the Rift

[PRIVATE] Before anyone has to bleed

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica
sorry I'm a slow poke, and I feel like this post is huge >.<
@[Torleik]

Silver irises were searching in the stare she held in slight wonder. Who was Torleik? What was his heart made of? What had his winters been like? Through the deep, beautiful chords of his voice, though hushed, he spoke with knowing. Did age bring certainty or was it when you made it last to the spring? Something in her heart said he hadn't exactly escaped. Who could escape memories? More questions unlikely to part from her lips. Instead the red maned was blown away how his description fit so perfectly. Ears had gently turned back, the only indication of her surprise. A long cold winter. Frostfall always did seem to bring misery, a season she use to enjoy. "You have a way with words, I know no better way to explain it." she commented. Perhaps he should be a scholar, not a soldier. The red maned tried to hold her tongue, there was the tiniest breath, and then the most hushed question. "Did you get to see past the cold?"

Falene had used to be religious, but when she came here she felt like the Gods laughed at prayers. They didn't see a follower by heart, and at times it was hard to see through their cruelness. It was hard to see if they cared beyond their power. Since seeing them leave, she had felt a light she had had in youth return. Faith and hope. While others thought they were left for good, she did not. Watching him with a careful eye she was trying to read his thoughts when she did her best to describe. He only seemed to absorb the explanation maybe putting it with his other knowledge. Faelene in turn digested what he spoke aloud. "Yes, everything seemed to go with them." Everything but the souls they left behind in a world where darkness was the only rule. "Before they left there were talks of doubles. Ones that looked like others here but who were not. I assume it had something to do with that. If another world was trying to consume this one. I don't know. I'm not a much of a philosopher. My imagination is a little over active." There was a a trace of a smile, but she regarded the moon with an look of indifference. She had enough questions of the world without analyzing everything. Titling her head, foreleg clipped at the ground, and she looked down at the small imprint. "Once I found my magic was whole. I thought is all well? Will they return? Suddenly it began slipping...hurting instead of protecting. I haven't been able to wield it quite the way I want. I wonder how this will affect them should they make it back. Will they be the same, merciful and ruthless in the right balance? Or will they ignore us until we dare ask for nothing?" Faelene, let out a rough sigh, dismissively shaking her head. She shouldn't get into an in depth thoughtful conversation.

The stallion did not hide his frown well, and she knew he hadn't been joking about being conscripted. This made dark pupils widen, but was she really surprised? With a grimace, she didn't miss his annoyance either. The red maned was silent for a time, becoming nonchalant. There was a void in her tone, when she finally replied. "In reality most of us here are conscripted soldiers. We would all fight, spill crimson to keep this land, to live here. My rank may be Thief, but when I first came here my loyalty was given in blood." Slowly, the maiden turned making a point to glimpse into the ice blue of his gaze. When she began again, her voice was far off, and she glimpsed into the darkness. "We use to live at the World's Edge. An outcast band wanted to join as part of ours. When in reality they wanted take over and let us stay with them. As if they really wanted peace," she snorted, still disgusted by it. "We did not see the point. We did not want the black mare for a Queen. We did not want to feel like unwelcome guests in our own home.The strangest thing was they were allies with the two herd lands, and I never understood why they didn't live together being so chummy. I guess I'll never know because right before the frost fell they banded together and took it from us. We were cast into the frozen lands, cursed Unicorns who were silly for ever wanting to be with their own kind." Damn them, she thought. With a somewhat disgusted look, she tried to shove it all down. There was still displeasure upon her dark face, and she had a point she wanted to make. "I do not like how you feel forced. No one should have to do things against their will. I hope if you do not grow fond of this place enough to fight for it, for this band, that you find one you do." She meant every word, because like Xanthos, it was better they liked their home and could be loyal to their heart, in turn their leaders.

If she had already been taken by surprise it wasn't anything compared to the turn in the conversation. Faelene had to make an effort not to let her face drop. Civil? Once a slave she wasn't sure how she should even begin to feel about his statement. Sure, his lands sounded much better than where she had come from. It was still one owning another. One having no choice. Almost like him being a soldier for a place to live. He could leave. He could speak what he wished. Love who he wanted. Have a family. It was reasons like this she had not told anyone of the Basin of her past. The one she had might as well had thrown it in her face. It was like she had told him she use to have white hair not that she was abused, and used on a daily basis watching others no longer of worth die of starvation or illness. Yet, it was not long ago she had pretended to have a slave herself for the sake of a pegasus mare to fulfill her quest. Oh Ari, Faelene was still ridden with worry what had happened to her if she had not gone home. Another soul she couldn't find. The dark lady wanted to scream for her thoughts to stop. No owner had ever treated her as family. She wasn't treated better than the ground they walked on.

"What made someone a slave in your homeland? The weak, blood, species?" Calmly she manged to ask, because she was curious. It was only that she let show now. It wouldn't be the hot headed, tormented youth.

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Messages In This Thread
Before anyone has to bleed - by Faelene - 09-05-2013, 10:46 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Torleik - 09-08-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Faelene - 09-13-2013, 11:44 AM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Torleik - 10-01-2013, 10:51 AM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Faelene - 10-04-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Torleik - 10-09-2013, 01:28 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Faelene - 10-22-2013, 11:44 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Torleik - 10-24-2013, 05:29 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Faelene - 11-06-2013, 11:11 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Torleik - 11-19-2013, 09:06 PM