the Rift

Avoid The Filmy Eyes[OPEN]

Vulture Posts: 44
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15'2 :: 5 Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable
My senses are alive as I witness the forest around me. Off in the distance I can hear animals scurrying about and birds chirping. Everything around me is completely foreign, and that awakens every ounce of caution within me. Who knows what being could be lurking within these forests, and what desires they may have. A snort escapes from my nostrils and I swivel my ears back and stop myself from the slow walk I had been moving at previously. I turn my head this way and that. I begin to ponder what the inhabitants of this land are like. Would there be others with the eyes? Eyes that he just knew could see into the very soul of others. Only I knew what wickedness was harbored inside these monsters hearts, I had witnessed it. Images of the eyes, oh god, those eyes flash through my mind. A flash of rage shoots through my body and I feel myself growing tense. The present moment was not an appropriate time for explosive behavior, I needed to push through the images and move on.

I begin to walk once more, I hope that the movement will distract my mind from my thoughts. Memories complicated things at times. But I can never allow myself to suppress them. Without my memories I will forget the truth about those with the filmy eyes.

A twig snaps and I jump and whip my head around. I look down at my hoof and notice that my right front had stepped on a twig. My ears swivels back and I snort loudly. I don’t dwell on my foolishness for long, and quickly begin to move through the forest. What my destination is, I am completely unsure. There are endless amounts of possibilities of what may lay at the end of this forest. This land would of course be full of sinners, just like every other land within existence. A pang of hunger strikes my stomach so I stop. There is a patch of grass not too far from me, so I move toward it and begin to pull up the strands of grass. Once I feel that I have eaten my fill, I move on. This land holds a promising atmosphere for the very least sustenance. I must also admit, there is a certain beauty to the forest. The sound of birds is a refreshing sound to my ears. I forget about the potential threats that may be lurking in the forest, and tune into their songs.

Loudly I begin to hum a harmony to a particular’s bird tune. My eyes move slowly over the branches of the tree, seeking out what potentially is the bird I favor. When nothing comes into sight I forget about the creature. My eyes drifted back out to the forest, and I silently wondered what monsters may be creeping out from this land to greet me. I swivel my ears back and glance around, forgetting about the song that had previously entranced me.

Lena the Songbird Posts: 663
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 4 | def: 10.5 | dam: 6.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 69 | Buff: NOVICE
Imogen :: Common Kitsune :: Fire Heather
The nymph moved to forget, a wandering, wayfaring Gypsy again, pushing and dancing her way through Birdsong’s vestiges, forgoing all the horrible memories pressing against her mind. Muscles and sinew, flesh, still burned, still ached, and she tried to neglect and overlook them too, but they didn’t allow her the swiveling grace, the sinuous elegance she’d concocted before the battles, before the sieges, before the stolen babes and mother were snagged from their home. Stiff, rigid, unyielding, her mind paid close attention to the darkening traces of forest racing over her lithe contortions, struggled to hold back all the frustration, all the vexations that continued clinging to her. The Threshold would be a worthy distraction, nestled in the heart of newcomers, strangers, unaware of the brimming, brewing chaos they’d avoided, sanctioned, liberated, given and offered salvation as they dabbled in ignorance. Imogen had been left behind in the Basin to heal, and even now Lena felt a huge lapse in her membrane, a connection loosened by the great expanse of earth, wind, and sky. She carried all of these persistent, unrelenting harassments along her body, across her figure, until she dared to release a breath as she stepped into the gates, attempted to transform her mending body to a waltzing reverie again, poise and refinement when all she felt was the burden of lost souls crossing over her shoulders.

The songbird searched, forced her sentiments to glide elsewhere, and she heard a tune prick against her ears. She swiveled them again, tried to capture the unknown hymn, for it was not made by fliers, but certainly a decent warble and croon straining to match the familiar arias of finches, jays. Lena thought of her songs, meant to heal, meant to assuage, offer comfort, guidance, altruism, and even in the daunting dusk, she’d managed to procure its soothing qualities. Within her, a strain, a melody, a ditty, floated and impended, coasting and ghosting in an intertwining haze, bubbling along her throat as she attempted to replicate it in a ethereal, enigmatic hum. She followed the winding road of music and sound, and only stepped from the shadows, into the brilliant moonlight, when she’d finally found the creature she’d sought. Had she not heard him, he would have been a difficult figure to spot, black, blended into the darkness, ebony and Stygian threads of woven contemplation. Her gentle, warm eyes flickered once to his scar, noted the way of all these travailing, crusading beings seemed to be segmented with brutal stories, but didn’t ask about it, didn’t question, didn’t query. Instead, she swiveled her gaze strictly to his stare, lent a blooming smile across her lips, a dulcet tone smoothly transposed from her vocals. “Hello. I’m Lena, of the Aurora Basin.” She offered the short nod of her regal cranium, respectful, intriguing, before raising it back to her former position, tilting the crown in an aura of curiosity. The soft chirps followed thereafter, staunch, stalwart, valorous, asking for naught more than a herald, a calling. “Who are you?”

her passions are made of nothing but the finest part of pure love
LENA
Credit URL

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
The poison is gone. Emotions are not staying with me. Well. As often as they had been in the beginning. I was so grateful now. I didn't have to deal with them clouding my judgement. Oh. My dears. I could finally be der Sensenmann again! It was an amazing feeling. And, it seemed that the poison had also granted me with another ability. One that allowed me to tug on the souls of those who were around me. It was perfect. Definitely perfect.

But, of course, I was back in the Threshold. I knew crazy when I saw it. So, I was definitely out to search for those who would be able to join my group. I studied. I watched. I stalked. I did all of those before I even got close to a prospect. How many had I pushed aside in my choices today, you ask? At least a dozen. They were not worthy - and they did not seem like they wished to actually help us if they were not crazy. No, perhaps they were blood thirsty, but they were not crazy.

This one, though, seemed to be paranoid. It showed in his movements. Everything was as if there was something watching. Which is the truth... Innerste chided and I had to hold back a laugh. Because, really, that was completely and totally the truth. I was watching.

I let the other horned mare appear first. She said who she was, where she was from, and asked who exactly he was. Lena. Basin. I stored it away in my memory before I allowed my darkened frame to pull from the shadows of the trees and into the few rays of the moonlight. "How lovely! I've found company!" I chirped, the darkness ever evident in my voice as the comment almost seemed taunting. "Seele. Might I say what a pleasure it is to meet both of your acquaintances. Perhaps now those monsters that lurk in the darkness won't find their way to us..." I spoke - not offering too much about me yet. No. Why would I do that? It seemed completely and totally beyond my brain. It was time to see just how paranoid he was before I continued on with this little run toward gaining a new member...

403 words
der Sensenmann = the Grim Reaper
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Deceased
Adoptable

Vulture
Heard all the things in heaven and earth
I've seen many things in hell
But his vulture's eye of a cold pale blue
Is the eye of the devil himself

I hear the voice of another, and my head whips in it’s direction. It does not take me long to realize that the mare had introduced herself. Aurora Basin? That means absolutely nothing to me; I assume it is some form band. I make no notion of returning her greeting; nodding or bowing is a sign of weakness. Weakness is not something I will show to a potential threat. The mare’s question resonates with me. Who are you? Should I tell this mere stranger? Shortly after the first mare appears, another emerges from the shadows. Yet another mare, that calls herself Seele. Her words hold an evident darkness that sends my internal alarms off. Something about these two appearing together within a span of time just doesn’t seem right to me. I study both mares’ eyes, neither seeming to have the devil’s eye.

I flick my short tail and swivel my ears back against my skull. Seele’s words make me want to laugh. The monsters now come? It appears as though they may be directly in front of me. I settle my gaze upon Lena first. I narrow my eyes slightly and give her a stony glare. Suspicion is evident in every aspect of my physical being. I decide after my long silence it may be wise to satisfy at least one question.

“I am Vulture,” my voice is cold, but doesn’t contain the suspicion that I feel within the moment. My gaze remains glued to Lena for a very long moment, but then turns to Seele. “You are a fool if you think the monsters will stay away. Monsters aren’t stopped by a group of unicorns.” I hiss turning my head in my direction. For a very long moment I watch her, she appears to be more of a threat than the other mare. I most definitely can be wrong though, Lena may surprise me.

I can hear the song of my favored bird, and for a moment, I begin to hum the harmony I had been previously. My tune is cut off though when I feel my mind pulling me back to the reality of my situation. All it takes is one moment for them to strike, and I would be defenseless because I want to him a tune. I regain control of myself and begin to speak again.

“You would not approach unless you both have some kind of motivation.” My eyes narrow and I shift my gaze frequently between each mare. “I can guarantee you have something you want to gain.” My eyes drift out into the forest around me, in case there are any friends waiting out there. When no figure appears I turn my gaze turns back to them. “Just tell me what you both want; playing games with me doesn’t work.”

My mind begins working things out. What if these two mares are agents of the Sin, but haven’t given up their sight? I have yet to learn entirely how the Sin works, and how it uses others. I know it knows of my existence by now, after all I have slaughtered many of it’s sinners.

"blah blah blah."

Her yearning for absolution wasn’t to be dealt in this haven, for the flickering chime of another polished the waxy chronicles of the Threshold, woven and waving unusual sentiments of monsters, heathens, and infidels borne and resolute. Lena wondered, pondered over the moment, thought perhaps this dark hued mare, with her eerie mask and manic stare referenced the behemoths once towering and conspiring to undue their precious kingdoms, or if, by some twisted anomaly, there was something else more sinister lurking beneath the Stygian clouds. The discourse of demons and barbarians only reminded her of her former, cluttered thoughts, if she’d been twisted, distorted, and coiled enough to reign in sinister allurements – she passed back over it readily, sought to control the effects of the invasion with her blooming smile, her staunch grin. The delirium didn’t pass, falter or fail from one examination to another, didn’t float away into the springtime air, and as she perused both creatures (nodding towards the newcomer, Seele), there was a stark realization that she could be treading on dangerous grounds again, dancing in the thickened smoke of heretics, dining with the devils. But instead of being compelled, driven, taken and beguiled into the roughened corridors of tainted whims, of taunting ambiguities, the nymph remained composed, light, airy, ethereal, graceful and poised in the dragged whims of intriguing hysterias. If the stranger’s eyes narrow with suspicion towards her, for his glare is stony, hostile, flinty, he has nothing to be triggered by, her muscles refined, relaxed, dreamy and free in repose, naught to drag her into the doldrums of the chilling void. Lena, indulgent in serenity, generous in tranquility, compassionate in her bearing of beneficence, didn’t frown, didn’t become dismayed, and didn’t echo into a fit of despair – merely remained, listening, smiling, bestowing soothing guidance and kindness where the mustered world seemingly forgot its existence.

He offered his name, Vulture, and she thought for a moment to consider the calling, one of scavengers, raptors, predators fixated on carcasses, how he’d come to claim such a heralding. Was he like so many within her herd, eager to gnaw on flesh and bone, ready to contort and corrupt? His comments wavered along the breeze, and she captured them, held them aloft to answer as simplistically as she can. She had no other motivations but the ever-present song of preservation, to ensure her herd remained strong, growing, persevering in the dampening spirits of constant dusk and no dawn. If he wished for something else, a yearning for hot knives, scalding scythes, bloodthirsty glory, he wouldn’t find it from her words, her phrases, her appeals. She is not one for games of derangement, distress or madness, she could alter whimsies and fancies, caprices and play, but never the harboring, harpooning, writhing wrath of enemies sanctioned. So her words trickled from a gracious hymn, simple, forthright, mellifluous and crooning. “I’m here to offer you a home.”

LENA
Credit URL

Abba
He stops. He pauses. He pins his ears. And he offers his name, Vulture. I store it away in my memory and cock my back right leg, leaning to the left and away from the Basin mare which he is staring at. Have fun, mein puppe. Danger lurks in every corner Schwere reminded me and I had to hold back the laugh that was filtering its way through my lungs. After all, I already knew that statement much too well.

He turned to me, calling me a fool. His words sound like a hiss of air, and he has obviously chosen me as the greater thread - which I believe to be quite true. After all, soul pulling is my specialty. But, he doesn't need to know that. "That would be very true, when the daemons lurk in one's head." I retort, a laugh escaping my maw as he seems to retreat from the situation and into a hummed song. Of course, that moment did not manage to last very long.

Approach without a motive. So true. So true. Gaining something - like a new member. He wants to know what both of us mares wish. I will tell, but not before the Basin mare offers her motive first. She has come to give him a home. I have come to do more than give a home. "I am here, recke, to help those who are deeply troubled by the hauntings of Hell and provide them a safe haven. Of course, as you said, it is not without another motive. In order to ensure that those who are haunted by Hell and the daemons of hell that poke and prod in their brains, we would need you to help out in whatever method you can offer - whether it be fighting, healing, perhaps even just gaining information. Do the daemons haunt you? It seems as if they are attempting to cling to you at this very moment..." I said, soprano chords flickering out into the air with the harsh consonants clearly enunciating each word that I allowed to flow from my maw.

Time to see if the spirits had aided me in the correct word-choice or not. If he wished to not be associated with Hell then perhaps it was for the best anyways. We weren't necessarily the most... clean group to ever walk the earth - but we were definitely beginning to become a family...

416 words
omg i'm so sorry it sucks ._.
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Deceased
Adoptable

Vulture

I listen to Lena as she speaks. My ears swivel back against my skull and I give out a loud, cold laugh. “Home is a complete and utter lie.” My voice holds hostility and suspicion. Neither of these mares has given me any reason whatsoever to trust them, in fact, they have given me all the more reason to not trust them.

My head turns to the one known as Seele. My eyes are narrowed as I listen to her words. I have no desire to admit, but her words stir me up internally. Perhaps this mare knows a similar suffering as myself. Maybe she endures a burden that no one can understand, and makes it seem as though you’re ‘insane’ or ‘delusional’.

My ears swivel forward a bit, and cock my head slightly to the right. I don’t trust her, not even remotely so, but for the time I can safely assume she isn’t associated with the Sin.
“You have no ideas of the demons I have seen or the monsters I have slain,” I say, the hostility fading a bit from my tone. “The eyes, covered in a white film, the sinners that sell theirs soul.” This is why I hate speaking, when the words begin to come out, the flood gates open. I can truly appreciate her honesty with me though, she admits that they ask something of me in return. Which of course should be expected if one is being adopted into a ‘safe haven’. One cannot be a dead weight.

“I will consider this offer of a… ‘safe haven’,” I begin, “There is one type of creature I cannot tolerate the existence of.” I pause for a very long moment, unsure of whether or not it would be wise for me to reveal my personal quest. Then again, I did speak of it before, so it I decide for the time being it wouldn’t give the mare anymore power than she already has over me. “If there are others in your numbers that have… Filmy eyes, or cataracts other call them, I refuse because you would be harboring an agent of the Sin.” I dare to take a step toward Seele as my ears begin to swivel back, the aggression is beginning to return to my physical features and voice. “I can offer my services in fighting, I’m a very capable fighter and killer. I just do not consider any place with those… monsters safe. I also request that if I agree to this ‘safe haven’, you won’t interfere with my… Personal quest of destroying those damned creatures that plague this world.”

"blah blah blah."

Vulture’s voice ricocheted over her mind, ignited and incited some deep recourse, her lingering penchant for hope, for benediction, for compassion and tenderness. Despite her warm sentiments, her persevering niceties, he denied them all, spat woven barbs that held no true meaning to her – she knew the truth of her convictions. Home, a lie? She knew the weight of a deception, of secrets and enigmas, of mysteries and quandaries, and though her empire held many, none of them had ever come to bitterly fall upon her, crush her spirit, her essence, and force her into bedlam’s fingers. Her kingdom had given her so many things, sanctuary from the demonic sway of her past, sanctum, absolution, in the petulant storm and arsenal of hostile bombardments, fire, aspiration and ambition across the daunting peaks, companions, brethren and loyalty breathing into the fine beat of her petal soft footsteps. Was this not what others searched for, after many days of heady travel, wandering amongst the sodden soil, the hidden roots, the tapestries and canvases of riddles, abysses, and labyrinths? Had he been wounded in some other foil, unraveled and disregarded to no longer believe in such shelters? Yet, if he didn’t search for these things, if they were not what he fashioned, what he yearned for, she couldn’t bestow anything else for him – the Basin did not hymn the capricious minds, hearts and souls, and though she could try to convince him otherwise, his mind appeared set and solidified upon the other femme’s offering. Disappointed in her fruitless venture, Lena still rendered her figure regal, composed, refined, smiling softly in the candle of nocturnal damnation. “Though I disagree with your statement, I wish you the best of luck in your ventures, Vulture.” The nymph lowered her head in respect to both, before turning into the midnight reverie, absolved and stolen by its Stygian grasp to return to the earthy filaments of the glacial auroras.

[Just wrapping this up! Sorry about the wait!]

LENA
Credit URL

Abba
I shift my weight a little as he addresses the mare who has offered him a home. The home that he says is a complete and utter lie. She doesn't seem to take that too well - the souls say so as they chirp around her frame laughing at her. But, she hides it well so I must give her some props for that. And, after a few more words, the mare turns on her haunches and leaves the scene - wishing him the best on his ventures.

The stag turns his gaze toward me, his eyes narrowing as he listens to my voice. Ears swivel forward and he tilts his head ever so slightly to the right side. No idea of the daemons he has seen or monsters he has slain. Eyes in white film? Sinners who sold their soul? I nod my head ever so delicately before allowing my voice to trickle out again. "You are correct, Recke. I do not know the depths to which you have gone in order to rid your world of the daemons who dare to haunt you." I offered, yellow orbs locking on his gaze as she finishes her offer, admitting that one would need to earn their keep in this group.

He will consider the offer. But there is one creature he will not tolerate even daring to breathe. He pauses, as if deciding whether or not the scavenger wants to divulge his secrets to me or not. And then, he finally allows his maw to open. Any members with filmy eyes - cataracts - he will refuse. For, apparently they are the agents of the sin. "I have yet to see any with filmy eyes dare to step close to the lands which we reside in. They would be easy fodder for the souls that haunt those lands - it would be a death wish." I explain, watching as he takes a step closer to me. His larger frame towering over my own as he pins his ears in aggression. A warrior. A killer. I cannot help but to smirk in a bit of joy. Request that I won't interfere with his quest. A tiny laugh escapes my maw. "I find but no reason to stop your personal quest. I only ask that if you are needed that you hold it off for a few mere moments to accomplish the task that is necessary. Otherwise, you can continue to rid the souls that have filmy eyes - it does not bother me any." I finish, standing a little taller.

"If that is fine with you, Vulture, then please come this way - I will show you where this haven so resides and explain a bit more about the group on our journey." I finish, turning on my haunches and beginning to sink back into the shadows that are my brothers and sisters. Glowing broken heart pendant being the only visible sign left in the shadows as it swings with each step from the base of my tail.

Time to take another 'home'.
522 words
One more post from you, then done?
I also requested for the rank change/access to the group's secret board ;3
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Deceased
Adoptable

Vulture

I watch Lena as she walks away. She wishes me luck? I give out a snort of disgust as I keep my pale eyes on her retreating back. If everyone else is like that mare in her ‘home’ I believe my choice is wise.I listen to Seele’s words and my muscles relax a bit. At least she isn’t pretending to understand my
circumstances. “I can appreciate your honesty with me. Too many like to hold a mask of sympathy, and make it seem as though they care or understand.” I pause for a long moment.

When she confirms that there are no sinners within her land, and the fact that my personal quest would only be put on hold if I am needed. That sounds fair enough to me. Even if I must give up the trail of a sinner, I know that I can find it again rather easily.

“I think there is the potential of a good alliance here.” I say when she confirms going to this ‘safe haven’ won’t interfere with my quest. Perhaps it will even give me more resources, I’ll just have to see how much it benefits me in the future.

I listen to her words a bit more and then dip my head at Seele. “Lead the way, and I’ll listen to you with open ears.” I follow the mare into the shadows, my eyes glancing at her glowing charm but then back up toward what is in front of me. I walk for only a moment before I glance over my shoulder one last time. I still don’t know what monsters lurk in this new land, but I plan to find out, not only that, I plan to destroy them.

"blah blah blah."