the Rift

[PRIVATE] And There Were Stars

Adalaide Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: postcopy_zpsa680ad86.png]
You see, there's this storm brewing
and it ain't stopping.

If someone could ever have found me in a extremely happy mood, it was always after I had successfully fought off a bull. And if it was a bull that was particularly challenging, I could have let anything ride upon my back for a week straight. I would just be that damn happy. However, I had gotten close to that feeling practically never with anything else.

That was until, green, crisp, fresh grass appeared right before my eyes. Even then, it hadn't escalated to complete ecstasy, however. It probably never would again. Either way, I was happy and I was eating like never before. I had been surviving off of stripped bark and shriveled dried grass; hay if you will. But I had failed to find cool green grass.

I had traveled to the Heavenly Fields once more and with this, the grasses had already began to turn their sweet shades once more and a sweet aroma was beginning to permeate the air. With this, my icy, crystalline eyes closed as I dove my head into the grasses and grabbed a mouthful.

Another approached and my head jerked up, ears perked. I had my doubts and my suspicions about who it was, but I didn't particularly care right now. My warm and welcoming persona was probably amplified by twenty right now; that was a lot coming from me.

My warm sky blue eyes looked at the presence that was approaching or rather, walking by. With this, my velveteen voice poured into the air and flowed over the air, much like lotion in dry and cracked skin of a two-legged. "Good time, company. I would say day or morning or even night, but right now, I don't suppose I could say that without lying a little, yes?" A big and deep rumble came from deep within my chest much like thunder, but was a friendly chuckle.

@[Skywalker] PM if you wish to join in this.

Skywalker Posts: N/A
Unregistered

Where Adalaide is swathed in the bright mists of gregariousness, Skywalker finds himself moodier than usual. A storm is gathering itself up under his skin, the conic nethermost of a tornado nearing ground. With the heavy scent of unlikely springtime flowering boldly in the perpetual dark Skywalker scours the lands for a home to which he can attach his purpose. This far? Nothing. He moves idly through the lavish of crisp foliage while the steady drum of his ambition becomes a second set of angry heartbeats in his black chest. And above all, the thin black stallion is weary. He is weary of empty gallantries that get him nowhere, this jovial, mindless blabber without the conclusion that his rational and oftentimes impatient, condemnatory mind craves. The horizon is vast here, he has decided, and his ascent upon it, to make himself legendary is long overdue.

“Curse those good times,” he stops abruptly by her side and he delivers his rude reply from taut, scornful lips. The storm descends upon his slanting shoulders but he holds on to his restraint a moment longer. Strange, he thinks in the harsh quiet that follows her chuckle, blue eyes. There has been no shortage of female company, all sporting eyes as blue as his. But where Adalaide’s gaze is reminiscent of mild summer days, his is as cold and bleak as the harshest of winter mornings.

Hateful, proud Skywalker bears no more room for warmth in the tar-black corridors of his mind; there are other, more important things that thrive there.

Somewhere under his skin the urge to destroy has begun to fester and gnaw feverishly on his long shadow of near pious discipline, urging him to let that fearful tempest tear through a crack in his patience. “I’ve had enough of this senseless benevolence,” he admits and is quite surprised that he does so. He sweeps his head to the left and gestures towards an indefinite space in the claustrophobic, ripened dark, “this place has been submerged in night for I don’t know how long, and yet you all seem to act as though all is fine and well. I would expect that someone would be a little tentative, but no: all cheer and joy,” he stands shoulder to shoulder with the mare who does not quite dwarf him yet overshadows him in both bulk and height, and while he speaks as if he were another one of those blabbering fools he looks at her. For a moment, the haughty disdain is vanished from his unpolished face and he looks at her instead from behind an expression of wretchedness.

It does not suit him. It does not suit him to speak so brazenly to a stranger, to abandon his stance of scorn to the idle dark and it worries him. But this is a strange place and strange places do strange things to all creatures: those of his like are not spared. He considers the mare from amidst a wearying tumult; he thinks to himself that her skin is like a night’s sky, only inverted, freckled with dark instead of light. Still surprised by his own verbosity – a thing so foreign to him – his mind proceeds to wander to the strength that evidently ripples underneath her skin, as it must with such a hefty build. Useful, something tells him and he makes note of it before speaking again, his voice softer this time: “I’m sorry, stranger, I spoke out of turn.”

He tilts his head, all feigned boyishness, “who knows,” a futile attempt to answer her greeting, “but does it really matter?”

S K Y W A L K E R.

WC: 454
Adalaide

Unregistered
[Image: postcopy_zpsa680ad86.png]
You see, there's this storm brewing
and it ain't stopping.

His abrupt outburst was something she probably should have been expecting. This world was just so... filled with anger and animosity towards one another. Why did it have to be this way exactly? It didn't. That was the thing.

I waited until his outburst was silenced and in the process, my icy blue eyes turned from the sky to him and I simply stared at him. My inky black head was dead still as was the rest of my body as I watched him speak and move. Gone were the days when one could have a simple conversation I guess.

When he had finished, I closed my eyes and took a deep and long sigh and paused for a moment. My eyes still closed, I spoke. "Do you know of the strongest emotion out there? It has survived all possible attempts to drive it to extinction and yet it continues to bud within each and every one of us in various degrees, even if we ourselves do not realize it. It overpowers anger, hatred, and raw strength and speed and yet it can be so stealthy. Nevertheless, it always remains with us... in us... So tell me, do you know of this emotion? This emotion is hope and without it, we would fall into serious pits of darkness with no rope to haul us out.

You see, I absolutely have my doubts. I absolutely have reasoning to believe that this world is going to the dogs and it will just continue to plummet. But I also have this emotion called hope and with it I realize there's no reason to be bitter to one another and be filled with animosity towards the world when we ourselves can change it. That is why we act on hope because if you act like it's good then things will eventually go good."

My warm voice had talked slow and sweet with a hint of assertiveness in it. Frustration was dwelling within my soul at the world but as soon as I realized it, I had to pick out why. When I did, I found out that it was a silly reason and with it, I would also realize that there was no reason to hold a grudge.

"Either way, I don't believe I caught a name from you. I am Adalaide, leader of the growing group called The Storm Strike. And whom might you be?"

@[Skywalker]

Unregistered

“Not all of us share your opinion,” he frowns, still astonished by his own flagrant outburst. This would undoubtedly lead them astray, onto a topic much too vague for his sensible taste. Inhaling the cool, thin air and exhaling a fine mist as pale as the lamplight glow of the moon he looks at her and wonders if he should humor her and argue against her philanthropic views on hope. True, he had been hopeful once, as every child must be before being ruined by misfortune; true, he had seen hope dig a seabed into dry earth, making way for a tsunami of change that seemed impossible. Skywalker is no stranger to the concept of hope – only, he has taught himself how to use it to his advantage.

Today, however, he is in no mood for a debate on the subject and drops it, letting it sink away like a heavy stone in water. He is quiet for a moment longer, seemingly slipping in and out of thought before continuing, his voice light as the grey tufts of cloud littering the dark sky. “My hope, for example, has given way to other sentiments, the consequence of life has dulled it… considerably.”

That would do.

“It’s delighting to know that yours is still bright,” he adds dryly before lowering his head to a new, luxurious tussock of grass by his hooves, its heavy scent cloying. While chewing – the taste much too pungent for his frugal tastes – he notices how the tempest under his skin has somehow slowed and he is relieved that it has done so. This mare has done nothing to deserve his quick, flaring temper, and he finds it best to keep it harnessed for some other occasion. He raises his head and shakes it, momentarily letting his relatively short mane loose in a black halo around his swiveling ears, his taut jaw loosens, a little more ease in his thin shoulders. Skywalker looks at her again, his gaze as intense as always. “Skywalker, misanthropist and outcast, leading nothing but myself,” he offers and then proceeds to ask, unceremoniously: “The Storm Strike?”

There is nonchalance in his movements as he flicks a strand of tar-black mane from his eyes and a sliver of amusement in his voice. “Doesn’t sound too hopeful.”

S K Y W A L K E R.

WC: 382
Adalaide

Unregistered
[Image: top_zps861bfa6d.png]
if it ain't lightening yet
it's either coming or you're in the eye of it

The individual in front of me spoke with an apparent sorrow that had been buried somewhere under that black coat of his. I looked into his eyes, taking note that he also had blue pools. I've come to notice that blue isn't an uncommon color here... but then again, every other eye color isn't exactly either.

I sighed as he finished lowering my head down, to grab a mouthful of the sweet grasses before me. I shifted the weight of myself to one side, allowing pressure to escape my left hind quarter. My abnormally large and tall frame also shifted, crushing several blades of grass under my large weight.

"It dwells within, I would say. You still strive to live even in a corrupt world." I let it trail off, dropping the subject. I had my thoughts and I would respect his. If I wished for respect for my own, the same would have to be given of me in return.

He asked of the Storm Strike and my head raised above my withers and my neck arched, muscles within flexing slightly. My ears flickered, one swiveling behind me and the other pointed at the stallion in front of me.
"In that case, one shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. Or title in this case, I would suppose." A warm and friendly chuckle escaped my chest, much like a rumble of thunder.

"The Storm Strike will be fighting for righteousness. We're semi-anarchists and don't believe in tyranny or one having total control over someone; their thoughts and all their actions. We'll be fighting for the right reasons, rebelling against the bad, and attempting to overthrow anyone causing suffering to others who desire a better change. We believe strongly in equality... no one is above anyone at all based on looks. Bringing shine to those who hope for it in dark times."

My melodic voice pouring through my maw silenced as I looked at the black stallion, Skywalker in front of me. A trace of my gregarious smile was still on my face as it was for anyone not labeled an enemy. My eyes still retained their warmth and brightness that they held at the beginning.

"May I ask of your thoughts on it?"

[Image: bottom_zps64cd02f6.png]Images used are posted so many times, I couldn't find credits.

Unregistered

He starts moving again, towards the heart of the field, and nudges her gently on the shoulder to encourage her to follow him. The subject they’ve moved on to is still too abstract for his tastes, but he decides that he will not abandon this as easily as the aforementioned contemplation on hope. At least this had some substance and thus it finds some traction in the dark crevasses of his mind. Of course, Skywalker is too embittered and his emotions have simpered in a dank coffin for too long to have a reasonable opinion on the matter. In his world the boundaries of power and authoritarianism weigh too heavy to be lifted to such utopic heights as his newfound company speaks of. Slave to his reason and infatuated with discipline, the black stallion simply does not believe that individuals can govern themselves in such a way. He has witnessed too many failures, in all aspects of life, to believe in the value of the individual, to believe in what is good.

Besides, the one thing that constantly echoes between his ears is the feverish hunger for absolute power and ways in which he can obtain such a position. “That sounds charitable,” he finally answers with the same light tone of voice, as if they were speaking of the weather and not ideologies, “but I don’t think highly of it, to be honest,” without anything else than absolute neutrality adorning his voice he continues speaking, while gently shaking his head. “The problem with this idea is the perception of what is good and just – it is not the same to everyone and above all it is not a constant thing. It is easy to say that you fight for what is good but it is much harder to define what is good and what isn’t.”

A pause and a smile: “let me take tyranny for example. If the tyrant acts on behalf of his subjects, leading in a way so that they are pleased with his every decision. If he strengthens the herd, gives everyone meaningful tasks, makes sure that everyone is happy, should we still consider his rule illegitimate simply because he is a tyrant?”

Skywalker’s heart beats a little quicker – he will not deny that he wishes to be a tyrant, that his word should weigh heavier than anyone else’s, because he believes that this is the way to truly bring happiness to his people. In that sense there is still some altruism left in him, albeit twisted and corrupted. “And suffering,” he speaks slower now, “is sometime necessary in order to achieve something else that, in the long term, will relieve it.”

S K Y W A L K E R.

WC: 445
Adalaide