the Rift

[OPEN] Darling Victory, my gratitude

Rishima Posts: 137
World's Edge Moon Advocate
Mare :: Equine :: 16.2 :: 15 Buff: NOVICE
Kali :: Common Griffin :: Draining Clutch Charks

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.</style>
But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep.</style>

I sought my sister, following the voice which called her home, the echo in the trees as familiar to me as my heartbeat. Mother, mentor, goddess and friend, the Moon is as much my family as anyone else, a single constant in tumultuous ventures and the wandering beat of troubled hooves; she has taught me and guided me, acting as a beacon since my eyes first opened upon this world. It is for her, for her land, that we have fought, for her that we hold so tight- her and Mirage, our golden dragon, my little shade. War comes upon us, the crashing wave of a serpent's wrath, and for them we stand tall and hold ourselves against the storm, weather the fools and curse the demons.

I stood in a war and fought no foe, yet felt a heaviness grow within my heart. How long must we fight against the cruelty of ignorance, the self-indulgence of the blind? How long can I carry on putting on a face for a cause I don't believe in, a family I do not love? I would fight for Mirage, for my brothers... my lovers... I fought for the child we have brought into this bitter world. I would fight for the fillies who call me aunt- but who else, really, in this herd I claim as mine? Torasin is dead, Solstice dead... Vikram fails to hold my esteem, and I have not seen Smoke for some unreasonably long amount of time. Paladin, Kaj- are there even others I can name, faces I could pull from an endless crowd? Sage, a sister, but still so far... Is the fault in them for their youth, their cockeyed ways, or does it rest in the bowels of my bitter old soul?

Too lost and too lonely, that has always been me. I needed to ground myself, and so I sought Mirage.

The absence of the sun was a blessing, really. Forced to stare my troubles face-to-face in the light of day, I have to wonder if I would have simply fled. Could I flee? In a land where I felt connections to few, the strings that hold me are surprisingly numerous, bonds wrapped around golden limbs. Rank, responsibility, and now a child – all things I had never asked for, but found myself wielding with a tumultuous mixture of loathing and joy. With the weight of the world so heavy on my shoulders (to use a poor metaphor- the only weight upon my shoulders was Kali, and while she might think she made up the entire world, well...) I stepped slowly through the mist and trees, in no great haste to interrupt the meeting between my sister and our God. I could feel their souls pulling at mine, the warm gold of Mirage's a perfect fit into my mind. Since the twin's delivery I had felt the weight of my sister's being, a constant thing I was happy to hold; the fear I had once held of investigating souls had disappeared after Tandavi's birth. The Goddess rippled with violet and shade, a powerful thing I dared not investigate too closely, yet felt irrepressibly tempted to explore- what vast chasms of knowledge must lie within, what violent power and brilliant love? Ugn, no. I clenched my eyes against the desire, instead letting myself fall into the soft embrace of Kali's gentle coos. Little brat, she could make me smile in the worst of times.

A smudge of black on the blissful calm. Dark eyes sprung open, peering back into the night. They were not alone, my sister and the Moon; someone else was with them. Someone whose soul warped beneath the heat of a flawed and burning heart. What the hell? Kali stiffened at my disquiet, kneading uneasily as I picked up my speed. Already moody, I had not the patience to deal with whoever the fuck had decided to intrude on a moment meant for my sister, for family and loved ones and those who deserved.

“I advise you leave, child; now is not your time to make demands.”

There was a line of stone in my voice, a promise of authority I would not hesitate to use. Harmony had grown since I saw her last; so recently a filly, she nearly rivaled me for height, a painted thing with a side of decay. What had happened to corrupt the child I knew not; but I could feel ambition radiating off of her, tempered with cruelty and the scattered remnants of an innocent heart. I stepped around her in a fluid motion, Kali raising slightly to ease the release of her throaty growl- Oh, brat, we don't want to scare her. I did not want her to run before I could uncover the nature of the sallow face, but neither did I want her here. Onyx eyes shifted to Miri and the Moon, a bow for the Lady and a smile for my kin; I stepped away from the filly with another glance, stern and warning that she ought to obey the angry gryphon, and came to stand alongside my sister, body pressed against hers in a gesture of protection and possession. "My Lady," I murmured to my mentor, gazing calmly into the pupilless eyes, "You do my sister a well-deserved honor; and bring a lightness to my own heart with your return." There was no dishonesty in my voice, for here, surrounded by my most beloved, I felt the strain of isolation ease.

Now if only that filly would hurry up and leave.

[ ooc || Don't mind Rishi, she's being selfish and grumpy :3 ]
Stock Providers: Horse, Background.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Darling Victory, my gratitude - by Mirage - 09-02-2013, 11:16 PM
RE: Darling Victory, my gratitude - by Harmony - 09-03-2013, 10:14 AM
RE: Darling Victory, my gratitude - by Mirage - 09-06-2013, 07:22 AM
RE: Darling Victory, my gratitude - by Harmony - 09-08-2013, 08:53 PM
RE: Darling Victory, my gratitude - by Rishima - 09-09-2013, 09:15 PM