[JUDGED] Catfight [Phaedra *Hybridized Testing*]

Official Posts: 847
Administrator
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Official
By my verdict: PHAEDRA is the winner!

CIRCE
Realism [+3]
I love how you describe Circe's motions just like a horse does when they are angry or trying to get attention. The striking out effect makes me think exactly of what horses do when I watch them in the pasture.

Using Circe as a battering ram seems very apt for her personage and was also a good move on her part, especially considering their size difference.

I very much appreciated that Circe did not notice Stella until she was already attacking! Often times it's difficult to remember that your horse should see birds and bird shadows all the time and not be truly bothered by them! (Until they try and main you, of course). I love the use of the tail to keep Stella away; I have never read something like that before!

I love how you had Circe's magic turn against her with the effects of the site-wide plot! This was a perfect segue into taking 6 points (max) damage from Phaedra.

Emotion [+2]
"Suppose the enemy would be too dazzled by kaleidoscopic ass cheeks to properly engage in combat?" Oh my god yes.

Definitely got hit in the feels at the end, where Circe was struggling with the loss of her own child.

Prose [+3]
Your second attack post felt a little rushed. Some of the thoughts and actions never seemed to come full circle again, like with her using her magic. The comment felt like foreshadowing but then was not again mentioned.

I love Circe's furious dialogue. Your use of hyphens makes it punchy and the italics with the "!?" definitely makes me feel the intensity of the language.

"Almost unconsciously" --- perhaps you mean "almost subconsciously?" I think it's difficult to see a horse behave unconsciously unless you qualify the use of the word with perhaps an action that would indicate that she looks as if she is going to sleep.

"o—for what? nerve the Spy possessed," --> dropped a "The!"

Readability [+2]
Very nice and easy to read and follow.

Final Comments
I would definitely go back through posts and try and make them come full circle and explain anything you mention in the beginning! Your realism, however, is excellent, but I think you could hit the +5 easily if you used the environment more to your advantage and got creative!

Finally tally: +10 HP = 33HP

PHAEDRA
Realism [+2]
I would like to see more emphasis put on pegasus acquiring lift. If they are in a valley, the amount of wind would be less and therefore slightly more difficult to pick up off the ground.

The way Phaedra twinged her muscles from the critical miss is exactly what I think makes this so realistic. What you captured in that moment was one of the most down-to-earth, plausible responses I have read.

I also really like how you considered the flapping of her wings to regain balance. You really seem to meld flight into the actions of the horse here.

If Circe was aiming for Phaedra's chest, but Phaedra moved to meet her companion, wouldn't the attack have landed somewhere else? I think it would have been more realistic to indicate that the damage was taken to the shoulder, if she was now facing away.

I would have also liked to see how the pain of being pummeled carried through the battle and affected her ability to thrash her hooves at Circe. Thrashing usually can hurt even if you are in an uninjured state!

Emotion [+2]
I love how languidly Phaedra is taking this battle so far, and I particularly like the part about wanting a fight just to be taken seriously - I think we've all felt that way before at some point!

The way Phaedra squealed and started to cry instantly brought me back to her character - she is willing to pick a fight, but maybe not so interested in getting hurt!

The part with Stella hit me right in the feels.

Prose [+4]
I feel that how you write Phaedra is as calm and beautiful as her personality. From the transitions you use, I get the sense of her being a graceful and calm individual.

You do a fantastic job of blending dialogue in with her actions and making the words almost real in my head.

Readability [+2]
Very easy to read!

Final Comments
I like how you used the environment and the slippery grass as well as mentioning the darkness! However, be sure to carry through pain in your posts and take note of how they affect her actions. Also, I would try and get more of a feel for timing and movement and how this would affect where a hit would or would not land.

Finally tally: 10 HP + 24 = 34HP

Messages In This Thread
RE: Catfight [Phaedra *Hybridized Testing*] - by Official - 09-22-2013, 01:01 PM