the Rift

[PRIVATE] red bones, white blood.

NPC Posts: 298
User-based Random Event
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
She was afraid.

Her mother had birthed her in the darkness, and she had grown in it, welcomed it, and even let the shadows settle in her breast. A little bit of darkness ate at her soul, flowering, growing, eating away at her innocence. Still, she told herself she was okay, even though she began to smell of rot, of decay.

She was a cherub, a skinny little darling, on knobby knees and gangly legs, a precious child, who might have grown up to be who-knows-what. Her eyes were big and brown, with long, curling lashes of snow-white. A coat of precious cream, with a streak of black about her sparkling eyes, encased her frail bone and foal-soft muscle. The filly was younger than a blossoming spring bud, rosy-cheeked and sweet-eyed, with an insatiable curiosity that would lead her to something far worse than a mother's scolding. With a voracious appetite of romanticized dreams of adventure, she left her mama's flank and wandered into the big bad woods.

We can call her Little Red Riding Hood, but there's no axman come to save her, and her grandma is far away.

The wolf appeared when she fell in the scarlet pool, and she pulled her out, sat her down and cleaned her up. Her skin still tingled from the dead-faced mare's yellowed teeth scraping away dust and dirt. "We've got to get you pretty now," she had sighed, eyeing the tangle of pearl curls. "I want to go home." Red had cried out, but the wolf had only shaken her skull-face sadly. "No, child. This is your home now. Wait now, and I'll be back soon." Night had cycled on, and the foal awaited her savior and captor.

But the wolf-mare had returned sooner than she wanted.

Red stepped back, terror in her heart. "Let me go!"

Bloody murder, Red should've screamed.

But she didn't.

Messages In This Thread
red bones, white blood. - by Confutatis - 08-27-2013, 07:12 PM
RE: red bones, white blood. - by NPC - 08-27-2013, 07:28 PM
RE: red bones, white blood. - by Confutatis - 08-27-2013, 07:45 PM
RE: red bones, white blood. - by NPC - 09-14-2013, 10:54 PM