the Rift

[PRIVATE] one foot on the ledge [Rasta]

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali

Her shuffling hooves was the only giveaway that she might be uncomfortable with the mention of the marking. Alleo observed this and set it to memory not to mention it again unless she brought it up. The reason for her observed discomfort was answered before he could wonder too long on it. "I'm sorry." He murmured to the girl as she mentioned losing her companion. He had not been in Helovia long enough to understand what it meant to have a companion, nor had he been in any other region of Loorien where it was common practice to have a companion. To Alleo, a companion was another horse who walked at your side, shared in the trials and tribulations that life gave you, and picked you up when you were knocked down.

"It is a bit more complicated when you used to rule over a vast land before getting thrown out like rotting meat..."

"It seems every aspect of life is complicated." Alleo answered back. "Though I have not had the experience of ruling over any land or being cast aside like rotting meat." His life had been far different from Rasta's, it seemed, and he thought he might rather be cast aside like rotting meat than have to suffer through life at the hooves of his parents and watch his sisters suffer in the same ways that he had. There were very few that Alleo might have thought were better off dead, and it was sad to say that his parents had fallen among them. There were even fewer that he could say he was glad they were dead, and sadly enough his parents were among them.

She questioned his pride, then, but Alleo just looked at the mare with the same expression he'd had on his face all along. He had pride, but he was also a humble stallion. "I find it difficult to feel pride in a band of mercenaries who masquerade as a family." He admitted. "I was born to be a warrior. My entire childhood consisted of my father training me to fight for his own personal gain. I was a slave to him, in essence. When he died I was finally free and now I've stumbled back into the same situation." Only there was a whole group of them. "I find it difficult to agree with the decisions of the leaders, no matter their reasoning." He could not call them his leaders when he did not agree with them. Had he known exactly how the herd was he would have tried to talk his sisters into leaving Helovia when they'd found him in the Threshold.

He was quiet for a moment then he sighed and lifted his gaze to the stars once more. "What is your herd like?" He really wanted to ask about her lost companion, but he didn't want to cause her anymore discomfort.

"."

i'm the colorless sunrise that's never good enough</style>

Credits

Messages In This Thread
one foot on the ledge [Rasta] - by Alleo - 09-02-2013, 08:55 PM
RE: one foot on the ledge [Rasta] - by Rasta - 09-02-2013, 09:45 PM
RE: one foot on the ledge [Rasta] - by Alleo - 09-03-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: one foot on the ledge [Rasta] - by Rasta - 09-08-2013, 09:11 PM
RE: one foot on the ledge [Rasta] - by Alleo - 09-08-2013, 10:03 PM
RE: one foot on the ledge [Rasta] - by Rasta - 09-11-2013, 10:30 PM
RE: one foot on the ledge [Rasta] - by Alleo - 09-15-2013, 02:20 PM
RE: one foot on the ledge [Rasta] - by Rasta - 10-13-2013, 01:41 PM