the Rift

[OPEN] These days

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Flies zipped and darted around my body, each landing on my thick skin randomly, seeking the little warmth that I produced every waking second. Ivory tail lashed back and forth, snapping at my hide, leaving my mostly clean coat dirtied with thin lines of mud; as you see, as long as my tail is, it likes to drag in all of this god forsaken fucking mud and gather all the leaves around me like a broom to a dustpan. I fucking hate this place. Clown face, we need to get out of here, quickly.

My neat hooves fell easily over the slightly muddy earth, the solid path that winds through the dead trees has itself imprinted into my brain; I wouldn't be able to lose it if I tried. Though, it sounds like some one has lost the trail? The grotesque suction on the bland, deep bog mud echoed off of the rotting trunks of a few trees to my right. Dark ears rotated toward the direction, my long face rolling toward the annoying noise as well. Large nostrils flare, drawing in deep breaths to attempt to drag the scent of the other from the air. None of us would wander through this shit. We're not that dumb... except for Arlo. A grin snuck across my dark mug at the thought of the burly gray stallion. I need to meet with him again.

No familiar scent was caught from the cold air -no scent at all really- it all blended in too well. I froze in my steps, leaving my front left hoof cocked on it's end, balancing my weight onto my right side. Another fly landed on my right nostril, causing me to snort and shake my head violently. The white sheet of hair that dripped down my neck waved through the air like a surrender flag, dropping back to my long neck lifelessly once my fit was over.

The sound stopped, leaving me curious. Though I'm not sure where it stopped, I do know this bog, and that gives me an upper hand if this is an intruder. Not that I would mind giving this place up for another home. My back haunches tightened and I brought my front half into the air, twisting on a neat dime to turn completely around; as soon as my front hooves returned to the ground, I pushed my body into a quick trot toward the source of the sound. The path became a little more muddy as I ventured into the trail less taken, eventually devouring the entirety of each hoof. This caused me to slow down to a careful walk.

Around a short bend, the ground gave out, turning into the shallows of the swamp. The water lapped happily at my legs as my motion sent little waves scattering about. Every movement in this glass like water made my stomach tighten and knot; you never could know what exactly it is that may be lurking beneath the mirror like top. A little island sat out in the swamp, accompanied by a rotten, hollowed out log that had.. a pair of ears? "I found you." I whispered beneath my breath.

It is nice not having a foggy brain any more, now I can actually control my body properly as well. The uncertainty of who is plopped in the middle of my home like a hobo beneath a bridge stirred up my never satisfied curiosity. This water is so deep, I can't go through this! But, if there may be a threat and Seele or Eris heard that I took no action on it, I would not be in a good position later on. My jaw dropped just enough for me to take in a large breath, and before I knew it, I had thrown myself into the still waters. Turns out the water only came knee high; still high enough for some one to grab you from beneath.

I hurried through the bog, ripping my hooves from the mud as quickly as they hit the bottom in order to not get stuck. My body thrashed through the water wildly in order to get to the miniature island; and it all happened within less than twenty seconds. No booby traps or lifeless fingers grabbed at me. Even though I had reached the shore once more, I was still leery of the waters; I found myself glancing behind me every once in a while.

Behind the log laid an intricately marked mare, her legs fowled with the bog mud. My ears laid back on my neck, purple eyes staring down at her in disgust. As if this mare is actually offending me by being here, I dropped my antlered face to a little higher above her own face. "Who are you, and why are you here?" I growled, blowing hot air into her face as I spoke.

"Speak." Thinking Walk walk
Tagged: @[Luneia]
AgronA
There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon

image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
These days - by Luneia - 08-31-2013, 12:10 PM
RE: These days - by Agrona - 08-31-2013, 05:25 PM
RE: These days - by Seele - 09-01-2013, 07:26 PM
RE: These days - by Luneia - 09-12-2013, 11:35 AM