[OPEN] But, We Are The Monsters

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
tear me open pour me out,
inside there's things that scream and shout

Chatter, screaming, grunts, arguments: that is all that has been boiling in my skull for the past few days. Maybe just hours. What if it has been a month? Where is the sun?! I cannot take this any more, my voice is lost beneath the constant company in my head that no one seems to hear but me. I am tired, so very tired. Sleep has not been a close friend for a while now; it has been a very difficult task to even think about sleep. They've learned to control my body, but only during certain temperaments. Anger seems to feed the much alive fire, along with the random fall outs of maddening depression. Both are difficult to stray from when all you can comprehend is the emotions bursting through your body.

Bitter cold air nipped at my thick coated body hungrily, the welcome of the Aurora Basin that I was greeted with each time I entered our delightful tundra after a time span of being gone. I am a traveler by heart and it is difficult to stay in one place for too long. I have wandered nearly all of Helovia now. That is with the exception of the three other herd lands and the Vein of The Gods. I have no business in any of those places; the Gods have spared my life once, they owe me nothing more. Perhaps a nice stick to the eye. I'm sure they could do that for you!

"Welcome back. I had hoped that you had forgotten I am here." I growled back to them, my crackly voice low beneath my breath. Red wine colored eyes scanned over the still dark land that I call home, noticing almost no difference from the last time I had been here. It had only been a day or two though, right? I think.. I hope so. Most of them do not know who I am anyhow, just another number to throw into the faces of other herds. "Na na na, we're bigger than you." But, are we? Where do we stand in the capacity line? You don't count any how pretty boy. Don't worry, we haven't forgotten you! They sound happy, cheery in fact, that they are still here to dance circles through my jumbled thoughts.

I found myself walking along still without even being aware of my own actions; my feet sinking into the thin, normal amount of snow that dusted our hidden valley. Our frozen valley. The moon was playing peekaboo behind the massive mountain peaks, a little over half hiding behind the rock walls the best it could. Still, the light filtered over the snow caps, creating a beautiful glimmer off of the white sheets of ice. Ever since the sun's disappearance, I have not seen nor heard of the colorful dancing ribbons of light in the night air; that was something we surely all missed.

Where am I going? My body keeps moving on in a quick paced walk, my head bobbing in rhythm with my body, swaying slightly from side to side with each step. Dark hooves fell one after another, back feet reaching ahead in order to step evenly in the previous prints left my both front hooves. They are so frayed, so chipped and untamed. I may have to take some time to walk up the mountain sides in hopes of rounding them back down. Crimson eyes stared ahead, yet looked at nothing. Instead, my attention was all focused on the conversations in my brain, trying to pick apart smashed together words to decipher what their plan was, or if there even is one.

A shadow ate away at the bright ground, dulling my eyesight enough for me to notice and drag my attention back to reality. A thick slit in the mountain side came into view: my tiny, one man cave. Just big enough for me -and at one point another mare- to curl up and sleep. My heart leapt at the thought of comfort. Maybe here they will allow me to be at peace, just for a moment. Eventually I reached the mouth of my miniature cave, staring into the darkness with dull eyes. Something told me to stay out here, that something or someone was important enough to see before I laid my dark face down on the cold rock to rest. What if there isn't anything special? It's probably just them stirring up my thoughts again, doing something to provoke me just enough to stay awake a little longer. My eyelids started to become heavy at the thought of sleep.

Tagged: Open!
Text here "Chat here." Voices here

i run but it stays right by my side
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Zima Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The light bay mare walked delicately over the land, entering the Basin. Her slender, elegant figure seemed just like a passing shadow. Dark blue orbs took in the frigid gorgeous scenery around her. Her sharp curved horn like a blade glistened over the light colored terrain. Her grey hooves pressed in on the lush tundra grass, and the light coat of snow that covered it. A bitter wind blew against her light bay coat, blowing her long dark forelock into her eyes. She shivered. Her nostrils flared, and she took in the clear, frigid scent of the tundra that surrounded her.
This is my home, she thought to herself. A small smile curved upon her dark delicate lips. A while ago she would not have imagined herself her. She had been a lonely outcast, unknowing of this beautiful land.

Yet there was something she was missing. She wanted to meet more people, like herself. Most of the time she found herself wandering alone, her own voice and doubts screaming in her mind. Nobody knew her. She doubted herself always; a quiet soul. Her face was just one in a crowd of many. She wanted to meet more of this herd. She wanted to make a difference. Where am I going?, she thought to herself. She had come to this land to protect it, to not be lonely, and she had achieved this dream of hers. And yet, she felt the loneliness screaming at her, tearing through her mind. What am I to become?, she thought to herself. She hadn't seen a soul for days, and it was driving her crazy. She wanted, needed the company of others.

She kept trudging along over the ice coated tundra grass. She blinked, and pieces of snow fell off her eyelashes. She didn't know where she was going, her legs just seemed to be walking all by themselves. She was exhausted from having been walking for days. She lifted her head and looked around her. She had the odd feeling she was being watched, and yet, she knew it was her mind playing tricks on her. She swung, her head around and squinted her eyes to see better. There, was a tiny break in the mountainside, what looked like a small cave. She couldn't really tell from so far away. Perhaps she should stay there for a while, and rest, she was tired of just walking and walking nowhere.

As she came a little closer to the small cave, her breath caught in her throat, and she snorted with surprise. There seemed to be a dark figure standing just outside of it. She picked up her pace slightly. As she finally drew nearer, she realized she hadn't met this creature before. His dark coat looked like a shadow over the bright terrain, and his sharp horn was a deep red color, like blood. She paused staring at him. She doubted he knew she was there. Her shyness came over her in a wave. She stopped dead in the snow. Her heart raced against her chest.

"Hello there!", she softly called out to him, her voice cutting through the stillness of the frigid air. She wondered if he could hear her. She still wasn't that close to him yet.

Voodoo Posts: 231
Outcast atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 :: Eight :: Birdsong HP: 61.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Ouija :: Arctic Fox :: None Nevada
Voodoo
tear me open pour me out,
inside there's things that scream and shout

My pulse beat slowly in my chest, in my legs, in my ears, allowing me to block out the rambling that continued on in my head. Both eyelids were slowly becoming My grave coloring hid well against the mountain side, though that could not be said for the foliage of our vast valley. I stared into the distance from my left shoulder, watching the never ending shroud of darkness devour our lightless home. Poor baby Two toned ears shot back, a grunt rolling deep in my chest simultaneously. "I will throw myself off of a god damn cliff." I hissed, nostrils flaring to allow a hot jet stream of carbon dioxide to shoot out of my body in a snort. They became silent, cowering in a corner as if to not further offend their host.

The next draw of air carried a scent that is so vaguely familiar, but only in a way that allows me to connect that there is a mare somewhere around here. My left ear swivels forward, the right staying back but cocking up slightly in order to listen for her existence. A silent moment passes before I drop my blood printed mug to the snowy white earth, lipping the frozen liquid enough to grab a minimal amount; the solid dissolves instantaneously into a cold, cold liquid that does nothing but dampen my red lips. How badly I wish I could taste the cold flakes against my tongue, to be able to nibble on the bark of a tall tree in the snowy seasons and long for the peculiar flavors that the story-tall plants produce.

The scent grows stronger and leaves me to believe that she does belong here, the female does not reek of dust and sand dunes, or the salty crash of ocean waves. I lift my crowned skull back into the air and turn to my left, standing broadside to the dark figure in the dimly lit distance. "Hello there!" The high octave of her voice nearly makes me sigh; the company of a female is always.. no, usually delightful. Both ears pull forward, my dark forelock curling around my right ear and draping over the same crimson dyed eye.

And who is this? A smile pulls up at the corner of my odd colored mouth, one that is gentle and welcoming, though it fails to stay there for long, and ends up jutting back into the straight line of seriousness that I casually wear. "And who are you?" I mimic my company with a sultry voice, my raspy vocals rolling from my chest in a deep tone. One step, two steps, and another find me facing the mare and even slowly pacing toward her. I drew closer and closer, attempting to hide the glazed over, dead look in my hollow eyes.

I freeze once I am a long reach's worth away from the female, examining her lithe body. Placed neatly on her light cranium is a smooth dagger-like horn that bowed in the center, ending at a razor sharp tip. Aside from that, the mare was plain and small; something I have not seen very much of in my past here in Helovia. It is nice to see an average colored body, rather than attempting to decipher patterns and strange spots from various hues.

Tagged: @[Zima]
Text here "Chat here." Voices here

i run but it stays right by my side
Table by Frostie
EVERYTHING YOU'RE RUNNING AWAY FROM
IS IN YOUR HEAD
[Image: 5389e9aca8b63]
Please tag him in every post!

Zima Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Zima

Zima's heart pounded against her chest. She was excited to finally meet someone here at last. She tried to push away her shyness. Now was definitely not the time to be at loss for words. A frigid breeze blew against her coat, make her shiver. She could tell that this stallion was, like her, from the Basin. His scent was crisp and clean. The moonlight shined down on his coat making him look silver. His hooves softly crunched the snow as he walked toward her. There was still a fairly large gap between them. He smiled at her, his red muzzle twisting upward in a friendly manner. But it soon disappeared, back to seriousness, she noticed.

"And who are you?" His voice was deep and raspy in a way. He sounded as if he hadn't talked in a while. The first thing she noticed about him was the red blade that stuck out from his head. She had never seen anything like it. He also had a red muzzle. His coat was a silver grullo, and he had a sleek build and, she had to admit it, a handsome look to him. His legs were black, and she noticed he had a dark stripe down his back. She hadn't seen or met him before, and wondered what rank he was. A small smile curved at her lips, and she stretched her muzzle out to his in a friendly greeting.

"Hello. It's nice to meet you. My name is Zima. I assume you're part of the Basin also? I'm fairly new here. May I ask what your name is?" As she waited for his response, she noticed how dark his eyes were. It was hard to read them. It was getting chilly out here. She shook her mane, and bits of snow flew out of it.