the Rift

[PRIVATE] Before anyone has to bleed

Faelene Posts: 297
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 9 Buff: NOVICE
Sica
that's good. :3 I'm enjoying writing with you.
This took me awhile because I wasn't sure how she would to respond on this. I thought she might get mad, :X but she did not.
@[Torleik]

The dark stallion had no words to answer in reply, but she took his silence as good rather than bad. Torleik had something thoughtful to his daunting presence. He was someone who made an effort to what he shared aloud. It made him more interesting, maybe even appealing. The hushed question, yes she was hitting something tender there. It was beautiful and sad to see the raw pain. How many tucked it away? Counting herself... There was a reverent dip to her head, surveying the landscape, considerate of his honesty, his own storm. She put forth the only thing she felt right in uttering. "Hopefully we both get to see a true spring then." She was not discreet in hiding the twinge, the despair, and the faint hope in her voice. It carried in the tilt of a sad smile with no certainty of when this "spring" would be. There was only her perseverance and resilience this was not the end. For her or him. Some days made it harder to see the green grass than others.

Lines above her eyes tucked down gently, and her nose twitched upon his question. She searched her mind, believing someone had slayed one. "They lived, and they could die like mortals so I don't think they were shades." Silver irises swept to his, openly showing uncertainty. The only thing Faelene knew about shades (at least the ones in stories) they could not be killed easily. It had to be by special means, and even than it might not be real. She left it up to him to decide if the answer was enough, or if he would like to enlighten her in turn. Shades were not exactly a wonderful bedtime story, but she always interested to hear of other tales, worlds, and instances. They captivated her. Torleik seemed like a mastered storyteller if he would want to share.

The lady was thrown off by his response. Intellectual curiosity and creativity. It wasn't a description she would use for herself, but there was a smile there that wouldn't protest with a smart retort. His reverence about Gods, was he more deep than she already believed him to be? Roland was the only one she had spoken to about Gods in the same way. Then again she wasn't sure if it was because of their absence or Roland was a follower, a believer. "Are you a follower of some? I use to be religious, but here it's not quite the same as it was at home. My Gods were rarely seen, and heard. There was a lot of faith and prayer required..." It had been next to none to recieve an answer, a need. When she had obtained her freedom, reached this land she had believed it had been their doing.

When it came to talk of blood,soldiers, and war Faelene in turn kept a reserved mask. This seemed to have struck a chord in her companion, and she did want to understand. Energy was turned in listening carefully, eyes closely falling over his facade. The only thing she had to do was make a mental note to find out why Deimos had done this. To her knowledge it was the first, and Torleik was not a foolish boy. He was of their kind. Was something changing she did not know? There was a faint scowl wrecking havoc on her face. "When you put it that way I don't understand why that was your terms for coming here. To my knowledge we haven't done so till now. I'm a little disturbed what brought this change." Faelene was going to find out, but would not mention that to Torleik in case he rather she didn't. There was something about male pride. It wasn't like she would try to change circumstances. That might be a line she wouldn't want to cross on either side of the argument to cause upset with General or friend. Yes, she instantly decided Torleik could be that. Surprisingly she did not flinch at his sudden touch, but geniuely met his gaze in gentle understanding. "Home is more than a place to sleep and eat for certain."

Keeping her cool upon her next question, because she seemed to have never ending ones for this stallion, she wondered if she had pushed to far. Lines of her mouth parted to tell him he did not have to explain. He continued to break down further what he meant. They would take prisoners from their battles. She supposed that was better than she had initially thought. Speaking about it made the skin on her nape crawl. It was more of memories than of Torleik's summary. When he spoke the part of his own servant, how he was called brother she knew instantly it was different. "Sorry for prying. Where I came from masters were not kind, and slaves were born not taken in war. " The words "called him brother" echoed and made her think how past tense it must be. Putting his age, his wisdom, and admittance of better days the red maned was sure he would not be here if it were not for tragedy. He would not have parted from home. "This brother, he must be greatly missed." Gingerly, brushed her nose to his neck. "I had one here, but he is gone the same as my King, and my daughter." It hurt to breathe those words to life. All the parts she had forced together felt like they would start to crumble and she would never be whole again. The first step in healing was admittance wasn't it? He had come here wondering what had been wrong, and she had done little to tell.

[Image: faeleneicon.png]

Messages In This Thread
Before anyone has to bleed - by Faelene - 09-05-2013, 10:46 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Torleik - 09-08-2013, 02:14 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Faelene - 09-13-2013, 11:44 AM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Torleik - 10-01-2013, 10:51 AM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Faelene - 10-04-2013, 09:35 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Torleik - 10-09-2013, 01:28 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Faelene - 10-22-2013, 11:44 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Torleik - 10-24-2013, 05:29 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Faelene - 11-06-2013, 11:11 PM
RE: Before anyone has to bleed - by Torleik - 11-19-2013, 09:06 PM