the Rift

[PRIVATE] No cure (Cera, death thread)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

My songs know what you did in the dark

I could feel the sickness start to set in, it had come as a fever at first. A low grade tempt that robbed me of energy and gave shortness to breath. Over the next few days that temperature rose, my muscles quivered, twitching due to the lack of oxygen that was being absorbed. It was painfully sad that these black lungs and an equally black heart could no longer support this body—they has succumbed to a time old illness that had stolen many a life in the world I came from. Poison fumes had been slowly absorbed since birth, they finally started to catch up to me. In that other world, there was little that didn’t poison you over time.

Death by suffocation has no cure.

Slowly, pieces of flesh and inner muscle started to shut down—nothing could be done to stop it, nothing would prevent the agony. I didn’t cry out, couldn’t, not enough breath. Instead I maneuvered the forest, moving through the timbers until I felt the cool breeze and moon across my grey tinted feathers. A clearing, beautifully lite. I wasn’t afraid of death, no, how could I be? Raising had warned me to never fear something so wonderful. Though this wasn’t how I wanted to go; a warrior should greet their maker with both iron hooves forward. Chuckling like a loon, I lifted my fever stricken eyes to the heaven that wasn’t heaven. It wasn’t my sky, no, my sky had been red—not blue, not black. No sunrise or sunset. This wasn’t home, I wanted to go home.

OCC:: This is a Midas doppelganger.

Helmet & Eyes
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Cera
How long will you play this game? Will you fight or will you walk away?

Like a moonflower, he has grown in the darkness permeated only by the silver light of the sole Goddess above, while all other wilted with the absence of their light, their Gods. The invasion had torn them at the core, but they were resilient, they would carry on. So long as they had each other, they would lift their weapons and wings, shove shoulder beneath each other and rise higher, fight on until every leg and limb was broken. Even then, their spirit would never be crushed, for it was a brilliant flame that burned everything. If you did not turn to ash beneath the weight of them, they would still leave you with burns. They were tied irrevocably to each other. Brothers and sisters for life. All blood had touched that sand, painting it a deeper shade of crimson. Unicorn blood, believed to be royal...it was all the same when it sprayed the ground in battle.

So Cera had returned to the forest of shadow and silver light. The Basin invading had reminded him of sensitive matters. Horned, all of them. Precise steps drew him closer, until those endless boughs tangled like a jigsaw puzzle overhead. The scare upon his slim chest was bright beneath the netherlight, as if sensing that this was the place where it had been created. Shadows haunted him here, both within his mind and in the realm he had walked into. A scream, a spray of blood, his blood. And pain. So much pain. Cera shook his head frantically, heart constricted. He had forbidden Ilaria from going with him, not wanting her to suffer through his emotions and memories. She'd been so young then, hardly but a cub, and she'd witnessed her bonded being torn to ribbons so close to vital organs practically moments after their union. Cera would not subject her to that. She had been furious, left behind with Midas and Fina, but he had been firm with her. She barely remembered...what if he triggered her?

Despite the subtle warming of Birdsong, there was a chill upon his spine. The ghosts of his past, was that the phrase?

And then his jade eyes alighted upon that form.

The imposter. The fake. The devil

Cera was not afraid. Not this time. Not here, where his heart had pumped out his life blood helplessly upon those pale leaves.

"You!" he snarled, leaping forth, uncaring of the foliage that pricked at him as he shoved forward towards the doppel of his father in a sudden lunge. "Leave, you imposter! This is not your home, leave us at peace, return to wherever you were spawned!" In his near-adult age his voice bellowed far lower than normal, emerald fire within his eyes, uncaring of the condition the fake Midas displayed.

This is not your father. Do not pity him. Do not pity him!

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Ascended Helovian

Deceased
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

I had lots of quiet time of late. That tends to happen when you start avoiding others—of course I’d never been much for social graces so the avoiding issue wasn’t something of a problem. These hours of drawn out silence had irritated me at first; like an itch that couldn’t be scratched. Or a sore that never vanished. Hardly ever this calm back home, never so…quaint. I’d eventually made peace with this land and even learned over these past months to enjoy everything in some semblance. Quiet gave the mind room for high thinking—which had always been my stronger point considering all that had happened back home, there simply hadn’t been time for pondering over trivial things that didn’t include survival.

My mind replayed memories over and over again. A shrub bush here and a mountain there. It was all the same, a world within a world. A reality that had happened because someone, somewhere had decided it to be birthed upon the world. Of course my control over it was pointless, fruitless even. From the time within my mother’s womb—I was a doomed soul.

The reality of this was—I am Midas. Somewhere in this world was another version of me, born into a world that had chosen correctly. For every choice, there is a door; a portal into the options that would have been. Could have been. I was just another opinion, a single entity in a universe that was likely filled with a hundred Midas’s. All with different destiny depending on the choices that had been made by others, or myself.

Dreams had come. I had never dreamed before, visions of children. A golden child with green eyes. I had seen that boy before…when first waking in this altered universe. In that dream world the child called me father and…started weeping. I couldn’t tell why he was crying. Somehow it didn’t matter. Other visions came, of a desert and another life. A life that was the same as mine, yet, different.

His golden eyes, I was starting to see through his eyes. Starting to. Remember.

That was when the nose bleeds start. It didn’t happen as a result of my lungs collapsing. Nay, I knew, it was because somehow my mind couldn’t hold two separate memories at once. It couldn’t hold the idea of having a body that didn’t belong in this timeframe of existence. Who could I tell? Who would believe me?

A sound of ruffling feathers. A breath later and I knew who approached, just as he would know out of instinct. Though instead of love, hate arose. Anger for the joy they shared, and how it had been so cruel and quick to deny. To say it was pure hate…would be false. In truth. I loved his child. HAD grown to love him over these few weeks, and his sister that had been caught in my dreams of late. A wounded mind wouldn’t be quick to heal with reason, or understanding. It would twist and make up any amount of stories it could. To function as it should.

This boy. Cera. Was my curse, his life, his breath? Perhaps…if I stole that life and breath. He would become ME, and I HIM. We would be as one being, instead of separate entities. If I could do this before I died, maybe…just maybe I would become whole again. The dreams would stop, the visions of love and tender affection. Maybe. I wouldn’t love him anymore.
I turned to said lamb with a smile, wider and brighter than ones seen before. Interlaced in my teeth is blood. My blood, seeping for deaths right hand. “Aye,” I said strongly, stronger than I felt, “Thing is suckling, I can’t seem to find my way out of this reality…and back into my own.” A strange softness entered my tone, not unlike his. For a split second everything seemed to wash before my eyes in a vision, a unicorn, red in color and dripping with blood. Then…it vanished.

Helmet & Eyes

Cera the Golden Prince Posts: 419
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.3hh :: 6 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Ilaria :: Red Panda :: Heal Brit

Cera
How long will you play this game? Will you fight or will you walk away?

You can't love him, he is not your father. He may look the same, those golden eyes might seem familiar, but can't you see the cold lay of them? Don't love him, you can't. He hates you. He was never meant to come here, and nobody will ever believe you anyways.

Even so it's still so hard. Cera's athletic frame quaked gently, hardly noticeable. It went against every portion of his being to want to hurt and harm this individual, the one who bore the visage of the stag whom had taken him in lovingly and raised him up into a worthy son, only ever exuding patience and care all the while. No matter how many times he tried to right himself, remember that this was just a duplicate, and one of the opposite moral breed, Cera still found himself slipping up. It made him ache.

Turning the duplicate smiles a grin more befitting a wolf, and how right he is when crimson stains those ivories presented to him. Blood...but there are no victims in sight, no animals that could tempt an herbivore of their breed. It is recent, the stench of iron hanging thick enough to be choked upon. This Midas...is he deteriorating? Is Helovia rejecting his life force, the slow return of the Gods recognizing his presence, and demanding it be removed in the most painfully fitting way possible?

Somehow, Cera pitied him for that. Unwarranted pain was something no being deserved.

Aureate gazers flickered, something tender appearing, only to become a wasteland once again. Cera pinned his aurals, his own teeth hidden beneath tight lips, emeralds sparking like a live wire within his features. A jade fire, full of life and passion. "That is by no means my problem, and though I would help you, I have a hunch you would sooner slit your own throat." Cera never spoke so harshly, with such vindictive bitterness, but so much hatred lay between them from merely one meeting. How could he not? He had the eloquence, had listened attentively through every experience that had led him onto the path of another, and in turn had been gifted with the blessing of speech- something he had been late in acquiring due to his young abandonment.

Grunting his tail slapped his hocks, a mighty sting flushing up them, but only to be ignored. Tension still vibrated throughout his frame, distrusting of the bloody-mawed monster, but he made no move to initiate a physical confrontation.

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Ascended Helovian

Deceased

“That is by no means my problem, and though I would help you, I have a hunch you would sooner slit your own throat.”

I chuckled hoarsely in mild humor, it was painful making my lungs move like that. Lift and rise, fill with air that came screeching inside with the force of a bloated runaway steed. He had no clue, absolutely no clue. There was little hate between us, little to be measured in that sense our minds compared to others. Fate had placed me upon this threshold and by damn I was going to walk the line until its end. Another image came suddenly upon my frontal vision; his memories sinking into thick emptiness that had never gotten a chance for filling up with anything beyond despair. My nose was bleeding from one side, the left side I think—because it was the side that tickled.

His smiling face came forward, making my cringe outwardly. Then, in a voice that was too soft to be my own said, “You’re wrong about that little wind chaser.” Those were his words, not mine. Not this Midas, this Midas knew little about tenderness, and even less about love. For a moment I stood by, awestruck at what had just passed.

Then.

It snapped.

The final cord of sanity, I flung my head up—eyes widened to their core and lips curved into a snarl. No matter how much he made it hurt, this pup was going to die. Or else I would never be the same. “You are his spawn? His blood?” Yes, I reasoned- he would die tonight. Under the merciless moon.

Without bothering to say anything more I call upon the sand below us, rushing it to the surface. I would incase this bitch of a whelp, this beautiful cherub that he-no we, loved so much. Granules of dirt flew up around us, they rushed to him in a wave that would likely conceal me from view and garnish his ability to see anything that wasn’t sand. My element would attempt to rush across his frame, to enclose him in the golden mass. Legs, body, wings, neck, head, tail. Everything.

It would circle him and make a crushing tomb that would pressurize seconds later; break those wings, then the lungs, his head would follow. Like a constricting snake wrapping around its prey, I laughed—but even to my ears it sounded shallow. Wings extended and the armor that was my gift and second element folded out and over, stretching across my frame silver plate by silver plate.

Helmet & Eyes