the Rift

[OPEN] A Deathly Note. [tonka - death thread]

Hestia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

HESTIA...
Look in my eyes and you'll see a rough and tough mare. Look into my heart and you may see some warmth.

These past few months in Helovia had been quite insanity. I do not mean it in a good way, but more like a stressed way. My entrance into Helovia was no picnic. The Appaloosa and Bay had come to take me to their home, but which home should I choose? I went with the bay, the one who led the Assassins. I thought they would have been bigger and scarier. I thought they were warriors. They were not Assassins and merely did nothing special. I started training, but grew tired of the pointlessness of it. I had learnt nothing there, but I stayed. I had a slight crush on the leader, but I could almost say that was over. Since no action was being done, I went to our target, the World's Edge, to become an ally, but they promptly declined. I had met the dun palomino there. I could see something special there, I could. After I left the Edge that day, I went to the Frozen Arch. I heard some news and went back to Edge, told the leader the news, then left the Assassins.

They are crazy, but they still had a place somewhere in my heart. Tonka had very well ensured I was happy, but I hadn't been. I still missed him, but not so much the rest of the Assassins. I had been the General, a trusted and established rank. I had made an impact, that, I knew.

My hooves were silent against the thick bed of thistle. The flowers wild and lush, but no sun came. I guess it meant the Earth God was back. I missed the sun on my back, and the warmth beneath my hide. I missed being able to see. Here in this meadow, I saw one little tree. This tree was glowing, and trying very hard to stay that way. That was the glory of Helovia, everything tried hard. Fighters fought hard. Stealers tried hard to steal. Leaders tried hard to be good leaders. I tried hard not to be confused, but today it became clear, all if it. Helovia was something special, something very special. I hadn't explored all of it, but I felt like I knew this place, like my very own hooves.

I walked up next to this glowing tree and smiled. The tree was young and strong. It would grow taller, though. It would grow stronger too. I just stood next to this tree and lowered my head to the ground. Opening my mouth, I take a mouthful of green grass. I'd missed the vigor of grass that had not withered and died.

Sighing for a moment, I wish Tonka was here, but I bet he was still locked in World's Edge. I missed him already, and I felt bad for just leaving him like that, and I'd wished I could've said 'I'm sorry' to him then, rather than now. I knew I would say it sometime, but I wasn't too sure when. Helovia was a big place, what were the odds Tonka would be here?

Chirp, Chirp, Chirp, Chirp.

I hear little birds and chicks in the distance and I assume that life has begun bustling again. I just wasn't aware those would be the last chirps I would ever hear again. I was usually ornery, but today I felt calm and serene, as if the Gods wanted me like that because they knew my date was here. I enjoyed myself right now. A calm breeze blowing over my wings. I felt free, alive.

Not for long, though.

A sliver of white showed in my eyes, a great sign of fear, as my knees buckled and I was on the floor. Like one organ at a time started shutting down. My legs went numb and I didn't know what to do, but yell. "TONKA!" My voice injected with a fear all to real. I knew that second I was dying.

Please Tonka, come, I can't do this without you by my side telling me everything will be okay, even if I know it won't be. Tonka, I love you. Please stay with me, Tonka. My thoughts screamed in my head, but I couldn't form the words in real life.

I was dying.

@[Tonka] I'm crying.

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky

Tonka and Kilchii
The Leader and his Son

Peace. That was what this night seemed to be. The songs of birds filled the air and the scent of thistle stung to the brute and his son’s nose. Tonka had taken his son away from the Frozen Arche for a night time walk. He needed to talk to him about the world that they lived in and about their group, The Assassins. He had been freed! He was back to his kingdom and it seemed as if nothing could break the brute. He had changed with his absence though. The Edge seemed to make him a different stallion. He still did have his cunning spirit, but his soul had more of a gentle touch to it. He had become more loyal to his loved ones and much more respectful of what he had. He had been taken away one too many times, and he was sure that he would not get stolen again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

TONKA~

The large brute’s crown was pointed high and his shadowy figure move at a comfortable canter. Sparkling royal blue eyes flickered to his son that lagged a bit behind. Black hooves hit the ground and kicked up dirt. A smile grew on his maw as his gaze returned to the dark terrain. He could hear the river flowing ahead, and slowed his pace down to a walk. He had figured that his son was thirsty from galloping all the way from their snowy home with little breaks. The rushing waters came into sight, and Tonka looked at his son as if telling him to come and take a drink. Suddenly, a scream was hurled into the night. It called the brute’s name. Harks pointed forward and the steed felt a lump grown in his throat. “Kilchii, come!” He called and galloped off into the direction of the scream.

Tears stung his eyes. He knew that was probably happening. Hestia.. It was Hestia! She … she was… she was going to die! A lamp tree came into the massive stallion’s view. A figure lay beneath it. Salty drops now slid from his eyes and down his handsome face. Oh gods! She was slowing slipping away!

Tears had never come down the brutes face before, and never did he think something like this would be so hard. He knew that death was hard to handle, but not this hard. Hestia! He loved her. Not only has a friend. He loved her a bit more. But now… she was slowly going to run away from him. Oh! Even though that she had left him there in the Edge with words that said, “I am leaving”, he still loved her! Hestia, his Hestia, was going to be gone forever. She never even had a chance to meet his son, or his daughter, or even his love. She never had a chance to show her true potential as a warrior. The one thing she wanted, Tonka had not provided.

His heart felt was if it had been ripped out of his chest and thrown onto the ground and stomped on until it finally shattered into pieces. Tears streamed from his sliver specked gems. “Oh Hestia! Don’t leave me! You can’t, you won’t! You WILL be ok! Please…please don’t leave!” His voice was muffled with his sobs. “Just don’t give up. Please! Just stand up and show me that you are ok! That’s all I ask of you!” He had forgotten that his son was still here. Right now, it was him and his lovely Hestia. His knee’s fell weak and his brain pounded inside of his head. Strong chocolate legs could no longer bear his weight. Down the King fell by the side of his injured Knight. He let his maw touch her sandy colored forehead. He nuzzled her, and then threw his neck around hers.

“Hestia.. I am so sorry. I did not fulfill the training you waited. I fai….failed you. Oh! Please forgive my sins! Hestia, I lo...love you.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

KILCHII~

All of his energy was drained from him. He had run WAY too far! Why did his daddy have to be so pushy? Good thing he was slowing down, because if he did, the colt was about ready to pass out! There was a stream of water now in front of him. The frail face of the leader’s son bent down and he gulped the water down as if it was the last drink he would ever have. His head lifted as he heard a scream and eyes peered over to his father as he called for the colt. Again, Kilchii was forced into running.

He did not get what was happening. A latern tree was in the distance and a lady was laying under it. She was probably just having a nice nap, right? Well, his father did NOT think so. He glanced up at his father, only to see rivers falling from his eyes. What the hell was happening? Was was his father doing this. Kilchii was scared and wanted to run home.

“Daddy? Who is this? Why was you crying.” Solemn eyes stared up at his father only to be ignored. Instead, his father kept talking to the girl, who was oviously just taking a freaking nap! The colt would have to tell his mother about his father’s break down. His legs were trembling with fear now. “C...an we go home now?”
The colt did not get what was happening. He did not get that this mare was actually dying. This mare was being ripped apart every second. Fear was all that was rising in the boy’s system. Not one bit of sorrow for the lady. He was only thinking about himself. He was worried that this father was going to leave him and he would have to find another daddy for his mommy to love.

Love. That was what his father had said to this nobody! How dare he loved someone other than his mommy and his family. The mare did not smell of the Arch, so therefore, she was not part of his family. Anger erupted in the colt’s stomach and he wanted to go home! NOW! His daddy would not love anyone out of this family. “Dad! Stop it now!” Once again, the colt was ignored.

Tonka Kilchii

@[Hestia]

Hestia Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

HESTIA...
Look in my eyes and you'll see a rough and tough mare. Look into my heart and you may see some warmth.

My body was giving out.

It was if by magic, Tonka came. I just couldn't be happy though, I was dying and that was what was on my mind. Behind Tonka, was a foal. I paid no attention. I had to get my words out, if I even still could. My lungs stung with every breath. My throat was dry to the bone. I could no longer feel my legs. It was a sad thing, death. I knew Tonka would soon get over me and this little death. Though I was crest-fallen he would. Tonka spoke with passion and love.

“Oh Hestia! Don’t leave me! You can’t, you won’t! You WILL be ok! Please…please don’t leave! Just don’t give up. Please! Just stand up and show me that you are ok! That’s all I ask of you!” He yelled frantically. I was to far gone to stand, much too far. I just hoped that Tonka knew I felt the same way. I wish I could stand, I wish I could run, but I couldn't. My body was chained to the Earth, and this time, there was no escape.

"You didn't fail me... I failed you, Tonka." My voice quivered and wavered. I hesitated badly, but not purposely. Tonka should not feel this way. I would make it known he didn't fail a single drop. He was a good leader, no, a great leader. He'd be prosperous and full of success.

The voice of the child rang in my ear. The voice that yelled Dad and stop. Could it be? The man of my dreams already called for? I knew I had to straighten this out, and rather quickly. Looking at the child then back at Tonka, I would solve the problem. "Be good, my brother. I've loved you forever. Stay strong, so I may watch you from the heavens, I love you, Tonka... I always have." Maybe the child would think I'm Tonka's sister, and that Tonka isn't cheating. My voice croaking as my lungs stung. I could barely speak. I would have to talk quickly.

"Please Tonka, let me die under your rule, as a true Assassin." As Tonka hugged me I couldn't feel it. I was nearly dead. "You are mine, no matter who says otherwise, because I... L...ov....e y..y.." ou. My voice gives out before I finish. My eyes glaze over and start flickering shut. An eerie cold crossed my body, and all I saw was black, endless black.

With silence droning on, my soul leaves my body. As it does, an extremely cold gust of wind flows over the meadow. I have died. My body cold and motionless in the embrace of Tonka.

Coldness capturing me.
Warmth no longer felt.
My body is numb.
I am no longer full of fright,
I am now under the heavens light.
Will you miss me?

You are a soldier,
Brave to the core.
I've left the world though my presence remains.
Keep me in your heart,
For I love you.

It's too bad,
This had to end,
All because
I am dead.

R.I.P Hestia.
@[Tonka]