the Rift

bleeding out

Antiope Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

"Brighid? Hemera? Persephone?" She called out, getting nothing but silence back. The mare was walking under the crowns of tall trees, searching the shadows with bronzed eyes. Where were her sisters? She couldn't have lost them forever... Could she?
"Cealestis? Iris? Selene? Come on, you have to be here." Her voice was soft and full of innocence, the young mare was afraid. Where would she end up without her sisters? They had all escaped Mother together, flying off into the unknown during the night.
Then the storm... Oh, they had to be here somewhere.
"Come on, girls..." Her tune was now insecure, starting to become more and more afraid. Where was she? Who was out there? Where were they? If she had really lost them, then... What would she do? She was only five years old. It had gone two years since they lost each other in the storm, flying off in different directions. Antiope had tried to follow her eldest sister, Hemera, but eventually the golden mare had disappeared into the darkness. As well for her other siblings.
The peg sighed, her breath slightly broken since she was on the edge of crying, and she continued to walk. They were gone. Hemera, her golden Sun-sister. Cealestis, the daughter of the sky. Brighid, the earthy draft. Selene, the moon's mare. Persephone, daughter of the darkness. And lastly, Iris, the rainbow's favored daughter.
She missed them all so much, and it broke her heart that she might not ever see them again. None of them.
As the silver dark bay walked on, she felt a tear run down her cheek. Why had their mother been so cruel to the stallions? If she had been a loving and sweet Queen, they would've stayed and never separated from each other. Oh, she hated her mother. The dragon-tattooed had been so cruel, so cold.
She had raised them all to be just like her too, but it had failed so badly. None of her sisters - nor herself - was like Inanna. They were all friendly and nice... Lovable. But the silver bay had changed a lot since she lost them.
She was afraid, shy - and a liar. The name Freja had grown onto her, giving her a fake identity whenever she had to introduce herself. She had even given herself a fake story and lineage just to hide from possible Elysia-soldiers. The feeling deep within her told her that soldiers sent by Inanna were just around the corner, just around that tree. Avoidingly she took a long way around an oak just because of that thought.
Antiope just wanted to feel safe for once. Just once.

ooc: Yay, first Antiope-post :D
tags: -
wordcount: 444

Original coding by Aeolle || Picture credits

Apodis Posts: 39
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 15.3 :: 12 Buff: NOVICE
Eaglecry

Apodis

I've become much too good at being invincible, I'm an expert at play it safe, and keep it cool
But I swear this isn't who I'm meant to be, I refuse to let my life roll all over me...

The sun had returned and heat collected within his pelt, a slight sheen gathered upon his golden hue. His tail was raised high above his rump, the shorter strands tickled him there as coffee stained legs carried his slim, but muscular frame forwards.
A part of him felt a pull towards the forest, something that wasn't the norm with him. Usually water had his calling. Howeveer, today of all days, his name was beckoned from within the tree's. So he went, with a grace and proud stance. He was a happy little Stallion for once. Everything seemed to be going well for him.. So far. Despite the few mishaps earlier in the year. Today he was in a good mood, humming to himself as he moved swiftly through the tree's. Neatly dodgeing them, weaving in and out. Nickering gently to the small rabbits he scared from bushes. Perhaps it was the return of the sun which had him in such high spirits.

A dark shape caught at his periphials, casuing his rear end to bunch up under him as the brakes came on, twisting his body round to face more North west, from the north east direction he had been traveling. The little Stallion watched the shadowy figure with biwilderment, Eye's peeled for another, or danger. This place he remembered all to well. And it didn't feel like such long ago he had arrived in this same Forest. Helovia felt like home, like he had been here all his life. Perhaps it was time someone else had that same chance. To make this place a home. Pushing on he made haste towards them. Slowing his pace the closer he got. He didn't know them, what they were capable of, or if they were out for revenge.

His eye's soon captured the sight of wings. Great another winged one. He rolled his eyes silently. It wasn't anything he had against the Pegasus. It was more the fact he'd been attacked by birds, forever leaving him with the scar's. Wings made him edgy since that day. Pushing past his little issues, he took a step towards the .. Mare, he guessed by her scent. A shimmer of light caught at his pupils, just by her face. Thinking nothing of it. He cleared his throat. "Is there anything i can help you with, Ma'am?" He asked gently, His tone friendly and polite. But he was wary nontheless. She seemed lost and her stance told him she was not as cheerful as himself. Perhaps he would see about changing that fact. He stood just off of her right side and a few paces behind her, his stance proud, chest pushed out and his head held high. A gentle smile rested upon coffee stained lips.

"Talk Talk Talk"

image credits
table by whit
[Image: 525f791c057b6]64HP
[Image: 52878c6669a55]
Lines by bronzehalo

Unregistered

Sounds of another made the mare twist her ear and flick it back, listening. Someone was close to her. Warningly, she let her wings stand out from her sides a bit and rest in the air, now inches away from her muscular body. With suspicion in mind, she turned her dark head to the one behind her and gasped. Equine. She hadn't seen an equine since she met a herd of them a year ago. They had been nice, sure, but they fascinated her with their lack of wings. Antiope turned around, folding her silver wings to her sides again to show that she meant no harm. She widened her nostrils to take in the equine's scent, and she was surprised to find that it was a stallion. But... He looked healthy? Had it only been in Elysia that the stallions were abused throughout their lives? Was it only there the stallions were slaves for the mares?
She looked him over, taking in his all being into her mind. He was handsome - or good-looking - and she felt a positive aura around him. But was he one to trust?
"Is there anything i can help you with, Ma'am?"
There were many things he could help her with if they knew each other better, but for now, she didn't dare to speak of her sisters. Or her real identity. Luckily, she had become a pretty good liar during the two years she had spent alone.
"Yes, good sir." She started, her voice as soft as always. The mare sounded yet so young, as if she still was only three years old.
"I... I need a home. Or a shelter." The peg became insecure and looked away, her white pupils within bronzed eyes searching for something to lock her gaze on. She found a pretty blue flower on the ground not far from them, and she locked her gaze on that.
"My name is Freja, by the way." She closed her eyes and relaxed her wings, letting the silvery tips of them touch the ground. Oh, she did not like to lie, but it was necessary for her survival. It really was, but how - she didn't know. Without a doubt in her reversed colored eyes, she opened them and looked straight at the buckskin. She let her long legs move towards the stallion, out of the shadows and into the sunlight so that he could see her better.
The mare was careful not to put her cloven hooves into any holes, because she didn't want to fall and make a fool out of herself in front of a stallion. Antiope thought about what she had just been thinking and sighed with her thinking-voice. Maybe she had been affected by her Mother on that one thing. The thought of stallions being slaves.

She flicked her ears halfway back as she took a few more steps closer to the stag, looking at him with fake curiosity. Did he come from a place with shelter? Or even better, did he come from a home? She could smell dirt and heat on his pelt, which gave her a mental picture of a desert.
Of course, the mare had passed a few deserts on the way here, but she could never imagine that there were a desert in these lush lands.
"What's your name?"

ooc: -
tags: @[Apodis]
wordcount: 559

"Antiope speaks."

Hidden Account
Eaglecry

Apodis

I've become much too good at being invincible, I'm an expert at play it safe, and keep it cool
But I swear this isn't who I'm meant to be, I refuse to let my life roll all over me...

As the mare turned to him, his smile widened. Her eye's captivated him, frozen in place as he found himself just staring right into her bronze pools. The mare was pretty and her look sent a shiver down his spine. Her voice was like an angles song to his ears. She needed his help and that sent a wave of please through him. Happy to be able to assist such a lovely mare. He snapped out of it suddenly "Ah, A home. well i can show you where I have landed a place of sanctuary" His head dropped and raised again in a slight bow. Such a gentleman he was.

He watched her with kind eye's, his expression soft and caring. He was - for a stallion- kind natured, just wanting to help others find their way in life. His gaze following hers as she seemed to look away. A small blue flower having caught at her attention. it brought a smile to his face. So she liked the flower. He smiled inwardly, his brain getting an idea. If the lady desires the flower, she is more than welcome to it. So caught up in staring at the blue flower he almost lost her words to his far away mind, only just snapping out of it in time. Freja. A pretty name, only fitting for a pretty mare. He barely even flinched when Freja relaxed her wings. If anything it made him drool even more, her wings were dripping in silver, reflecting the light with a captivating motion.

Finding himself just staring at her, un-moving, his expression blank. Gulping slightly when she stepped further into the light. Everything about her radiated beauty. He may have seen many that were pretty in his life, But this mare that stood before him was like any other. An angel fallen from heaven, for his finding.
Such a lucky boy he was.

"My name..?" He asked gently. "Well it's Apodis" He spoke with a hint of playfulness in his tone, winking towards her. "This place, It's not too far from here. If you care to follow me, I'll take you to my abode" his tone had changed to more cocky and testing the waters. if anything this mare brought out the stud within him. everything about her screamed at him. If he hadn't good self control, He may have been mounting her right on the spot.

"Talk Talk Talk"

image credits
table by whit
Lines by bronzehalo

Unregistered

"Ah, A home. well i can show you where I have landed a place of sanctuary."
Antiope watched the stallion drop his head and raise it again in a bow, making her blush on her silvery brown cheeks. Fortunately, it wasn't visible as the mare's coat was all too dark for any blush to show. Thankfully. She saw his smile when she returned her bronze and white gaze to him, and vaguely tried to smile back. It had been so long since she last smiled. The last time had been when she had played with Iris on a lavender field, but that smile had disappeared when Mother had come to take them home.
That pathetic excuse for a Queen. Antiope watched the stallion's reacton as she had moved closer, surprised to find his eyes widen and staring at her. Insecurity began to fill her veins and she looked away again. She felt uncomfortable when stallions stared, but she wasn't used to it.
Not yet.
"My name..? Well it's Apodis. This place, It's not too far from here. If you care to follow me, I'll take you to my abode."
Apodis was a pretty name for a stallion like him and the peg smiled again, more visible this time. He had a home. But his voice sounded more brave and the tune had changed from the welcome of a stranger to a risk-taking stud.
Did she really want to risk her security for this stallion?

She stretched out her neck to reach his with her small muzzle and nudged Apodis' neck. Then she quickly withdrew herself and lowered her head, arching her neck with all the grace that the Arabian blood in her veins allowed her to have. Her silver mane covered her neck smoothly, glistening in the vague sunlight from above.
Maybe it was too much, but it was probably enough for the stallion to bring her to his home. That was something she had learned during her two years alone, even though she was still rather young for a mare.
Looking down, she parted her dark lips.
"I'd love to come with you, Apodis." The pegasus looked up, her silvery forelock laying on her nosebridge as she watched the buckskin with her very strange eyes.
Her eyes weren't that strange in Elysia, really. Three of her siblings had eyes that were like her own and only Hemera, Cealestis and Selene had eyes similar to their Mother's. But the mare guessed that they were strange enough to make someone gasp.

ooc: -
tags: @[Apodis]
wordcount: 420

"Antiope speaks."

Hidden Account
Eaglecry

Apodis

Delicate dished face twisted as the mare reached out towards him. Her maw came into contact with his neck, his muscles twitch from the contact. A spark shot through his veins, and he almost had to re-frame from doing something unspeakable. Instead he nickered a gentle welcome to her, a friendly smile twitched upon his lips. As she pulled away seeming to have been repelled from him; like polar similar. He reached out towards her, his motion calm and gentle mannered, his nostrils just barely brushed hers, his breath exhaling over her. A rush of emotions flooded over him, never once had he felt so strongly towards another. whatever it was about this mare, he liked, tenfold.

His lips grew in a wide, joker like smile. Pulling himself together once more and bowed his head towards her. "It is my honor to show you the way. Think of me as your body guard" He'd never liked that word when Rasta had used it about him before. But now, it seemed fitting if not a way of humoring the lady.

Just as the Stallion was about to show her they way, he remembered the little blue flower. And how it had caught her attention from him. With a smile he trotted towards the plant, head lowering towards it and gently with his lips, plucked it from the ground. He turned and trotted gracefully back to her. "A flower for the Lady" He smiled, with the flower grasped in his teeth. Then reached over to place it behind her ear, tucking it into her silvery tendrils.

Golden orbs took to the skies, having felt the air change around them. A storm was brewing, a sign that it was time to leave and find safety. His gaze went back to the pretty lady in front of him. But his mind was not there anymore. He had switched into his warrior and protector being. "We should leave, If we want to make it there in time to get out of the rain that is heading our way" At that he turned due south and headed back home, hoping that she would willing follow. After all what were words without action?

@[Antiope]
"Talk Talk Talk"

image credits
table by whit
Lines by bronzehalo

Unregistered

Apodis almost immediately seemed like a stallion that she could trust. But, she wasn't ready to take that chance yet. If he said anything that made her suspicious about him know her past, then she would leave on her own.
"It is my honor to show you the way. Think of me as your body guard."
Or not. A body guard would be nice for the princess, as she would probably need one just in case someone tried something. For example, if her Mother found her. The peg frowned on the inside and looked at the buckskin, and saw the smile on his coffee lips. He trotted a bit away from her and plucked the flower that she had laid her eyes upon earlier. The mare widened her eyes and almost stared at him as he turned around with the flower in his mouth.
"A flower for the Lady."
Antiope blushed heavily and stared at the stag as he put the flower in her silver mane, right behind her ear so that the blue petals laid behind her left ear. "Oh, thank you..." She whispered, watching the stallion - still blushing very heavily. It probably showed on her dark skin, which made the mare even more embarrassed.

Luckily, he looked away at the skies and the mare could breathe easier again. It was something about the stallion that made her feel like she could trust him, but that she shouldn't let him know who she was yet. His gaze turned to the mare again and she heard his worries about the coming storm. She fired off a warm smile at him.
"Lead me to your home and I will follow, kind Apodis."
She watched him start to leave and moved her legs to follow, folding her wings tightly to her body as the cold air started to blow through the trees. This storm would not be fun if they continued to stay in the forest.

"I don't enjoy storms much, kind sir. How far is it to your abode?" The peg asked the stallion as softly as she could. He seemed like he liked her, or at least enjoyed her company. This was good, and it was perfect since he had already offered to become her body guard.
Starting a new life here was a possibility that she would not turn down.

ooc: End of thread?
tags: -
wordcount: 392

"Antiope speaks."