the Rift

Lost in the Shadowed Wood

Ayaka Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I had come here yet again. I had come to the place where I had first entered before finding my home at the Dragon’s Throat. I had come to help another out of the darkness and into my lit home. It was part of my job as a Sergeant to bring others home. I wanted to fulfill my job and recruit. I always loved the feeling of when someone chooses to follow me back to the beams of fire at the Throat. It was a feeling of pride an honor knowing that one wanted you to take them home. Everyone needs a home, friends, and even a love to be happy. If I brought someone to the dessert today, it was one step closer into happiness. It was like healing the wounded or giving food to the poor. It was one way to make someone at peace for the moment.

My fur was like shinning like a starry sky. It glimmered and sparkled like the magic that I had once found that I had. It was not that fake dullness that the moon had brought to it. My pools of lava looked through the land, trying to spot a moving figure that was in need of a home. My tail slightly rose and my maw turned up as I inhaled a whiff of the dark forest. Hmm... There was a burrow full of rabbit (I would have to remember that when I got hungry), a flock of birds were resting in a tree, some crawling insects of the ground, the refreshing aroma of pine and oak, and one more scent that lingered. It smelled like a horse. There was something with her though. It was the smell of salt. Perhaps this mare had lived at the sea before she wondered into Helovia.

My frail frame turned towards the direction of the scent and I set off to go find the newcomer. The smell of an equine pressed harder and harder against my nose as I treaded closer. My ears pricked up and I stopped as the figure of a laying horse came into my sight. Soft sobs were reputing from the mare. My eyes almost grew tears themselves. How sad it was to see this mare. She seemed helpless and without a friend. I would have to change that. Oh god, she would probably be terrified of me though. I was a predator and she was prey. Though, I was not like other wolves. I would not rip open a horse for the meat that it supplied.

I swallowed, gently tucked my ears back a little and lowered my head and tail. I slowly padded closer to the chocolate pelted mare. I walked to her side, and then gave her a little nudge with my muzzle. I sat down. “You should get up. There are dangers out in these woods and if you do not show that you are strong, then they are sure to get you.” My gentle voice rang out to her and I looked into her bi colored eyes. “If you don’t mind me asking, why do you cry?”

talkingggg

Credits

@[Tellmae]

Messages In This Thread
Lost in the Shadowed Wood - by Tellmae - 08-31-2013, 08:16 PM
RE: Lost in the Shadowed Wood - by Ayaka - 09-01-2013, 08:18 AM
RE: Lost in the Shadowed Wood - by Tellmae - 09-01-2013, 01:34 PM
RE: Lost in the Shadowed Wood - by Eris_ - 09-02-2013, 09:13 AM
RE: Lost in the Shadowed Wood - by Eris_ - 09-05-2013, 07:06 AM
RE: Lost in the Shadowed Wood - by Ayaka - 09-02-2013, 11:04 AM
RE: Lost in the Shadowed Wood - by Tellmae - 09-04-2013, 02:46 PM
RE: Lost in the Shadowed Wood - by Ayaka - 09-09-2013, 03:51 PM