the Rift

[PRIVATE] Frozen waves meet ocean floors || Tharos

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei

She noted how he backed off, giving her room in the confined, but warmer, space of the ice cave. A slight smile twitched at the corners of her lips, suppressed only by her own uncertainty. She distracted herself by keeping her steely eyes focused on the world outside; the sow seemed to be increasing slowly, but that was not what was making the environment so unbearably cold. The wind picked up speed, causing waves to billow up toward the coast and to crash against the cerulean rocks. The sea was too far away for the spray to affect them, but the dramatic scenery made for a beautiful - if slightly worrying - sight. The blizzard reminded her of her hostile home land. Maybe that was why she was drawn to these cold places. It reminded her of the only place that was home to her, in her heart.

As he spoke, she turned to face him over her shoulder. He was looking for someone, though he did not explain his relationship to the mysterious horse. What she did catch, however, was that the 'cowardly Foothills' had let him go. Her poker face was amazing; she didn't even bat an eye but simply nodded slowly at his explanation. Turning, she faced him, her stoic face emotionless as was the norm for the mare. She parted her lips to speak, but as she did a low rumbling interrupted her. Her thoughts scattered to the winds, she turned swiftly, nearly hitting her head on a particularly jagged piece of wall. Whinnying, she had half a mind to attempt to dash through the falling snow, yet before she could so much as move, she was trapped.

For a moment, a glimmer of hope remained in the small opening through which a pillar of light shimmered through meekly, but her hopes were dashed as the snowstorm quickly made short work of the gap. She stared at the barricade, dumbfounded. The stallion seemed calm enough and Artemis was able to remain seemingly level headed - on the outside. Inside, she was screaming. Snow was basically fluffy, hardened water which she was now trapped in, not to mention in a relatively small space with a strange stallion. It would take days to dig through, and even then they would need to wait out the storm as the stag pointed out just after his failed attempt at kicking the frost wall down. Even if they could dig out now, the storm was rough and it was probably best for them to stay in the relative warmth of the cave. No doubt the heat of their bodies would soon make the place toasty warm, but that thought did not override the fear she felt for the water.

Luckily, he kept her distracted with his calm words and his sweetheart, which received him a sharp glare. He started by asking her about herself. Glancing around quietly, she knew she would have to keep talking for fear she would panic. The mare led down hesitantly, following his actions. "Well, to start, I am one of those 'cowardly Foothills'." She stated, with a faint grin as she attempted to keep her mind off her impending doom. She didn't need any raging madness resulting from her stupid phobias, and she assumed he didn't want that either. Still, she couldn't hide the fear in her eyes, or the tremble in her voice. "I am new to this land. It is ....Strange, to me. I know very few. Its...Lonely." She began, shrugging. What more could she say beside regaling him with stories of her childhood? "Sorry, I am not exactly...Interesting." She excused, apologetic. Not exactly charismatic, either, she inwardly mocked herself.

speech

@[Tharos]
[Image: 258b4tv.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frozen waves meet ocean floors || Tharos - by Artemis - 09-03-2013, 01:53 PM