the Rift

[OPEN] You Go, Glen Coco [Res]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
Her blue eyes followed the fallen angel dressed in pink, keeping track of the dagger stick she had so expertly stored in her knotted up mass of a tail. Kahlua did not distrust the mare, she was just cautious of her jumpy nature. Kahlua could understand. She was rather unsettled as well. Though Resplendence had gone into her fight with purpose, they both had done battle they were not fit to do. It was pure happenstance they had met, though Kahlua was pleased with the coincidence. As the roller coaster ride of her emotions had begun to calm, the pain from the large laceration on her thigh was increasing steadily. The throbbing had been there all along, of course, she had simply not had the brain capacity to acknowledge it while she was so busy rising and falling.

“What are we looking for, exactly?” She said finally, wincing as she stepped too heavily on her left hind limb. Blood from the wound, though coagulated, stained her limb down to the pastern. Though she had attended Smoke's lesson for the members of the herd, she was not certain she could remember anything the healer had said to her now. To be honest, she hadn't tried that hard to memorize the plants. She was certain she would never have to use them herself. After her fight with Ricochet, she had no intention of ever doing battle again. Fate would not have it that way, of course. The lizard from hell and the unicorn had both come into her life without warning and left her little choice but to fight.

“And you are brave to have fought her, you know? Some of us would have run from such an impossible situation.” Kahlua let her compliment settle into the air and then she smiled kindly. She meant the words, of course, but she had also said them with some purpose. After all, if she was to be spending time with this mare it would be best to have her in a good mood. Nothing like a sour mare to get confused between Horsetail and Hemlock. Not that Kahlua knew which of those was good or bad, just that one would keep her living and one would have her rather cold on the ground. And really, Kahlua had too much living to do for the latter. She hadn't even achieved fame yet. Yes, helping the fallen angel rise was of the utmost importance right now.

@[Resplendence]

<style type="text/css">.post { opacity: 0; -ms-transition: opacity .6s linear; -moz-transition: opacity .6s linear; -o-transition: opacity .6s linear; -webkit-transition: opacity .6s linear; }.kahlua:hover .post{ opacity: 1; } .post::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb {background-color: #7d743b;} .post::-webkit-scrollbar {width: 8px; background-color: #525e4a;}</style>

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
Res pushed her way through the the misty lands, careful of how she placed her weight on her left fore leg while she inched forward. The painted mare was right behind her. Where was she going? She didn't know. But, she was moving toward where there was more brush. Perhaps she would be able to find herbs necessary to relieve some of this pain. Smoke had told her a few of them. And she could remember Skullcap and St. John's Wort. She would need to get the wort and crush it to get oil.

That was when her train of thought was broken by Kahlua. What were they looking for? "Skullcap. and St. John's Wort." Res explained, shifting a little so that as she stopped she didn't place her weight on that left fore, Zarina scuttling out from her pillow in Res's mane. "We'll need to crush St. John's Wort and rub it on the wounds, but we can just eat a few sections of skullcap - it should work pretty fast..." she explained.

And then, pausing, she realized that she would probably have to also explain what these herbs look like. "Skullcap grows to about 60 or 80 cm, or 23 to 32 inches. The flowers are really tiny and are a purplish blue colour. And all of them grow off the side of the plant instead of the top. St. John's Wort. They are about 40 inches tall. The leaves are about half an inch long with a yellow-green colour. You know what. I'll just show you one." she said before shoving her maw around. When she finally stumbled across a few of them she yanked the skullcap from the ground, purple-blue flowers facing Kahlua as she turns around just enough to rest it on her own hindquarters, which Zarina ran across to before snatching them and holding it out on display, before saying "This one's skullcap..." She pulled a couple more before collecting all of them in her mouth and putting them in a batch on her haunches. "Eat those." She directed, Zarina grasping onto the batch and then scurrying over to Kahlua, climbing up the mare's form by going up her tail and then running across Kahlua's back and offering the herbs from her shoulder. Res smirked a little at Quil's companion before pulling her own batch and chewing on them in an attempt to relieve some of the pain. Once the Zarina had given Kahlua the batch she ran straight back to Res's banner and clambered up until she was positioned at her withers again, chirping happily.

Brave. Brave for fighting the winged mare. oh, how wrong could she be. "Ma'am. I fought that mare because I fully expected to die. I have no reason to live when my existence causes others to die to save my life..." she whispered, her voice breaking a little. "I have lost to many - I figured it was my time. Unfortunately, that didn't seem to happen..." She shook her head before shoving her way forward. "We will need to find a lot more St. John's Wort than skullcap - but we could still use quite a few more. That should have barely taken away anything..." She instructed before looking back at the mare. "You keep looking for skullcap? I'll look for the St. John's Wort..." she inquired, beginning to search around just a little bit more to find those herbs that liked to hide so often when they were actually necessary.

500-some words
LOL. Herbs are hard to describe.
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Skullcap and St. John's Wort. Kahlua halted and eyed the fallen angel suspiciously before remembering that this was her herd sister. She just found it difficult to believe plants named as such could really be useful to her. They sounded more like poisons than remedies. Still, as the mare went on to explain their uses and descriptions, Kahlua couldn't help but be drawn into her knowledge. For her own part, Kahlua was hopelessly lost as the mare finished her descriptions. With all the information being disseminated so rapidly and the throbbing of her thigh a constant distraction, Kahlua couldn't keep straight the centimeters and inches or the blues, purples, greens and yellows. Left to her own devices, she certainly would have picked the wrong plant. Therefore, she was more than grateful when the fallen angel rooted one up to show her.

Eat those, Resplendence demanded after some more gardening, and though she was cautious Kahlua was acutely aware that she needed something to dull the rhythmic pain that was limiting her movement. Zarina's quick movements caught Kahlua by guard, however, and as the marmoset scampered across her back Kahlua scuttled to the side and whinnied sharply as she again stepped on her leg the wrong way. The pain relief of the plant could not come soon enough. Taking a moment to breath, Kahlua turned to face the small thing and took the plants from her gingerly, prepared now as the monkey again went racing across her back. “Thank you,” she said after finishing her chewing. Resplendence had said it would take minutes, those minutes would certainly seem like hours.

I have no reason to live, she said, among other things, and Kahlua's heart sank for the pitiful display. There were very few whom she connected with so intimately, but the weight of the world on the fallen angel's words struck a chord with Kahlua. She knew that weight, in her own way, as perhaps so many did. For now she remained silent, letting Resplendence carry on speaking and giving out directions. Kahlua nodded as she was given a job and moved to where Resplendence had so easily found the Skullcap. Left to her own devices, she nosed around uselessly in the brush for several minutes before finally coming across a patch and pulling at them eagerly, laying them in a pile at her side as they came loose.

“We, your family, are glad it was not your time,” she said finally, looking up to see where the fallen angel had gotten to, the contented chirping of the marmoset an easy clue. Personalities, a study for only the brightest scholars, were a marvel of the world that Kahlua would never understand. She had lost mother, father and brother to the fire but had gone on so quickly without them while Resplendence had lost so many but their deaths hung so heavy over her. “What makes you happy?” Her words were spoke aloud but were meant for herself as much as for the fallen angel- a necessary distraction from the suffocating curtain of depression and fear that clouded their meeting.

<style type="text/css">.post { opacity: 0; -ms-transition: opacity .6s linear; -moz-transition: opacity .6s linear; -o-transition: opacity .6s linear; -webkit-transition: opacity .6s linear; }.kahlua:hover .post{ opacity: 1; } .post::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb {background-color: #7d743b;} .post::-webkit-scrollbar {width: 8px; background-color: #525e4a;}</style>

Resplendence
Kahlua seemed horribly confused with the description of the plants. So, when Res pulled up one skullcap to show her she could tell that the mare was ever so grateful. Zarina's chirping and scurrying seemed to have taken Kahlua by surprise though, and so as she felt the mamorset clamber along her back she jumped to the side, letting out a sharp whinny as she pained her leg. "Shhhh. Stand still. It's okay." Res instructed, watching as the panicked marmoset almost dropped the batch while it attempted to cling onto the black mane.

The mare took the herbs gingerly and as soon as they were placed in her mouth Zarina came running back down and onto Res again, chattering angrily at the sudden movement that had almost unseated her from her perch. A thank you reached the air and Res simply gave her a light smile. "Of course. It'll help until we can go see Smoke and make sure these aren't deep muscle injuries, which it seems mine is turning into..." She said, concern furrowing her brows. But, again, the marmoset was braiding her mane and chirping to get her attention and make her forget too many of her worries. It was nice, and it made her feel safe, knowing that a part of Quil was with her. She still hadn't noticed the gold charm that was still in her hands but that was because she was intent upon finding something to dull her pain before they had to continue too far forward.

The herbs dulled the pain, but only in small amounts. The oil was going to be necessary. So, as she left the mare to her own devices to find more skullcap to help with it she began to edge a little bit deeper into the lands, away from the wetter, more marsh-like section of the Edge and more toward the forested land. The painted one made a comment, that the family was glad it was not her time. "Thank you..." she said before shaking the thoughts off and concentrating on the more prominent matters at hand. It seemed that St. John's Wort was much more difficult to come by here than she had expected. But, when she found one a bit of excitement flooded her appearance. Before she could say anything, though, she heard Kahlua speak up again. Asking what made her happy.

Zarina chirped, tugging on a few strands of mane to tighten the braid she had been working on and Res couldn't help but to shrug a little. "Honestly... I don't know anymore..." she whispered before heading back toward the painted one after giving Zarina the herb to hold so that she could speak while she explained what it was. "This is St. John's Wort. So, if you manage to find any of them that would be helpful. We'll need a lot so that we can get the oils. Zarina will need to rub it on our wounds, but it should numb some of the pain on the spot that is right near the gash..." She explained, eyeing Zarina as she noticed the actual braid that was being made from her hair. A basket? Zarina was braiding a small basket to place the herbs in. Well, she supposed it wasn't like she didn't have enough hair to actually accomplish this. So, when the herb was deposited in the basket at her shoulder she couldn't help but to laugh a little. "You're too cute, Zarina. Must make Quil proud," she said, gently brushing her muzzle against the marmoset's soft belly before continuing to look for more batches of those herbs to pull up and give to Zarina to deposit in the make-shift basket of hair. "But, what makes you happy, Kahlua?" she said, turning the question back on the mare who had asked it originally.

655 words
I love Rayo for letting me use Quil's companion for this thread. Makes everything so much cuter and easier on poor Res
@[Kahlua]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love

The angry chattering of the small thing, though it made Kahlua feel bad, did make her smile. It was funny to her to think of something so small having an anger so large. Mention of Smoke distracted her from laughing out loud though, and she nodded to Resplendence as she finished her words. Kahlua would be glad to meet Smoke again, for their several meetings had always been shaded with kindness and that warm feeling of family. Yes, the healer was one she would trust with her life. Had Kahlua known of the healer's ferocious side, of the epic and successful war she waged against Illynx, she would only have been impressed further.

As she worked, she noticed that the herbs that the fallen angel had picked for her were beginning to do their job. The pain was still present, ruefully so, but it was somehow lighter- an easier burden to bear. In the distance she heard a few faint screams, likely the calls of the last few warriors who still waged war with their enemies. They must run out of energy soon, she thought and shuddered softly. Perhaps this war would be the Edge's victory. She could only hope. She had finally found a home and friends she knew she could lay her trust with. I don't know anymore, the fallen angel's morose words were nothing more than a tickle in her ear and Kahlua could not make them out. She shrugged. Her attempts to liven the mare were woefully inadequate; Kahlua had never been good at much, though. Certainly counselor was not a job she would pursue of her own accord. As the mare begin her dissertation about the second plant, Kahlua looked over it thoroughly. The mention that it would further numb the pain gave the useless mare new drive to find the plants, though. If she had been unsure that the plants would work at first, the reduced throbbing in her thigh made her a believer.

Noticing that the fallen angel's miles of mane were now a basket on her back made Kahlua smile, then Resplendence's mild laughter hit the air. It seemed Kahlua had not laughed all day with all the fear and evil that had been clouding her life. It did not take her long, her bright laughter filled the air and she tossed her nose to the monkey. A hint of her normal, dancing tone came back into her words. “Forgive me for unsettling you earlier, my friend.” As Resplendence asked her next question, Kahlua took the pile of Skullcap she had made and split it in half. It was not enough, perhaps, but it would help some more. Offering one half to the monkey, to give to Resplendence, she chewed on her own half while she thought.

“Peace makes me happy. Meeting others. Crafting...” She trailed off as she purposefully left out that rising in the ranks would make her happiest of all. Really, though, her life here was good. Not much of one to keep secrets, though, she continued on as she resumed her search for the herbs. “Family that I know I can count on and...” this time her words cut short as she almost couldn't believe what she was going to say. “Family that I want to count on me.” Was something about this place changing her? Just months back she would never have dared to say she wanted someone to count her. She always wanted to live life for herself and on her own terms; and yet, the words she spoke were the truth. Perhaps it's the plants, she thought with a shake of her head as she kept rooting through the underbrush.

@[Resplendence]

Resplendence
A nod was given about going to see Smoke after they had finished eating all of the herbs which were necessary to dull some pain. After all, if they were in pain they could do nothing. And, if Res was in pain she would not be able to help anyone with minor injuries that might come across their path.

For some reason the pain was dulling, but so were her nervous tendencies. It was like a wave of calm had come across her even though all the memories in her head were ones that would have usually had her perfectly on edge. And, with the young marmoset curled up in her mane it only allowed her to attempt to calm down more. Quil was back. Quil was with her, in a sense, so she would be safe.

Res explained the new plant, and showed it to her before beginning to let out a small laugh at the marmoset. Not happy, not sad, just slightly amused. The mare apologized for unsettling the marmoset who simply chirped and nodded her head vigorously with a smile dancing in it's eyes. It was apparently completely fine - after all the marmoset was used to riding out random bolting experiences if she wished to stay curled up in Res's long tendrils of hair. And then, half of the pile of skullcap was given to the marmoset and shoved in Res's face. The pain had been dulled, but she could still feel it. Either way, she didn't want to take away the pain relief from Kahlua. Res was less important - the other members of the herd needed the medical attention and the herbs much more than she did.

With a tiny sigh Res allowed herself to take the pile of Skullcap after it was continued to be shoved in her face, the marmoset attempting to put it inside of her jaw where her teeth were not present in order to get her to eat some of it. And, Zarina would not rest until Res had eaten it. The tiny thing was definitely part of Quil, that much was apparent. Peace. Meeting others. crafting. Family. Those being able to count on her.

Res allowed the mare's words to float around in the air a little longer as she continued to pull up more of the herb they needed to crush into an oil and allowed the little marmoset to place it in her basket of hair. "Crafting... I'm sure you can make some gorgeous thing..." she said, looking over toward the painted mare before snagging up a few more herbs. "'And, I'm positive we can count on you..." Res said, her eyes lingering on the other mare's wound that had blood caked around her lower leg. They could definitely count on her...

Once she felt like they had enough of the wort she voiced Kahlua's name again, "I think we have enough. Just need to start crushing it up," Res explained. The marmoset was already grabbing at the herbs and beginning to crush it up along her withers and smearing the oil on it's hands, rubbing it in gently around the edges of Res's wound by clinging onto her hair. And, once the oil was completely rubbed in she went back to crush more herbs, scampering up Kahlua's leg and doing the same as she had done with Res's shoulder. And, then she would return to Res's withers, crush more, and switch between the mares until all the herbs were gone. "Ready to go and see Smoke?" Res asked, wincing a little as she shifted her weight onto her left leg, causing the injured muscle to bear her weight.

Healing seemed like a very good idea at this point in time. That way, she could make sure others got the help they needed...

645 words
onto smoke thread now for healing <33 You can post one more time
and i'll start it after I do some more homework
@[Kahlua]
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
With love

Laughing to herself as the marmoset tried its hardest to give the fallen angel her necessary herbs, Kahlua wondered for a moment if she had picked the wrong ones. Resplendence's hesitation in eating them made her think she had picked something poisonous, or perhaps something neutral that was simply the wrong plant. Her fears were allayed, however, when the fallen angel finally took them into her mouth and chewed. Kahlua was pleased with herself. She had tried, and for once she had succeeded. All was not lost this day.

I'm sure you can make some gorgeous thing... Kahlua smiled, the compliment radiating through her soul. Of course, to be honest, she had done very little. Lace had been suspiciously absent and having just met Aaron moments ago, on rather unpleasant terms, Kahlua was decidedly behind on her crafting responsibilities. She was trying, though, and that was what was important. Of course, not all of her trying was going as well. She still knew almost nothing about the mare she was with, the one she would like to call friend. Perhaps it would come in time, though. Not everyone was as trusting as poor, stupid Kahlua.

Hearing her name break the silence that had once again settled over the pair, Kahlua lifted her head to hear the rest of the fallen angel's words. Making her way back towards the mare, Kahlua watched as the small monkey immediately went to work. She found it strange, though endearing, that the small thing seemed to know exactly what it needed to do without any guidance from Resplendence. Kahlua had thought she had seen it with Quilyan at first, though now she was confused as to whether the thing belonged to Res or the stallion.

As the monkey danced up her leg, Kahlua tried to be calm this time. She preemptively winced as the monkey went to touch her wound; however, she found that any pain on contact was strongly reduced. If nothing else, the fallen angel was a miracle worker in Kahlua's eyes. “I think I may owe you my leg,” she chuckled as she spoke. As the monkey continued her work, Kahlua stood patiently. “And thank you again, little one,” she added later, not content to let the silence stand between them. At the mention of Smoke, Kahlua nodded. She would be happy to see the Wild Rose again, their previous meetings having been rather friendly. “Lead the way,” finally her dancing voice and smile were back together again. With the pain nearly gone and feeling strangely at ease about the whole situation, she began to walk.

@[Resplendence]