the Rift

[OPEN] Scars across the sky [Kahlua]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin

Why was she here again? She couldn't say. Memories of her last encounter flooded her mind, causing shivers to run down her spine. Kahlua stood at the base of the mountain, looking up. To her right, several paces off, was a tree. The same tree she had lain her blood soaked body against after she had stumbled her way back down the mountain. The same tree that had held her while she tried to bring life back into her war-torn muscles. Ricochet's face laughed at her as she closed her eyes, the terrifying burned half mocking her with it's grotesque features. She opened her eyes and shuddered again. Can I do this? Am I strong enough? She didn't know if she was or was not, but why was she here if she wasn't to try?

Just one step was all she needed to take. One step would put her on the path back to the mountain's top. One step would help her overcome this fear that had become such a permeating part of her life. One step... and she couldn't take it. She stood at the bottom of the mountain, fear-frozen and childish. Flashes of blood crossing her eyes- memories of the slashes and bites that had been laid upon her in her first real fight. The lacerations punishment for a crime she didn't mean to commit. You can do this. Onni overcame her fears. Can't you? A glittering catches her eye and she turns. It's small, just the tiniest little thing. A glowing stone, plum colored, attached to a thin vine necklace. An amulet. She had heard of them. She had never seen one.

Kahlua moved to the amulet and picked it up in her mouth, eyes wide as it didn't disappear. She wasn't hallucinating the thing. Quickly, she slipped it over her head and around her neck, jealously guarding the thing in case some other should try to come take it from her. Its a sign. The moon goddess watches over you. She thought to herself and smiled. Yes, she could do this. That one step happened. Up the mountain she went then, step after step taking her higher. Through the mists and fogs she traveled, the fear dissipating even as the fogs became more dense. Then they broke, and she was at the top of the world.

Her muscles burned for the climb, but she had never been prouder of herself than this day. Ahead of her, she saw a stallion and she couldn't help but whinny to him in an elated fashion. “What a joyous day it is, good sir!” Her soprano voice was joyous and dancing like it had not been in so many weeks and months as she trotted over to him, nodding her head and smiling in good spirits. The plum stone twinkled on her neck in the moonlight. Even the darkness would not keep her down today.

@[Skywalker]
OOC| I won an amulet for Kahlua's post count, I just never actually played her finding it, so that's what the necklace thing was all about. If you don't want to be tagged when I post, just let me know :) You don't need to tag me, I'm pretty good at keeping up with threads.

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Scars across the sky [Kahlua] - by Skywalker - 08-27-2013, 03:53 PM
RE: Scars across the sky [Kahlua] - by Kahlua - 08-27-2013, 06:45 PM
RE: Scars across the sky [Kahlua] - by Skywalker - 08-28-2013, 12:04 PM
RE: Scars across the sky [Kahlua] - by Kahlua - 08-28-2013, 03:06 PM
RE: Scars across the sky [Kahlua] - by Skywalker - 09-01-2013, 06:51 AM
RE: Scars across the sky [Kahlua] - by Kahlua - 09-01-2013, 02:09 PM
RE: Scars across the sky [Kahlua] - by Skywalker - 09-14-2013, 08:50 AM
RE: Scars across the sky [Kahlua] - by Kahlua - 09-18-2013, 03:13 PM