the Rift

[OPEN] X Amount of Words [Spies/Shadows Meeting]

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

mesec</style>

The words pierced the night sky, calling for those committed to backing the Foothills with valuable information. Spies, shadows, intelligence; different names for the same thing, but I knew that for once, I was included in this group. That realization caused my heart to swell with pride, my sullen mood momentarily forgotten. Allowing the darkness to consume me completely, wrapping about my limbs until even the lighted sections of my body were gone, I willed myself to form near the top of the waterfall of the Foothills near the land's newest leader, Apollo.

My feelings towards the overo were generally good ones, for I'd never been given a reason to dislike the horned stallion. He had been nothing but kind to me, showing me his own trust when the darkness had first fallen over the lands. But as good as he had been to me, I found it difficult to try and forge a closer relationship to the new Chief and call him friend. I had already been let down so many times in my young life, and I wasn't sure that my soul could handle yet another heartbreak. It was Ophelia that should have been standing there before me, but she had left, and I wouldn't dare hold that against Apollo. It was not he who had dealt me a terrible hand in this game of life.

Lifting my pale eyes to Apollo's blue, I flashed the older male a gentle smile and offered him the slightest dip of my head. I had questions, but I wouldn't voice them until the overo had been given the chance to explain this all himself. What was needed of the shadows? Who would train those new to the ranks, such as myself? Worry blossomed in my chest at the thought of failing this rank altogether, but with a steady inhale, I managed to keep myself calm, mind clear and ready to take whatever orders I received.

Two others had come forth to offer their services, one I could recall as Phaedra, and the other whose name I was unaware of, but knew instantly by her words that Phaedra was her mother. Both were offered a cheerful look, though I had to squint against the light given off by the mare. They were to become my comrades, and I could not wait to be sent into action by our new Chief.

"talk talk talk"
  one morning breaks, one night will end
  break from this world and live again
breathless-dk, EveLivesey, and Burtn @ deviantart.com
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
RE: X Amount of Words [Spies/Shadows Meeting] - by Mesec - 09-05-2013, 09:48 PM