the Rift

[PRIVATE] Chameleon Boy [Tonka, Steal Thread]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
Through the cover of night and the shrill battle cries he had snuck forth, snatching his target from the grasp of the unwary. The Assassin leader, Tonka, had been a prisoner of the World's Edge for quite some time, or so he was told... But now, Apollo intended to change that. Change was not only coming to Helovia, but to the Grey as well. Once a band of mercenaries formed solely on contracts, they needed to change, or else their foundation would crumble and fall apart.

Apollo had lead his 'prisoner' from the dancing mists of the World's Edge, moving swiftly northward at a firm canter. Once far enough from the borders of the Edge, he had slowed to a trot, to simply allow both he and Tonka time to catch their breath. No words were spoken through their journey to the northern lands, for Apollo's head swam with many doubts - and fears. Would Tonka agree to his terms and conditions? Would he be willing to listen?

The unicorn hoped so. With at least stealing him away from his imprisonment in the Edge, Apollo hoped that Tonka would be willing to talk civilly.

The terrain began to shift and change, turning mountainous and cold as they ascended northwards. The Assassins had called the Arch their home, but if he were honest, this was the first time that the black and white stallion had ventured this far north. The Heavenly Fields had been as far as he had been willing to go.

The chilly night air nipped at his sweaty hide, breaths puffing from his nostrils in misty furls. It was only when the crunch of snow was felt beneath his hooves that the ebony Chief turned his head to regard his 'prisoner'. Honey-brown eyes were soulful, staring into Tonka's eyes, assessing, searching... But there was no judgement or hate in his gaze. No, nothing but simple understanding. The Assassins had felt too much hate from the Foothills, and no longer would it happen.

"Tonka... It has been some time since you and I have seen each other," Apollo began, turning bodily to face his fellow stallion, "Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if you do not remember me." The Merciful's head dipped downwards, jeweled horn pointed askew in an informal sort of bow. "I am Apollo; of the Foothills. When Ophelia had you held within our ranks seasons ago, we crossed paths, albeit briefly... But now, things have changed. I have taken Miss Ophelia's place as lead of the Windtossed Foothills, and I have stolen you away from the Edge for a reason."

Apollo sucked in a breath, his sides heaving from their mad-dash across Helovia's terrain. "I wish to discuss a treaty, between my family and yours."

[ooc: Tonka's stealth thread. After this thread, Tonka will be released. @[Tonka] ]

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky

Tonka

I had been taken away from the Edge. This black and white painted had taken me away from my prison. I don’t know what his plans for me were, but I was sure that anything was better than that misty hell. I remembered him faintly. He was a member of the Foothills. I knew that I might take me back to Foothills with him as another prisoner, but it was a chance I was willing to take. I just hoped that one of the Foothills members had taken my love and my foals. They had disappeared, as if the mist had wrapped them up and taken them to a different place. When I could not find them, it felt as if my heart had been torn from my chest and thrown onto the ground. I just prayed to the gods that they were safe.

To my surprise, this stallion had brought me back to my home. Back to the Frozen Arch. The feel of the snow under my hooves brought an unexplainable joy into my sole. I was home once again. It was my time to set my group straight. When Hestia had come to inform me that the spotted mare called Adrixaura was trying to take my position as leader, anger had erupted. But now that I was home, there was no anger but yet disappointment. When I departed from the painted steed, I would set thing straight. I would set everything straight.

The stallion that reunited me to my home spoke and gave a slight bow. I nodded my head back with respect to the new chief. “It is a pleasure to meet you again, Apollo. Congratulations with your rank up.” I spoke, my deep voice rolling out with a touch of kindness. My harks pointed forward as he spoke a second time. He mentioned a treaty that could be set up between our families. I gave a slight smile. A treaty was something me and my family needed. We could not have any more enemies. We needed allies.

“Please speak on. A treaty between our families sounds like a great idea.”

Walking "Talking" Thinking

Credits!

@[Apollo]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
Apollo's eyes remained locked on Tonka's features, watching as the bay stag gave a brief nod of respect to him. The action, small and rather miniscule caused the overo's lips to twitch upwards in a more honest of smiles. He could recall, rather vividly mind you, of the time that Tonka had been held within the Foothills as a prisoner. He had been an arrogant creature back then, foolhardy and angry at the world... And yet now, there was no child, but a man. Tonka had changed quite a bit since their last, albeit brief encounter, and Apollo was pleased to see this level-headed side of his fellow stallion.

'It is a pleasure to meet you again, Apollo. Congratulations on your rank up.' Apollo gave a snort of a laugh, simple, genuine. If situations had been reversed, if times had been different, perhaps he and Tonka could have been good friends. Perhaps it wasn't too late... Now, however, was not the time to ponder 'what-ifs' and 'could have beens'.

"Thank you, your words are kind," he murmured softly, head tipping upwards, eyes roaming past Tonka's bulk and roaming the snow-covered horizon. Apollo sucked in a deep breath, grateful that his heaving chest had calmed, then released the breath once more through his nostrils. "Before I speak of this treaty, there are some things that I need you to understand. Your family is safe. One of my own has stolen them away from the Edge, and you will find them here, once we part ways. No harm has come of them while they were in our care, I can assure you." Apollo's smile flitted across his face once more. Tonka was a father, he had heard... Idly the Merciful wondered just what that felt like, being a parent.

Giving another breath, this one rather world weary, Apollo continued.

"This treaty, this pact that I am offering you has terms and conditions. We ask that you leave our herd and land un-touched. If this is breached in any way, our pact will be broken... And we will be forced to take action." As he spoke, a considerable sadness filled the overo's honey-brown eyes. He loathed fighting, and hoped that there would be no more of it... But knew that his wish wouldn't come true. "I ask, as a brother in arms, that you don't make me do that. I'm so very weary of fighting, Tonka, but, as you know... We all do what we must to ensure our family's safety."

"However," Apollo continued, his head raising, eyes snapping to rapt attention. The intensity of his gaze was startling. "If you should need us for any reason, we will come. It is the point of a brotherhood, yes?" A chuckle, soft and warm like a summer breeze escaped the Chief's lips. "And if we need of you and your ilk... I ask that you raise your arms to our cause."

Apollo took one step closer to Tonka, nose outstretching in an attempt to touch the other stallion's muzzle. The Chief hoped he wouldn't pull away.

"What do you say, brother?"

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Tonka Posts: 87
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 18 hh :: 6 Buff: NOVICE
Sky

Tonka

"Thank you, your words are kind,” The black and white stallion said to me. I smiled and gave a little chuckle. He must have remembered me as a hot-headed brute. Well, that was what I used to be. Not anymore though. I would no longer set a bad name for myself and for my group. More importantly, I did not want my foals to see me angry at others for no apparent reason. I had to be the best I could for them. We do not need any more beasts in the world.

Suddenly, a rush of relief flooded my system, cooling every crack and corner of my body. He spoke of my family was safe. One of his kin had saved my love and children from harm’s hands. Thank the gods. They were safe. I safe was. Everything would return normal once I found them. We would continue with our lives as if we were never captive of that misty hell.

“Tell the one who has saved them that I say thank you for saving them.” I spoke; my deep voice was almost like a sigh of relief. A smile graced my maw as I glanced at Apollo’s honey orbs.

The brute spoke again, this time mentioning the treaty that was soon to take place. He wished for his herd to be untouched and safe by my group. I would, of course, not go to their land unless if I had to. I did not want to cause more harm between our herds. My group has had too many enemies. It was about time that we gained someone on our side. He asked for me not to cross the limits that this pact would hold. I would respect that wish, and I would make sure that the others would too. He said that if we needed help in anyway, that they would help. Also he asked that if they needed aid, we would help. My lips curved up into a smile, showing that I would respect and follow his wishes.

Something caught me off guard though. The Chief took a step closer to me and extended his neck, his nose touching mine. My breathing started to get heavier for a second and my head jolted a bit with surprise and my guard rose. But then, my breathing went normal again and my guard slowly was lowering. "What do you say, brother?"

“I respect your wishes and I will gladly accept this offering of peace, b-brother.”

Walking "Talking" Thinking

[[Soooo sorry for the wait! I just got my muse back :\]]

Credits!

@[Apollo]