the Rift

[OPEN] Breathe, It's Over

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

The glimpse of a pale form catches in my eye, and for a moment, I wondered if it was that of my son. However, this being possess a crystalline horn upon their brow, and I knew then that this was the Edge's loyal Seer, Hellena. My knowledge of the elder mare was little, for we had never spoken until now, but she held my respect nevertheless. She was a part of this land just as the mists were, a ghostly apparition that I might have thought the overseer of the Edge if not for my knowledge of the Goddess of the Moon.

Her words put my worries to rest, but I still yearn to see my family with my own eyes and assess their condition myself. I wanted to walk with my daughter as we sought a healer, together, congratulating her on a job well done and finding some way to laugh this whole thing off for now. However, drawing myself to a stand still, my bister eyes meet the mare's own violet ones. Briefly I wondered where the pale maiden had stood and watched the fight, surely wondering who would rise victorious from this battle. How many invasions like this had she seen in a lifetime that far surpassed my own? What would she be doing now if the Qian had fallen, and the intruders took over our beloved cliffsides?

I hush my thoughts.

"The news fills me with pride," I offer in response, flashing a brief, albeit pained smile towards the Seer. I knew now that my warriors had felt the force of an invasion, they were aware of what to expect, and would perhaps throw themselves into more rigorous training regiments. Once we had all recovered from our injuries, I would assure that the next time somebody came knocking at our door, we would all be more ready than before, myself included.

Shifting where I stood, I try and remove the brunt of my weight from my left foreleg in order to relieve the ache. Circling in the air, Suli descended from the currents and took perch upon my topline, ever mindful of my injuries as she tangled her talons into my mane. She looked on at Hellena, violet gaze curious as she listened silently. Releasing a gentle exhale, I speak again. "Do you know who it was that attacked, or if we have taken any prisoner? I could not pinpoint my opponents scent."

"Speak."

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Breathe, It's Over - by Destrier - 08-27-2013, 09:48 PM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Hellena - 09-08-2013, 11:14 PM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Destrier - 09-10-2013, 08:31 PM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Hellena - 09-13-2013, 04:14 AM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Destrier - 09-16-2013, 06:28 PM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Laila - 09-17-2013, 02:10 PM
RE: Breathe, It's Over - by Hellena - 09-20-2013, 05:55 AM