the Rift

[OPEN] Subtle Uncertainties [Echo, open]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

TORLEIK
Death follows into your watery grave

Something about this equine in front of him made Torleik's chest hurt in a strange way. For just a moment, they looked unbearably sad and ready to slough off this mortal coil. What would make anyone long for release that badly, he wondered? He was not one to wish for death in the face of pain, physical or emotional, so the concept was highly foreign to him. The blue animal collapsed in the water and Torleik was concerned - were they hurt? Did they require assistance? Trotting over quickly, he bent his head down to sniff and nudge the newcomer's jaw lightly. Up close, the scent and visual appearance of his horse begrudgingly told Torleik he should cautiously assume he was dealing with a female. Still. Something was off about that and he couldn't place it.

"Are you injured?" he asked, deep voice quiet and gentle, trying not to further stress this mare. "What is your name?" he asked after a few seconds of further inspection, finding no obvious wounds on her body. He was attempting to distract her from any pain and keep her focused on speaking to him in the hopes it would help.

This, however, was interrupted by a shrill and decidedly harsh "NO!" climbing across the winds and reaching Torleik's ears. Pinning them back in annoyance and wariness, the stallion righted himself and took a wide, ready stance, putting himself between this fallen mare and the one that approached him now. She claimed she had - or 'we', whomever this 'we' was she referred to - already told 'his herd' once to leave.

"I have never before laid eyes on you," Torleik growled through clenched teeth. "I have no idea what you mean by 'my herd.' I have only been here a short number of days, so whatever quarrel you have with this mythical herd of mine, it does not include me." His words were firm and annoyed, but tightly controlled. He had no fear of losing a fight to this second mare if she chose to challenge him; she did not look like one comfortable with sparring. However, he did not wish it to come to that. He was only trying to be helpful. On that note of remembrance, he glanced back at the blue mare on the ground behind him.

"Are you a healer, by chance? This mare collapsed, but I can find little outwardly wrong with her and I fear I will be of no help if she is ill or internally wounded." Perhaps that would calm this accusatory woman down.

Afrolovertje & ximpossible @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
Subtle Uncertainties [Echo, open] - by Torleik - 09-03-2013, 01:52 PM
RE: Subtle Uncertainties [Echo, open] - by Echo - 09-06-2013, 09:44 AM
RE: Subtle Uncertainties [Echo, open] - by Kahlua - 09-07-2013, 02:26 AM
RE: Subtle Uncertainties [Echo, open] - by Torleik - 09-07-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: Subtle Uncertainties [Echo, open] - by Kahlua - 09-13-2013, 11:11 PM