the Rift

[PRIVATE] Frozen waves meet ocean floors || Tharos

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei

follow me home

Her eyes moved over the reflection and toward the painted stallion. Cautiously, she allowed her curious gaze to scan his large bodice; his dark grey pelt and painted markings on body withers and rump. Artemis seldom met the eyes of strangers, for to the mare eye contact was a sign of trust and meaning, yet she did let her eyes slip up for a moment, only now in their close vicinity noticing his icy orbs. He seemed blind, yet she knew from the way he moved that it was improbable. Just as fast as she had glanced toward his face, her teal-grey orbs fell, focusing on her own hooves.

His words rang familiar to her ears and she nodded in understanding. He had entered this land on the brink of an invasion just as she had, yet it was the grey he presumably fought if his adopted herd was taken over. She turned away, partly ashamed, despite not having anything to do with that invasion. She was one of the Grey who, back then, disrupted this poor stags life and forced him into a life of solitude. The shadows of the past divided them. She sighed softly. "In my first week of becoming one of the Grey, I shed blood for them. I do not know if joining them in battle was right, but they are my family now. They are not bad people. They simply fight to survive, as we all do." She spoke, voice soft and words carefully chosen so as not to offend.

The silence settled over them for some time and the mare felt her eyes closing. A slight shiver washed over her, yet her pride and her personal bubble refused to allow her to 'snuggle' up for warmth. Yet, just as her eyes blinked shut, his voice murmured over the eerie silence; I think the blizzard is over. Her head raised, eyes opening quickly. Sure enough, she could no longer heard the moaning of ice or the muffled wail of wind outside.

As fast as he could in such a limited space, she pushed herself to her feet and rammed her shoulder into the ice. Nothing. Ears back and tail twitching in anticipation and frustration, she watched the stallion turn his rear to the wall and begin battering the snowy prison walls. Taking his lead, she turned and mimicked his actions, bucking in unison with the stranger - no, with Tharos, for he was no stranger anymore - until at last the walls came crumbling down. She groaned, her knees shaking where her wounds had scabbed over from her fight with Laila. Apollo had healed her best her could, but with his limited magic, she still felt a sharp ache in the joints. She ignored it, turning as she watched the gruello carve his way through the dirt, limping upon his rear leg. Concerned, she followed slowly as he called out to her. As she broke through the snow, which soaked the sides of her pelt and clawed coldness into her skin, she realized she could smell the sharp tang of sea salt and feel the stroking of the wind once again.

A smile broke her normally stoic lips and she whinnied uncharacteristically in joy, bucking out her legs like a filly. Just as quickly had she acted before she realized how stupid she must have looked, and froze, clearing her throat with a nervous chuckle. "You know, it was warmer in there." She stated coyly, with a smirk tickling the corners of her lips. "I guess this is where we part ways as unlikely friends?" She asked quietly. She wasn't sure what was the norm in such situations, nor she did she think the stallion wanted to spent anymore time wasted with her. Still, before she turned to leave, she glanced toward his leg. "Are you hurt? The Grey ha an excellent healer. You should give them a chance...Tharos." She told him, voice low as she avoided his gaze as usual, yet it was one of the first times the mare had called anyone by name. She managed a smile, doubting his eagerness to follow. He was free. Lonely, probably, but free. Why should be want to come with her? There was no reason for him. Still, she hesitated, not leaving as she said she would.

"Speech goes here"
Credits

[Image: 258b4tv.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frozen waves meet ocean floors || Tharos - by Artemis - 09-12-2013, 04:19 AM