the Rift

[PRIVATE] Brotherhood [Midas]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
Once upon a time, a fool-hardy stallion had wandered to these very fields in the midst of Orangemoon's night sky. Stars had decorated the sky, the scene, beautiful, yet there had been something terribly sad about the entire setting. Young, eager, and terribly impressionable, this stallion had been searching the world for meaning, for understanding, for a place to belong. Nightmares and self-doubts had plagued this fellow, tearing apart his thoughts and mind, his self confidence, his beliefs. In this valley, nestled in the thick embrace of the northern mountains, he had encountered the first to consider him a friend, a brother.

Midas.

Together, they had experienced a journey that one would find only in a foal's tale. This was just one of a few of the adventures that they had shared together.

Now, seasons later, grass crunching beneath hooves in the Heavenly Field, that impressionable boy returns. Except, this time, he is no child. No, he had grown far in both body and mind since that visit. Those same insecurities then do not wan the horned stallion, the thoughts of love and belonging. No... Now, Apollo knows his place, and now, it's time to see if he can earn the trust that had been bestowed upon him by the dark Constrictor.

Head raised high towards the heavens, the grass, now thick and lush with life, swayed at his hooves in the slightest of breeze. The stars twinkled deceptively above his head, crystalline horn glinting in the moonlight. Sparse shadows of clouds passed overhead, but Apollo's troubled, honey-brown orbs were lost to the beauty. In his head was a war, waged between uncertainty and loyalty. The welfare of the Grey came first; it always had, and it always would. Except... The Grey was changing. They had to, in order to survive this new world. It was a delimma that he had mulled over for days, and had finally found a solution.

Releasing a breath, Apollo's gaze finally dropped from the sky, head turning slightly as he surveyed his surroundings. There was no one around, but Apollo prayed that one would show. That maybe, just maybe, the winds could bring to him the one that he needed, the brother that he needed.

[ooc: @[Midas] ]

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
 MIDAS</style>
 I've got the eye of the tiger.</style>

Everyone found their place in time. Some early on, others later; eventually all would dance their spotlight song. If only for a moment. A single moment that might be chased away by hardship and despair. In those seconds of bliss, the world felt right—nothing was questioned. Lately it had become harder to find quiet moments, to rekindle my assertiveness. Magic returned and the Throat was growing stronger, recovering from battle. Kri hadn’t come home from the North. Hector was still missing. In a sense, it was myself and Onni that ran our fronts. Though more frequent questions arose from the center of our family, soon it wouldn’t be enough to tell them anything. Soon, they would cry for a replacement—and who would carry the weight of our torch?

Onni perhaps?

I flew across the land, daring to draw closer North than I had traveled in months. The Heavenly Fields soar beneath, fresh greens had started growing again. They thrived under his touch even without a sun. My gaze is searching, though not for the one they are about to meet. ‘Kri’, I thought. Have you succumbed to their pits? She wasn’t here of course, no breath of her fragrance or sound of her beating wings gave my senses a reason for hope. Something else was alive tonight on the steep platter of earth below. I saw him, my horned brother from the clan of my Mate. Ktulu.

‘Take a number,’ my overburdened mind hummed. Sit on the same crap pile as me and wait your turn. To many worries, not enough answers. I leaned forward and landed at a solid trot that upturned soil and sparse grass, “Hail friend and brother,” I said cheerlessly but kindly and happy enough to still be called a fair greeting. My muzzle extends to brush across his in an exchange of scents.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]