the Rift

[PRIVATE] Thoughts of Pink [HARMONY]

Apache Renoen Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

The pegasus moved swiftly through the forest, his sharp hooves making no sound as he ghosted from shadow to shadow. Blushing petals, the color of budding love, covered every tree or drifted lazily through the air before coming to rest on the floor bellow, joining their brethren as they blanketed the earth like a soft fragrant snow. The whole world held a ethereal glow, a hushed majesty. The stallion’s head spun from the sweet scent of the cherry blossoms, an odd sight among the chilling breath of winter. This place was a wonder of the world, large grove of trees hidden deep within the wilderness so high above the valleys bellow that it seemed to exist among the clouds. Many equines traversed the treacherous paths to bask in the fragrant petals. His head barely moved as he took in his surroundings as he continued at a swift and steady walk, the sound of each footfall absorbed by the soft cushiony petals that didn’t seem to rot upon the ground. Petals gently rested atop his shoulders entangling themselves into main and tail, one settled at the base of his right ear where it remained quivering with each stride.

The world was at peace, not even the birds had awoken from their slumber the lull of this place easing them into a deep long sleep as the winter morning broke over the land. The pegasus had spent several minutes in awe of this place, unable to move or breath due to its beauty. Even now after he had shook the overall shock off ,diving deeper into the forest, he could not entirely escape the wonder that filled his heart. Reaching the center of this majestic land he stopped, his head craning back to take in the towering cherry tree before him. Surely the most senor of all the trees of this forest, Apache would not be surprised if this ancient wonder was the sire of all the trees that surrounded him. Approaching with reverence the stallion's knees bent as he lay beneath its bows, his haunches resting against massive trunk, wings tucked neatly at his sides, as he surveyed the forest around him.

This place was truly a romantic’s paradise, if only he had someone to share it with. He frowned as thoughts of what could have been filled his heart, if only he had been able to save her, then they could share this moment together. The winter was harsh and bitter but within its cold grasp one could be given the promise of new birth in the spring. His stomach turned at the thought of his lost mate. WOuld he ever be able to move on and find love once more? He sat there for several more moments, absentmindedly leaning his shoulder against the rough bark as he pondered the painful possibility that he could find another. The place was strange, peaceful, magical, and pink. It defied all logic, it was quickly growing on him. Sighing he happily enjoyed his time among the petals, he would not return to wandering for another hour or so. He needed a little time to rest and relax.

As he sat there a sound invaded his mind, someone was calling to him. Looking up his ears perked forward he attempted to locate the source of the sound; he had no such luck. Standing he stepped away from the tree in an attempt to find the caller as the voice grew more urgent. The sound was swallowed by the petals, taking another step the male gasped as the ground vanished before him. He was falling! Spreading out his wings he attempted to stop his decent, but the gesture did nothing to slow let alone stop himself from plummeting. With a start the stallion jerked awake, his eyes snapping open bringing the world into stark focus. Taking in his surroundings, he felt extremely disoriented when he saw nothing but dirt walls and roots. That was right, he had taken shelter a den dug at the base of a massive tree. Looking at the entrance out into the dark world he could still see only the silver moonlight filtering through the entrance. His breath grew calm, but his sense remained alert. What had awakened him?

Walk "Talk!" Think

Table Made by Aztec

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

H a r m o n y

Until you are in Harmony with yourself, you are not complete.

{walk} {"talk"} {quote, Raven}

I find myself in the forest once again. Wondering here had become a daily task. It seems I have come to love the closeness and how dark it is here. How I can lurk in the shadows and not be seen even with my complex color pattern. My days have come to this. They have become useless, and somewhat lifeless. Again, I feel as if I have no point in being here, but I must remember my future, remember what I have planned.

I glance to each of my sides before lurking on. Being careful where I land my hooves, I move without making a noise. Truly, I am proud of what I have become. But, I need to work on becoming less cocky, and less aware of my beauty. Beings seem to shy away, but what they don't know is that I want to draw them in, and become friends. Now without Anthiea, I can truly say, no one understands me, and what I have become. It is true. It is, I promise you.

My harks are perked forward, focusing on what is ahead. I try to blur out what is to my sides, and what is behind me, I simply walk forward, sticking to the shadows. I only stop when I hear a distant crackle and movement to the right of me. At a halt, I curl my neck to turn my dome to the same direction. My deep blue pools slice through the undergrowth. I raise my maw, hoping to catch a tint of scent on the hardly apparent breeze. There is nothing. I hear another movement. I immediately tense. Unfortunately, this creature is downwind from me.

I am set into action once again, now I have turned my whole bodice in the direction of the sound. I move along at a faster pace, but I still maintain my quiet presence. The silver moon light is cutting it's way through the thick foliage that grows to the sky here, the trees. Every now and then, I come across an area that is bathed in light, I restrain from the area, moving swiftly around it, then set myself onto the same path. Soon, another crackle, this time, right in front of me. I smirk. Quietly I peek around the large bush to set my eyes upon him. He is by an old cherry tree. Looking puzzled. I tell myself he cause me no threat.

I sigh, and clear my throat reluctantly to let him know of my presence. I restrain from the shadows to join him in the moonlit clearing. I stay about 5 horse lengths from him, letting him have his space. I dip my dome.

{" Greetings."}

@[Apache Renoen]
Table by Wild. - SarhaharaS1@DA

Unregistered

Slowly the stallion drew himself out of the den, unwilling to remain within its convinces while awake. He was a child of the wind, born to the skies where he would fly endless hours basking in the glory and freedom known only to creatures blessed with wings. He had been doing much flying lately, rarely touching the ground save to sleep and seek sustenance. Rising to his feet the tall stallion gave a vagarious shake of his body, his wings outstretched, waving up and down as he shook the dust from his pelt. The particles fell from his body, drifting through the air where they twisted and danced in the shafts of moonlight. Satisfied with his work the stallion stilled once more, his ears perked forward as he took in the sounds of the forest. Alert and still one edge from the voice that had called out to him in his dream the pegasus started when the young woman seemed to materialize in the moonlight.

He dipped his head, parroting her actions as he regained his composure. "Greetings to you, Woodland Angel." he replied. "Forgive me for startling, I had not expected to see one of such beauty appear before me." His head cocked to the side, forelock slipping from its place to fall in front of his eye. "I am Apache Renoen, it is a pleasure to meet you." he offered her a friendly smile, appreciative of her manners. He was unaware how long she had been hiding in the shadows before she had decided to reveal herself, if she had wanted she could have easily slipped by him, or attacked. Yet she had chosen to reveal herself, offering a friendly greetings and remaining at a polite distance. Either she was genuinely friendly, or she was working some sort of angle.

He did not feel that she was hiding any dark secrets or harboring evil intentions, his instincts told him that she was another kind soul seeking company. Trusting his gut Apache spoke. "It has been a longtime since I have met another soul. Do you live within these forest? You seem very in tune with them." He rarely saw a horse able to move with such stealth, few knew how to read the rhythms of the land and mimic them in their every move to enable them to blend into the land. Yet this young woman seemed to have mastered this area's basic song, allowing her to come and go as she pleased like a silent forest spirit, which led him to believe that she either lived here or spent a large majority of her time between its bows. Intrigued he wished to ask more question, but felt it would be rude to suddenly bombard the filly with any more. They had only just met after all.

Walk "Talk!" Think

Table Made by Aztec

Deceased
Wild.

H a r m o n y

Yes we had only met, but I felt a connection between us. His actions and his words were very kind. He gave me a warm welcome by complementing me right off the get go. He was a true, polite gentlemen. I was happy to see that these kind of Stallions still existed. Truly, it was a pleasure to be in his presence.

I let myself relax as I took a step forward. His words seemed as if they where carefully chosen, his face had a friendly glow to it. My smile widened as he called me a "Woodland Angel", how he said he was startled by my beauty. He made me beam, all I could do was smile at him, and release a chuckle now and then out of nervousness. Now he asks me if I live here. I shake my head from left to right, then let my kissers part and my soft voice echo through the deep wood.

" You are too kind, darling. No, I do not live here. I thrive in a place east of here, the World's Edge. But I am soon leaving there. "

I have no resistance to let my feelings and words pour out to him. He seems as if he is one I can trust with my life. His kindness could strangle an evil one. He is... I don't know to explain the feeling.
He makes me feel as if I am wanted, loved. He makes me happy.

" Kind sir, can I ask of your name? I am Harmony. "

The tips of my kissers rise, as if pulled by an imaginary string. Raven doesn't speak up but I know he is there. He's feeling confused... hurt. I don't know why. But I am in an amazing place right now, here with this gentlemen. I have no time for Raven, or anyone else. I could stay here for hours upon hours, moons.

I take another step forward, chuckling. I let my orbs float across his frame, he is much larger than I. Upon his shoulders are beautiful wings. His coat is a silver color, dappled with darker coins. He is truly handsome. How could I come across one of this kindness, looks... He is truly magnificent.

@[Apache Renoen]
Table by Wild. - SarhaharaS1

Unregistered

He smiled at her reaction to his words, happy to find someone who took pleasure from them, happy to make her smile. His head cocked at her words. "Leaving, does your current home not suit you?" Being naturally social animals horses tended to forge strong bonds with their families, bonds that were not easily broken. He was genuinely concerned that something or someone had harmed this mare in such a severe way that she would to sever these bonds. Or perhaps she had never made such close relationships with her herd-mates and so she was leaving to seek another family of whom she could forge such a relationship.

"Forgive me, I should not pry. Your private matters are your own." With each step she took Apache's gentle lips curled into a smile, his head lowering in a welcoming gesture. He felt her eyes roam over him, taking him in. Some might feel uncomfortable with such scrutiny but he knew there was no harm in her studying him. He however had to be more careful when looking upon a lady, gaze too long and you appear rude, lustful, gaze to little and you risk in offending, looking weak, or missing key details.

Woman were as unique and varied as the jewel and stones of the earth, although some may have similarities, none were exactly the same. Seeing as this woman had proven to be so friendly the stallion felt it would not be stepping outside his bounds to gaze upon her form a little longer then usual, committing her to memory before returning to the only thing that interested him the most in all equine, particularly in the opposite sex, her face.

A horse's face was their greatest feature, with large expression ate eyes the serve as a window to their soul one can tell much about another by simply observing their facial expression. One would be surprised how much another reveals through their face and body, subtle signs that one would not normally see scream out the trained eyes of the stallion allowing him a deeper look into the heart and true intentions of the creatures that stood before him. His handsome face brightened when she revealed her name and he rolled it over his tongue, testing it out for himself. "What a beautiful, Harmony. Befitting one as kind and lovely as yourself."

Walk "Talk!" Think

Table Made by Aztec

@[Harmony]

Deceased
Wild.

H a r m o n y

Apache questioned why I will soon be leaving the Edge. Then apologized for asking. But, really I don't mind telling him at all. He is obviously a trust worthy animal, or so it seems. I smile, a small chuckle escaping my lips as I step forward, closing the space that separated our bodice's. I stretch my maw out to him, letting it touch his for a slight moment before ending the moment and forcing myself to pull away. I let my orbs float from his frame to his large, kind orbs.

" Dear Apache, I don't mind you asking at all. As long as you are willing to listen to kind of a long story!"

The end of my sentence is kissed with a little bit of sass, jokingly of course. My eyes returned to their relaxed and joyous state, as I look on into his, I can't help but let another nervous chuckle escape my kissers. Being in his presence is odd. I have never been around one so worthy of kindness, and one that is always willing to throw out a compliment.

I wait contently, watches his orbs as they scan my bodice. Many Stallions do this, I must say. But him, he is very respectful when he does so. He then returns his orbs to my dome, concentrating on my face. I chuckle again. Damn, this Stallion has me acting all nervous. Really, he is one that deserves this though. I smile when he speaks my name. I love the way he does it, the tone in his voice and how it echoes from his throat. My smile deepens, I am at the point, where my smile is so large, I most likely look like a fool.

I feel the tips of my harks turn hot when he compliments me once again. Taking another small step forward, I raise my maw to his left ear and whisper,

" Oh but, Apache... That is a name that suits one as handsome and kind as you. Why don't we go for a small walk, eh?"

I restrain my muzzle from his ear, but I stay at the same distance. Our eyes lock once again. Slowly, I turn, starting to walk at a slow pace. Turning my neck to the right, I whip my dome to the same direction so my orbs can lock with his again.

" Coming darling? "

"blah blah blah."

@[Apache Renoen]
Table by Wild. - SarhaharaS1@DA

Unregistered

Warning bells began to ring the closer the woman came, he did not detect any threat from her she certainly did not strike his as a mare who sought blood. No, that wasn't what he was worried about it was, then her mouth brushed against his, that was what he was worried about. His blinked, his head drawing back as he cleared his throat. Not trusting himself to speak after such a surprise Apache merely remained silent as she spoke, using the time to wipe the shocked look off of his face and restart his stalled mind.

"I do enjoy stories." He replied, still unable to formulate a proper response to what had happened. However the stallion was prepared for the second kiss, turning his head so her lips brushed the side of his face. "Forgive me, I am unworthy of such affections." he replied in a low voice. His chin lowering to touch his chest. He had just risked insulting her, at such close quarters he'd not be able to dodge if she lashed out at him. But he could not let this escalate, he had to let her know that this was not what he sought or accepted right now.

It was too fast, he was not seeking any affections from this mare. Merely friendly company and a smile or two, but not this. His heart ached, desiring the familiar touch of a woman. But he was not the type of horse to ask such a thing of a lady, he was too much of a gentleman. Even so the contact in their lips caused his heart to long for his lost mate and what could have been.

Cocking his head the pegasus listened as she whispered in his ear, remaining cautious of his own actions so as not to give her the wrong message. "I would be honored to accompany you, as a friend." He answer, his gaze locking with her's, calm and kind. Following her he made sure to remain at her side, keeping a polite distance between them. "It is quite a beautiful night is it not, the perfect time for a story and stroll with a lovely lady." he mused.

(Sorry for the horrible reply. ToT)

Walk "Talk!" Think

Table Made by Aztec

@[Harmony]

Deceased
Wild.
harmony

I was nor taken aback or offended by his actions. Most beings restrain from me and push me away. The way that I am so affectionate and willing to reach out and touch must seem rude. I know I want no future with this Stallion. He's too good for me. I do wish though. Oh, how I wish, dream and long for never ending love. My actions aren't unusual toward the Stallion, simply ones that I repeat every day of this hell we call life.

I force myself to push the feelings away that start to creep up my throat. I plead Raven to let me handle this myself, and thankfully the feelings work their way back to the bottom of my cold heart, snuggle among the thousands of slips of paper that represent his words, and my memories. He feels the crisp, new one, and I feel him slightly smile, only to push it away, and lay, reading the old, shriveled, ripped and brown slips. I shake my dome, concentrating on what's outside of my bodice, not what's on the inside.

My face stays calm, for I have perfected the manner of not showing my feelings to others I wish not to. This Apache was different, yes. My connection with him and my knowing of him was weak, but then again, I felt as if I have known him for years. I simply wanted to get to know this gentlemen better, and maybe one day become closer. The look of pain in his orbs, and the look of confusion is what made my heart skip a beat. The tips of my harks getting hot, I forced a polite smile to play on my kissers, dismissing his actions with my kind ones.

[color=#9400D3]" Do not apologize. You may see the gesture a different way then I, darling Apache, but I was taught it was a friendly gesture. Nothing of... that means. "

She nodded to him. Letting him know that she could feel the feelings coming off him in waves. I simply let my smile deepen, and whipped around. As I walked, I saw he kept a ways away from me.

I sighed. Once again, one doesn't even wish to be close friends. My harks begin to flatten against my dome as I remember all the ones who I have tried so hard to become friends with, only to be pushed away. Coming to a halt, I turn my head to the left, the side he was walking beside me on. As a small tear rolls down my opposite cheek, I try to hide my sadness.

"Don't worry. I only wish to be friends..."

My voice trails off, as a soft patter on the soil indicates the tear that left a wet trail down my dainty dome is no long there. I itch my front right leg with the side of my cheek, forcing the wetness to ease. Oh, how weak and foolish I look. Crying over something that's in the past, letting my heart ache and skip whenever I think of it. Whenever I think of the ones who have abandoned me. Antheia, World's Edge, Diatrec, Raven, Tonka...
I flinch. he last and the first are the ones that bring the most pain. I feel the tears coming again. Inside I scream and yell and sob, but what I do on the outside is different.

As Raven sits back and watches, slightly chuckling, I shake myself. Attempting to clear all the thoughts and memories from my mind. Forcing the old cobwebs away, as they reach out, and blow away with the slight breeze. But, of course, the thing about webs, they always come back...

Another fake, but polite smile dancing on my sorrel kissers. Nothing could lift my spirits right now, all I can do is fake. Fake that I like being alive. Fake that I'm happy. Fake that I'm not weak. Fake that I don't want love. Fake that I don't want a close friend. Some might call this sadness, but I call this my near death. It's ripping my insides apart. Making me bleed internally. It's scoring through my mind and possessing me... it's... it's.

I lock my eyes with his. I know that in my deep pools plays depression, sadness. A surprising contrast to what laid there minutes ago. Once again I flinch, slowly turning my dome to the path ahead, and clearing my throat. I glance over to him, deciding to speak, and get my mind off things.

"Sir Apache, tell me more about yourself."

No, the tears weren't shed for him, not even because of him. My actions are due to the past, not the present. The regret that lingers in the air begins to suffocate me, as I battle to say normal, and not to show my feelings to this kind Stallion.

{ OOC: I apologize for the drama filled and long post <3 Ahahh! It wasn't horrible! <33333 }