the Rift

[OPEN] [[Asylum]]Sometimes, I imagine six impossible things before breakfast.

Arlo Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16hh :: 6 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Stephy
For all is not always fair
in love and war..
</style>

I was glad to be given a distraction from the wenches silvery web that she had so expertly begun weaving around me. At least the trek to the marsh would give me something else to focus on, before I fell down her proverbial rabbit hole. She was so close, so tantalizing, and yet I didn’t quite trust her yet. She had me hook line and sinker, teetering on the edge, but I couldn’t afford to make a mistake now. I had to start thinking with my head, rather than my genitals. I needed to see her for what she was, my ticket to dodge Seeles disdain.

I pushed my pistons onwards, towards the marsh. I could only hope that the dratted poisonous fog had lifted, for I hadn’t returned since it had settled its toxic breath over me. It had worked out quite well really, for the venom hadn’t reached me, as I had been too far under. It had however, stunned the demons, leaving them vulnerable to me. But now, it needed to be banished. I couldn’t risk the noxious gas dragging me back under, and I sure as hell didn’t want the pretty one harmed.

I swung my head to glance behind me, to make sure she was still there, searching out those glowing indigo orbs in the darkness, looking for the moonlight illuminating the frosting on her obsidian frame.

“Come now darling, we should make haste. We still have a way to go, and the day isn’t getting any younger.”

With that, I broke into a quicker gait, anxious to get her home, and me out of Seeles disgusted gaze.

As we finally turned the corner into the marsh, I could see that the fog had lifted, and our home had returned to its normal, murky self. I could only hope that the crowned one had not expected a palace, for this was far from it.

“I apologise m’lady, for this isn’t to be our home for long. But whilst we are here, I would take caution of the quagmire. Nobody knows what lurks beneath it, but many believe that ghouls and souls languish in the depths. They will drag you overboard if you give them the chance.”

I took her into the centre, pools scanning the area for any asylum members lurking in the shadows. I wasn’t sure how many of them had entered the battlefield, same as me. I couldn’t help but wonder if any had fallen. None of them had looked up to much when I had met them for the first time. Only Agrona had looked like she was vaguely useful on the field, but I hadn’t seen her since our encounter in the meadow.

“Asylum, are any of you oddballs skulking? We have someone new to welcome amongst our midst! Come out, come out, wherever you are..!”

Think Think Think
"Speak Speak Speak"
Fugue State
Tagged: @[Circuta], @[Seele] , @[Eris], @[Agrona],@[Amara] && any other members of the asylum!
Count: 475
Notes: Sorry this sucks!

Image Credits

Circuta Posts: 100
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 7 Buff: NOVICE
Rhawon :: Siberian Tiger :: None aeolle

CIRCUTA
</style>

my blood is singing with your voice
i want to pour it out

the lady had followed the white general far into the land, to a place where the ground was damp
and twigs attempted to stick to her long tail, and she raised it in
attempts to avoid dirtying her apparel in any way. she was not built for this
muck, she was meant for paved roads and the scent of flowers giving her a sweet
lullaby, not a junk-yard of various elements. she was not a flea-bag, a mutt
that would roll in the dirt and laugh at it's own mess.

her lips curled at the taste in her mouth and nostrils,
a stench that rose from the liquid.
the white general told her of what monster's lurked
in the depths, and she treaded with elegantly placed
steps. she did not wish for a ghoul or a vengeful ghast to drag
her into the depths, and she gazed towards the depths,
with a lack of fear,
but a deep respect. if what he said was true,
she was intruding in their land, and she would not wish to further
anger the restless souls.
"i.. understand, white general, and will not pass judgment on your homeland
yet. let my words remain to be spoken."

the white general called for the asylum, for the people,
and she stood next to him,
with swishing tail and sharp orbs, to gaze into the depths with a even stare.
she raised her dome in a attempt to keep her regal appearance,
for she would look well in front of possible rulers, would not look as a
creature that had come bellowing from the muddied streets in search of
food and rest. no, circuta would be as her home had taught her to be,
a mystique of grace and power.

what circuta liked least about this land, however, was that
she could not hear the wind through gnarled trees
that dug into the watery graves. It did not whisper it's voice to her on this darkening day.
she sighed a forlorn tune to the silence, and hoped the wind had told her
the correct path to turn down, indeed.

@[Arlo]
image credit to aeolle

Seele the Necromancer Posts: 210
Deceased atk: 5.5 |
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.2 hh :: five (ages orangemoon) Buff: NOVICE
Abba
That voice. Arlo. He'd finally returned from the Throat. What had taken him so long? Was the brute injured so badly he couldn't bring his wounded ass to be shown shame before my eyes. It didn't matter anyways, we had helped the Throat win - that was all that mattered. You were doing it for a good cause - helping someone keep their home, Innerste said proudly and I merely shook my head.

Pain. Continue to suffer... Unheil purred in my head, laughing at the true state of pain that was constricting over my frame. It was almost too much. Between my heart feeling as though some grasp was pulled so tightly around it and my lungs sectioned off like a cord was wrapped around the middle I couldn't get my heart to beat in the correct rhythm. And, my lungs were not allowing all the air in which I so desired to have causing me to suck in oxygen in small, short, successive breaths - as if I had been running for a long time and was out of breath. Instead, it was the soul of that colt Amara had talked too attempting to get back into a vessel once more.

Come out! Perhaps I didn't want to come out of this little corner of the marsh no one had yet to circle into. Perhaps I wished to stay in my little cove, safe from any wandering eyes or dangerous hooves. But, no. New member must be welcomed. And so, I would force myself to start moving again. I clambered to my feet, feeling every muscle groan in it's complaints of having to bear weight again, and I edged forward. One of my pupils was still slightly larger than the other, and the light did manage to bother me a tad - but the effects of the poison were gone and I at least had a clear head.

And, so I pulled from the trees and into the center clearing soundlessly. I eyed the mare, feeling the souls bouncing around in the atmosphere of these lands gleefully - as if they knew that she was much like us. She was taller, and much longer in the back and legs. Black with stars and white markings. Oh, and that lovely spear attached to her cranium. She held herself with a grace that could only be taught and part of me simply threw that off to the side. Grace, respect, manners - they were all things that were taught. But had she some kind of mental reasoning as to which would actually grant her our acceptance, our welcoming arms?

"Arlo." I spoke, raising an eyebrow. My voice was gravely, torn between an almost child-like voice and the natural soprano chords that spilled from my maw. The soul will not leave you. Unheil laughed, believing he had found a way to finally torture me. But, little did he know that my body was already winning the war against the shattered colt in my body. "Who is this?" I question, my jaw clenching as I felt my heart seize up for a few seconds - a flash of anger and pain shooting through my orbs and then immediately dissipating.

No name. No attempt to acknowledge the mare past a tiny bob of my head in hello. I wanted to hear from Arlo what he had dragged in. I wanted to know why he had been gone so long. I wanted to know how his fight had gone. But, it would be rude to bombard him with questions - and with the pain rippling through my body I did not have the energy to do so. So, shuffling my way back a little I allowed my weak frame to lean up against the base of a tree. If anyone tried anything they would get to be my guinea pig - I would see if I could really pull their soul from their frame...

671 words
I'm sorry it's so crappy ._.
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
Glory and Gore go Hand in Hand
That's Why We're Making Headlines
●☽ ☾●

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark
Amara
I was off bumbling through the Marsh with Sameira, the silence ringing through my ears. I had been sleeping earlier, curled up in a secluded corner of the Marsh with Sameira. We had slept for a while, our sides moving up and down at the same time. But now I was wide awake, my amber eyes gleaming in the light of the glowing trees. Sameira marched beside me, her little body brushing against me once or twice. Looking down at her, I smiled, giggling as she lolled her little pink tongue out.

When I looked up, I saw a flicker in the shadows, the shimmer of yellow. Opening my eyes, I smiled. I knew exactly who it was, exactly who lurked within the dark. Smiling, I marched after the moving shadow. "Seele!" I squeaked, bounding towards her. I raced along the trodden path, skidding to a halt in a desperate attempt to stop myself from falling into the cold water. I felt my hind legs slide off the edge. I squeaked, throwing my hind legs back onto the dirt. I launched myself forward, speeding towards the dark shadow.

I slowed beside the shadow, looking up. "Hi Seele!" I grinned, looking up at her as I walked beside her. I bounded ahead of her, a smile on my lips. I spotted two horses ahead of us, Arlo, a stallion who belonged to the Asylum, and another mare, whom I had never met before. Sameira had stuck around beside Seele, tired already. She was walking just ahead of Seele, but quickened her pace and rejoined me. I smiled down at her, and then looked at the mystery mare. "Hi there!" I looked at her, the smile still on my face. I looked back at Seele, wondering who this mare was and if she knew her. But her next words answered my unspoken question.

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
You're walking through some god-forsaken swamp, brown eyes glossed over and seemingly focused on something way too far off. Your shoulder bag is full again and you're rather pleased with yourself. Your venture to the Deep Forest with Lace-Face was rather uneventful and you never did find what you were looking for. She took you here, though, and boy did you hit the jackpot. In the Northwest corner of this murky land, where it meets the sandy beaches of the Endless Blue, your plant grows in abundance. The beautiful white and purple flowers reach up from the grounds just begging to be plucked and stored in your bag for later use.

Huge hooves take you sloshing through the marsh, no regard for whether you're standing in the murk or what dry land there is. You look like you've been rolling about in the mud and muck. Maybe you have, but maybe it's just weeks of dirt and debris built up on you. When is the last time it rained? You can't remember. You don't care anyway. It's not like you've ever tried to be clean. You've got more important things to take care of- like keeping your bag full and beating the shit out of anything that annoys you too much.

In this particular moment, you're walking on some of the little solid ground there is. Your path has been a little wavy, but for the most part you've been walking pretty straight. You don't know where you're going, of course, but that's never bothered you before. Suddenly, a horse fly lands itself right on your ass and takes a healthy size bite. A normal horse might have swished it's tail in irritation, stamped a hoof or trotted off a few steps. You take your reaction to a whole new level. You throw your head in the air, deep voice bellowing a call of disapproval into the air. You break from a walk into a strange gait- canter in front and trot in back- for a few paces before you suddenly crash your right shoulder into a tree. Brought to a sudden halt, you snort angrily. Without a second thought, one of your front hooves comes up and kicks backward at the stupid tree. Yes, you've made quite an entrance.

Taking a moment to get your shit together, you look up to realize you've crashed quite rudely into some gathering. Oh well. “What the fuck are you looking at,” you say, not sure that any of them are looking at you at all. Of particular interest is the mare who was leaning against the tree you so ungracefully became one with. Walking, or rather stumbling, a step to the side, you immediately try to move away from all these horses and find yourself strangely confused about why the hell you're here anyway. Stupid plants. And though you curse them, you would never live without them. So... are you supposed to be here? You're not sure. Lace-Face isn't here, but you kind of slipped away from her on accident. Better not leave, just in case.

Eris_ Posts: 97
Deceased
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1 :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Frostie
E R I S

Tha...thump...tha-thump...tha...thump...tha-thump... The walls dripped red with blood, around her she bathed in the freshly split blood. All around her, it filled the small cave that she rested in. Her eyes were closed, she dozed, falling in and out of consciousness. In her dreams she was the respected Queen, they fell to their knees before her. Not because they feared her, but because she could protect them. Because those who did not follow her, feared her. How much longer would she make her family wait until she could offer them a true home? It would happen soon, deep within her mind the leader knew that soon she would give them a beautiful home, one that was safe, well protected and she would rule them with Seele. Together they would make a great team. Each of them had their own quirks, strengths and weakness. Together? They would..no are unstoppable. A voice called her, blue orbs opened. Who wanted her now? Who was disturbing her quiet time? She felt footsteps moving around her. Why now?! Grumbling to herself she considered staying put and ignoring the call for as long as she wanted. No doubt someone would respond to the call.

Her duty as a leader her made the golden dun rise, then slowly she made her way towards the voice that had summoned them. If she wanted to be recognised the same way Seele was, it was about time that she started to take on the same amount of responsibility. Even if she'd rather sleep in. Keeping away from the murky water's edge, Eris watched the water as she strolled past it. How many had fallen pray to the depths of the hungry water? Would any of her members end up suffering the same fate? They had to get a home land soon. That much was clear. Arriving at the same time as some stag that was swearing his head off, Eris frowned. What was his problem? Turning away she offered a tentative smile to Seele and her little companion Amara. Then her orbs studied the new black and white horse that was being presented to them by...Arlo. She had heard Seele speak his name out just before. They had never had a conversation though. Seele asked about the mare that he had brought along, Eris' eyes rested back on her. She was pretty enough...would she any good for the family though? The new mare didn't look like a fighter or an officer sort...although she would make a great healer, spy or crafter. That of course depended on whether or not Eris and Seele accepted her into the group. After all, only they could give the final vote on members. Eris was appreciative of Arlo's efforts though. The Empress would find a way to reward him.

Glad for the fact that today was was washed, clean and presentable as a leader, Eris continued to glance between both mare and stag. For a while she did not have anything to say. Instead she moved to stand closer to Seele, presenting a united front was important. "What is your name?" Blue rested rested on the new mare, her intended target for the question. Her tone was not accusing or rude. In fact it was open, friendly. They needed members and Eris wanted to know if she truly had it within her to become apart of their little family. She didn't want to scare off the possibility to make their ranks stronger. Eris would, however, scare off anyone who threatened to make their ranks weaker. It was her job as a leader to give everyone a fighting chance to prove themselves however. It would not be hard to gain acceptance into their ranks. You had to be somewhat honest, able to bow to Eris and Seele, knowable about your rank or willing to learn. Oh. Of course. You also had to be as crazy as the leaders themselves. Those ideals or terms were not partially hard to achieve. At the same time, if Eris decided that she didn't like you...well you were not going to be allowed to stick around for long. Giggling to red hair mare continued to study the new mare.

" "
707 words.

They built my city on top of a grave,
Now the dead roam the street like a rotting parade,
Quarantined and forgotten for days,
These are the stories of those who have gotten away

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

Hooves slapped the filmy layer of bog water and mud concoction, spraying the liquid across my finely colored legs. I have been missing for a while now, not very long, perhaps no one even took notice. I know I surely had not noticed the length on my sudden disappearance; the poison was still not fully leached from my veins, my body had not yet allowed each drop of the vile mist to perspire from my pores. The moon licked the ground with a cool white breath, the light filtering through the air as it had for days now, far too long. Our pupils -those of us that had them any way- had dilated to an enormous size in order to seek out our paths. Now we all look like lost mice with large oil drop eye balls, creating an eerie stare in the most loveable faces.

I wandered on aimlessly, my head held low, bobbing up and down, swinging back and forth with the rhythm of my body. A deep voice, one that I know belongs to a herd member. Dark ears flick forward, brushing against the curved rack of antlers that jut from my skull. More voices, most that I know. I can feel the intense presence of my fellow crazy kin; a crooked grin spreads across my dark features at the thought of my family.

My heart begins to throb, possibly the aftermath of a small dosage of the remaining poison, perhaps due to the fact that I am simply... happy for a moment? My legs extend into a long stridden trot, carrying me toward the soft murmurs of my shit brained fellows. The trees seem to keep coming, rather than parting for me to reveal the small group of forbidden mental patience. Short breaths puff from flared nostrils, some out of anger and confusion, others quick breaths.

Finally they are louder, and I hear one of the leadess' voices. My pace slowly lowers to a walk once more before my stunning purple eyes drop down to search over how filthy I really am; mud is splattered and caked up my legs, dotting my chest quite nicely as well. There are sticks and moss wound into my less than perfect hair. Dear god, I look like a train wreck. No matter, they are family, they should not mind. My father surely never would taunt my hideous scratches and gnarled hair after a battle.

I emerge from the thicket of dead tree trunks and withered, lifeless branches, my laced face held high in the dank air as if I nonchalantly stumbled upon the group. "I thought I'd never have to see your ugly mugs again." My voice is cool and smooth, sultry in a way as I playfully attack the ones that I care for. Purple pools flick around the group, ears cocking backward and I fixate on an unfamiliar face. Eyelids drop lazily, creating an irritated look across my black and white face. "Who is she?" I grunt, the words coming from my throat in my usual rough tone.

The disheveled stallion that I wandered the forest for stood by himself, looking as far gone and dazed as he had at our first encounter. "What the fuck are you looking at?" his gravely voice rises from his chest, the pink haired Eris questioning who this strange newcomer is just as I'm sure we all have by now. A chuckle rolled up my throat from my chest, releasing itself into the air with an unfamiliar happiness. Has being sick thrown my brain off of the teeter-totter completely? Slowly, I move toward the large sack of skin and bones. "Oxy," I huff in a low voice, hoping to add onto the sentence but finding nothing to follow. Instead, I stop at where I hope is his left side, ears pressed forward and white, knotted tail swishing back and forth.

"Speak." Walk walk
Tagged: Asylum Herd (To many charries to type out)
AgronA
There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon

image credits
table by whit

Let me tell you something baby
You love me for everything you hate me for
[Image: 542f83afbdf08]
  • Please tag me in every post!

Sonya Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
She was bored. In truth, the amnesia-stricken mare had been for some time. She didn't have anything to do today, and she didn't have anyone to talk to. Following the path aimlessly, the grulla mare was in her own little blue world when a booming voice caught her attention. Jerking her scarred head up she slipped into the deepened darkness just a fraction off of the path to ensure safety and inconspicuousness. Despite wanting company, and perhaps needing it as well, the skittish flicka had not expected it so soon. Her wide eyes observed the few equines that passed nearby her hiding spot, all heading towards the place where the sound originated from. Several voices could be heard so the young lass knew that she was close to the location without trying to be. Anxiety flared up as she considered following after some of the others, for she had yet to meet all the members of this family. After an internal struggle she swallowed, deciding to brave meeting everyone. It wasn't like she'd be the focus of attention anyway.

Ears sticking like glue to her silver mane, she quietly moved out of the shadows with her head low. Her movements somewhat resembled a snaking motion with the position that her head was held. Her hooves moved lightly against the muddy track in spite of how high they were lifted with each jumpy stride, and her tail whipped her sides relentlessly. Every fibre in the mare's body was alert as she trotted unevenly in the darkness, her grey frame barely anything more than a ghostly, silver silhouette. Her nostrils were bombarded with the scents of equus, the fresh odours of her family. Sonya knew she would get used to it with time but right now it just made her nose wrinkle. There were more than she expected. Snorting the mare lifted her muzzle into the air as she saw the first wisps of hair and the figures of her family. More dialogue had passed in her time getting here, and as she crabbed to one side upon reaching the circle, choosing a place away from the others and a little further back, she worked her mind to figure out what was going on. Brown eyes scanned every single face gathered, all except Seele's unfamiliar to her. Noticing most regarding the mare standing beside a stallion, before the leads, it didn't take Sonya long to figure out what was going on and it made her more grateful that she'd joined the way she did. Fidgety, the mare shifted her weight frequently, moving laterally in addition as she listened silently.

Word count; 437
Muse; 50%
Tagged; The Asylum

Circuta Posts: 100
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 7 Buff: NOVICE
Rhawon :: Siberian Tiger :: None aeolle

CIRCUTA
</style>

my blood is singing with your voice
i want to pour it out

they come as ants do for a fresh meal, bodies and ships
sail from the darkness and breathe their wicked songs, demented
and crazed songbirds in hope of the sun again.
she sees many. and so she will recount them, in order.

the first one the wind sends her is a jester, she screams authority,
and the dark lady surely knows that this must be the queen. a queen, she changes,
as she remembers the white general mentioning two leaders, not one, singular.
the jester queen, she thinks, and almost cackles at the mental lyrics. but the jester
queen is gorgeous, her glass weaponry protrudes from her forehead, and her likes
and respect for this mare rocket to the heavens. she is a horned one, she is! and she is a queen,
and that makes it all the better.

she dips her frame in respect for the jester queen, forcing her
nostrils not to wrinkle at the unpleasant smell of the earth below.
when she rises again,
she addresses her before Arlo.
it is not lengthy, for she can understand when one wishes
not to speak directly with her, merely a statement of acknowledgment
to her rankings.
"my queen."
she whispers, in greetings.

the second she sees is but a young one, with wings of that of a bird,
and the shiny golden coat of a beetle. she comes with a smile upon
her maw, going openly up to the jester queen, and she hears the jester's
name upon the songbirds maw. seele, she says in her mind, tasting the name.
it fits.

she has a canine with her.
though, she notes, it does not look like
a regular beast.
"little songbird, greetings."
her lyrics are soft and gentle in directs to the young creation,
for although the wings at her back may be a disappointment,
she is still a child.

and then comes a ungraceful one, without that of weaponry
or wings, and yet they seem crazed. they bellow into the air before
crashing into the open, they are almost the same as
the white general, and yet she feels her elegant bodice
press closer to the cloudy flesh of the brute. it is automatic. and though she feels
distaste at the closeness, she feels a tad bit safer from the crazed brute.
his orbs are clouded.
he is no different. but he is special, too. a beast.
plaguebearer.

but she has no time to respond to him, for another comes,
this ant comes elegantly from the shadows, her mane that of
red wine, and her blue orbs that of the clear blue sky,
or the endless oceans. she gives a small smile
to the jester queen, and to the little songbird,
before resting on her.

she can see the new one is judging her, appraising
her with the looks of one who may recruit a warrior to the
army, and she notes that this must also be the second commander.
vermillion. she is the vermillion goddess.
and she repeats what she did in response to the jester queen,
she bows before the goddess, again, forcing herself not
to gag at the scents rising from the putrid earth.
but she does it, somehow, and rises herself again, indigo orbs
gazing at the vermillion one.
she speaks, lyrics gentle, almost kind.
she asks her her name, such a simple question,
and she replies in a equally soft, but respectful tone.
"my name, vermillion goddess? water hemlock, goddess. i am circuta."

and then the next two arrive in short succession of one another.
the first is a horned one, and again, she notes this with
no small degree of satisfaction.
this one is dark, her apparel not so vast from her own,
but what marks her as a specialty dish is that she has not one
weaponry, but two, long antlers that gleam
dangerously in the dim moonlight. she has the appearance
of one who is used to war, carnage, and she deems her the war goddess
in appropriation. she is covered in mud, and this helps
none her appearance of one that has just come from a battlefield.
she asks who she is,
and the dark lady hesitates to respond. she is not addressing her,
and it is not the correct way to respond if she were to
interrupt. and yet, then again, who was to respect her here,
if she shrivels away as a limp mouse, ready for the catching?

no, she knows they won't,
and so she speaks, directing her night sky
orbs unto the muddied one.
"circuta, war goddess, is my chosen name. it is a pleasure." she speaks her words
still in respect, she is not rude.
and it is in such that she speaks no further
when the war goddess directs her attention at the plaguebringer.

the last is a moon mistress, silvery and almost glowing in the light
from above. she does not speak, so she does not direct her attention towards her.
she simply gazes at her for a second,
before switching back to the queen and the vermillion goddess,
and she continues to press her black apparel against the white general,
hoping he will continue from here.

@[Arlo] @[Seele] @[Amara] @[Oxy] @[Eris] @[Agrona] @[Sonya]
[ Posting Circuta first, instead of Arlo with Stephy's permisson ]

Arlo Posts: 60
Hidden Account atk: 3.5 | def: 8 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16hh :: 6 HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Stephy
For all is not always fair
in love and war..
</style>

My attention from the mesmerising vixen I had brought back to the marsh was quickly redirected as Seele emerged, looking bedraggled and nowhere near her spectacular, if a little masculine demeanour. A slight concern clouded my icy blues, for she truly looked terrible. A haunted look had fallen over her pools, making them look ever darker than normal, there was definitely pain residing in my general that she was clearly determined to keep concealed from all of us peasants. I knew better than to ask what had happened, for she would only spit her harsh, guttural lyrics at me, telling me to mind my own business.

I opened my maw to answer Seeles question, demanding of me an introduction of whom I had brought into her midst. But, as I did so, Circuta jumped in ahead of me, addressing my general as queen. I chuckled inwardly, looking forward to see how she react to such brown nosing. I was pretty sure Queen was not something that the bull headed wench would appreciate, the curtsey would be another matter.

"Greetings Seele. This is Circuta. She would wish to join the clutch of the crazies. I, myself feel that she would fit in with ease, but of course, the final decision lies with you, General. I extend my apologies for not returning straight after our joint victory in the Throat. I am sure you have many questions, but perhaps this is not the time. I will be more than happy to answer anything you may wish to ask.."

Not long after I had finished my speech, the special winged thing bounced in, with her dog bounding after her. I still couldn't understand for the life of me why Seele had taken them under her wing. I couldn't see a use for them within our assortment of insane. She still spoke like some form of retard after all.. I didn't even bother acknowledging her, I didn't have the energy.

Besides, even more of our kind were slinking towards us. With the occasional shriek of a soul from underneath the quagmire, it really added to the atmosphere of irrational. We looked like a group of the undead, standing in a swirling mess of ghouls surrounding us.

Next to arrive was one I had yet to meet. He came barrelling in, like he was being hunted. He was large, and had some draft like features about him. My hackles raised, there was something about him that didn't quite sit right. He only served to get my back up more as he spoke. We might be a collection of oddballs, but rudeness wasn't a requisite to joining, and it pissed me off.

" I would suggest you watch your manners here, newbie. For after all, the majority of us are unstable.. you can never trust the truly mad after all.."

I snapped at him. Ignorant bastard.

They really were arriving thick and fast now. The next to enter was my other commander, the burgundy wine pelted Eris. I had to say, she could give Circuta a run for her money, the way the moonlight was illuminating her lithe, cerise skeleton, she looked almost edible. I watched her carefully as her orbs traveled over the crowned one next to me, taking in everything about her, judging her. I hoped she would see everything i had seen residing behind those beguiling periwinkle eyes of hers.

"Greetings Commander. I trust you are well."

I took this chance to give my beauty a slight comforting nudge, I hadn't expected this encounter to be quite so intimidating. Who knew this many of our collection had nothing better to do right now? I felt, with a slight warmth in my charcoal heart, as she pressed herself back into me, looking for a slight protection from this swarm.

All of a sudden, another pair of magenta pools came from the black. Agrona.. I had been looking forward to meeting her again. I was pretty sure she saw me as just a vain brute who contained nothing in his fine looking dial. I wanted a chance to prove her wrong, especially now that I was back in the driving seat of my own consciousness.

Hello, Dearest. How nice to see you again.."

I rumbled at her affectionately. She was the only one here that I particularly liked. I was starting to wonder why the abhorrent ones had joined this clique of cuckoos.

The last one to join in was yet another I had not met until now. She was quiet and did not speak to anyone. She was going to have to grow some courage from somewhere, otherwise she wouldnt last amongst this group of monsters..

"Welcome, I don't believe we have met before.. I am Arlo. And whom might you be?"

I decided to throw the little one a bone, try to get her out of her shell a little, for she would have to grow up fast.

Well then, lets not be rude. You all now know Circuta, but she has yet to know any of you. How about we remedy that now..? We can only be welcoming to another of our clan.. for, after all, nobody else will be.."

With that, I took up a position closer to her, pressing myself closer, letting her know I was there, should she need it..

Think Think Think
"Speak Speak Speak"
Fugue State
Tagged: @[Circuta], @[Seele] , @[Eris], @[Agrona],@[Amara] && any other members of the asylum!
Count: 835
Notes: my muse has deserted me :(

Image Credits

Skywalker Posts: N/A
Unregistered

His eyes have adjusted to the dimly lit, ghastly marsh; Skywalker moves carefully among the shadows and vines, taking great care where he places his feet. He is a fledgling waif among the dark, twisted roots and things that reside in this marsh, so his going is slow and thoughtful, still. But he moves nonetheless – so far he has only met a surly mare in these marshes and the slow passing of time has urged him to unearth additional company. He heads towards the sound of voices and sloshing, the gloomy marshland has held him starved for everything else but silence and he knows that he must gain the acceptance of his herdmates if he wishes for his ambitions to survive in the midst of rot and deluded minds.

They will know him, in due time, for his capability. But Skywalker has never been a friend of patience and he has long since made the decision not to wait idly in the shadows. As he walks the mud stains his legs; it is numbing cold and somehow refreshing. Gradually, the voices are growing louder and he knows that they are not some echoes in his head; this sudden rift in the sepulchral silence draws him like a fly to the stench of a corpse. And there they are, all strangers huddled in the eerie stillness that this graveyard provides, all manners and shapes and Skywalker finds himself probably the most unremarkable of them all. He has not made out any of their previous conversation and has no questions to answer; instead he stands quietly with his wintry eyes moving to each one in turn. Wings and horns and antlers, he thinks and wonders at how well any of them would fare against him in a battle, his obvious disadvantage disregarded. Skywalker knows his worth and he is anything but anxious about his feral expertise in the art he feverishly has taken for himself. Though of thin build and slanting shoulders, Skywalker is a warrior and he decides that none of these said lunatics will be able to best him, the assumption fuelled by his arrogance. He relaxes and does not mind the fact that he does not know who he should address first. Eris (though he does not know her name) is the first and only face he recognizes and he concludes that it is best to acknowledge the freckly, blood-haired mare first. This he does with a simple nod and a thin, humorless smile. He looks at the pale stallion who seems to hold everyone’s attention, then the mare he has in tow, who seems to be as unfamiliar to this place as himself. From there Skywalker’s eyes move on to the antlered mare with the strange marking on her forehead: he wonders at the meaning of it, if there is any. Next to fall under his sweeping, hard gaze is the monolithic brute with a strange pouch attached to his shoulder – Skywalker lingers for a moment, that strange, dazed quality of his eyes worries the black stallion. Finally, he proceeds, to a mare of wings and spun gold (he does not see her companion) and a mare that blends easily into the inky backdrop standing next to her. A horn that seems made of glass? How easily will it break?

“I am Skywalker,” he finally offers them all and for a moment his terrible pride seems less edgy, more humbled, “I am a warrior who wishes to join your ranks,” he concludes flatly and thinks to himself that there is no good way to make a first impression in a situation like this.

S K Y W A L K E R.

Eris
Arlo
Circuta
Agrona
Seele
Oxy
Amara

OOC: Sorry for crappy post and butting in, I thought it was a good way to meet everyone. And sorry if I forgot someone.

Abba
Everyone was joining us. It seemed that with the scent of a different person we had all come to investigate exactly what was happening. Good. It would keep us safe, keep us from randomly getting ambushed – even if most didn’t seem to necessarily be the strongest or most capable fighters. My name was squeaked by the young Pegasus, Amara. She pulled up beside me and began to ‘lead the way’ before I stopped near the tree, using it to lean up against and support my weaker frame. The filly continued to say my name, and I merely gave her a small nod, swishing my tail before asking Arlo exactly who the mare who was beside him.

Arlo said nothing, at first. No, he simply waited as the new mare allowed her voice to begin to emerge. But the voice does not emerge before the respect. She bows her frame down, dipping her head to the ground before she rises. My Queen. How lovely. Perhaps I could allow her to come into these ranks. Respect was evidently flowing from her maw and she did not allow any of it to seem sarcastic. Amara has granted her my name, but I cannot be mad at the young filly for she knows nothing better. Her soft voice welcomes the one whom I have taken under my non-existent wings and names her a ‘songbird’. That, yes that, I could definitely agree with.

He speaks up then, Arlo, giving greetings and then the black and white mare’s name. Circuta. She wishes to join and Arlo has given his miniscule mark of approval. He understands the final decision does last with us (both Eris and I) and then extends his apologies for not returning right away, acknowledging the burning questions in my skull as to where he had been. ”Another time. But, you are right. Questions are a plenty.” I state, yellow orbs obviously just a tad annoyed with this situation as a whole, but back to the possible new member. ”What about her makes you believe she is worthy of joining…” I pause, taking in a small breath before looking toward the one who had just bowed down a few minutes earlier. ”Circuta, in your opinion, why do you wish to seek refuge with us…” I say, this time actually addressing the mare now that I knew that she had come with Arlo and was not just some random person.
Of course, it didn’t take long for another unknown creature to come stumbling through quite rudely. The marsh waters were creating a sucking noise with each step of his hooves against the terrain as he sloshed his way closer and closer. I stood, ears pinned, as I awaited the frame that was bound to appear. Of course, before the frame appeared I felt the tree that was my stability. Idiot! The idiot seriously just slammed his body into a tree? He needs to learn how to control his own body! Schwere hissed, obviously as annoyed by the event as I, feeling his hooves connect with the tree again. And, as soon as he had seemed to collect his large frame he was pulling out into the middle of the gathering. His voice booming out and beginning to bother my ears as I pin them in annoyance at his lurking frame. What on earth is your problem?!” I hiss, yellow orbs glaring at him. ”And who the hell are you?!” My voice radiated anger, annoyance, authority. I was not in a good mood – and he would be the one answering for it, especially if he disturbed the tree that was keeping me standing again. It would definitely not be going well.

And then, Eris appeared as well, having shown up just as the stag had sworn about what everyone was looking at. A smile was given in my direction, and Amara’s, before she began to study Arlo and his new… companion. She said nothing for a few moments, her frame just moving to stand right beside me. The pain was still radiating through my body, my breaths small, short, fast. And my eyes still shone a fresh level of pain as my soul continued to fight with the young one’s soul that I had needed to channel for Amara. She asked the new mare who she was before a line of giggling notes filled the air.

Arlo snaps at the stag who had kicked the tree I was resting against and I cannot help but to laugh at his words. After all, it is true. So completely true. Circuta’s voice appears again, after having bowed down once more to Eris. Her words are a little strange, but I do not doubt that it is simply another thing that dares to set her apart from majority of this world. The only other strange tongue I had run across had been Confutatis, who we had not laid eyes upon in a while. Where is that violent mare with the skull-mask of a face who was used to cause death and destruction?

Again, another one showed up. The antlered mare, covered completely in mud. She appears from the area where most of the dead shrubs had been before her voice rings out and twists around the floating cadavers. ”And I thought one might be able to know how to keep themselves clean when they are of the age you are, Agrona…” I shoot back, a smirk resting upon my maw as I gently dip my cranium in a form of welcome, listening as she also asks who the new black and white mare is. But no one was asking who this stag was that had so rudely stumbled in and almost caused my legs to give out and my frame to collapse on this disgusting land. Another laugh, and then she edges toward the stag who, upon closer inspection, was really just a bunch of skin and bones. Agrona labeled him as Oxy with her gruff voice before resting her frame near his left side. ”How do you know him? Did you bring this bumbling buffoon here?” I continue, glaring toward Agrona . This bag of skin and bones had disturbed me, and almost made me look even weaker than I ever wished to appear by nearly knocking my frame off of the tree. I wanted to know if he was simply a friend, or someone she had wished to recruit into our ranks.

Circuta seems to know that Agrona is not a leader, and so, while a little hesitant, she responds when not directly spoken to. A pleasure, she calls it, and I can already feel myself quite glad that she might be joining our ranks. Respect. Soft voice. Definitely someone who could coerce others into liking her presence and possibly gain information. She would have a place with us, if Eris also agreed with this information. Arlo speaks to Agrona, dawning her dearest and part of me is wondering what is so different about her that she is given the name dearest and some affectionate tones. But, it does not bother me. After all, I can still feel a small twinge of feeling at the idea of Tio. I would need to bring him here soon – find a way to aid him on his quest so that he no longer has to be crippled anymore. Just the image of him crippled sickens me. He had been strong. He had been someone I hadn’t minded joining ranks with. I did not wish to see him so. Amara and he – they were the only ones I had felt anything for since stumbling into these lands. I hoped that would not change.

More people. So wonderful. This time it was Sonya – the mare stricken with amnesia. She said no words, but shifted her weight as she stood off to the side, watching every single person that was present at this gathering. Watching. Waiting. Attempting to figure out where she fit into the equation. We would find something for her to accomplish – we would. It would just take us a little bit. She wasn’t a fighter, she had no muscle for it. Perhaps when we gave this new mare and this buffoon their jobs she would be granted something to work at as well. Maybe, just maybe, she could concentrate on the art of healing and learn basic herbal remedies. Perhaps attempting to save our already ruined souls would be of a better avenue than attempting to tear more away from their vessels.

Arlo speaks to Sonya, sweet calm, polite. Trying to pull her out of her shell. ”Sonya, do not be afraid. You are doing well, I see?” I say, giving her gentle bob of my head in welcoming. And, then, I see Circuta has pulled herself in closer to Arlo’s frame – as if for protection. I feel as though this had been done during the chaos that was this ‘Oxy’s’ arrival, but I cannot be sure. I wince a little in pain before Arlo’s voice calls back out, saying to not be rude. He closes the little bit of distance left between himself and Circuta and allows his taller, white frame to rest up against hers, offering her something stable to lean against.

A ragged breath escapes my mouth before I open it to speak only to stop suddenly and pin my ears again. Another is approaching, and once more I do not recognize the scent that has lingered into my nares. The stag lingers for a moment. No horn on his head, no wings upon his back. Thin build, slanting shoulders, but he does not look weak. That is good. He nods in the direction of Eris and I and gives a thin smile, but since I do not recognize him I can only assume he has seen Eris before. He scans everyone, as if sizing them up, before his voice fills the air. Skywalker. A warrior. Wishing to join our ranks.

I pause, no longer willing to offer my name as I had been planning on doing a few moments earlier. ”And what, dear Skywalker, makes your soul tortured enough to wish to join a band of crazed minds and tortured souls?” I question, feeling all of the souls as they cackle in laughter and joy at the meeting of crazed souls. They had found a home, because of Eris and I, and they were more than willing to welcome all of these new creatures into our holds.

All the new people, the familiar faces, and the questions. It was never-ending. Though, I couldn’t help but to enjoy the fact that we were gaining new family members.

1,823 words
So many people - Not tagging anyone.
And, please don't tag me anymore in this thread.
I'll just keep checking back. So many messages came in from just this thread
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●

Florabella Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Legs shuffled and voices chattered in the small portion of the meeting between them. Each colored equine acted as a moving blur with sounds echoing across the terrain in which they stood on as a herd. A herd. No predators would strike the straggler as easily as if a foal were alone without protection. It was lively in its own mood without the antagonism brewing in the midst of it all. It offered relief, and hope this would find a way to sprint through the maze of horses and minds alike until the finish line would end and introductions made.

Her heart was large to match with the large form of her body bred into her through generations of various blood. The muscle pulsed, but it fluttered rapidly in its beat through the thrill of meeting more horses, but the fear of how the relationships would form. It was the thick anxiety swelling in her consciousness, but it had been minor progress since it loosened – like dirt to mud – in a slow process. Hooves left tracks in the Helovian earth as the homely body stumbled and walked towards the opening until the closest living creature was close enough.

There were a plentiful amount of beings she had not yet acquainted herself with. She glanced at the unfamiliar faces with a neutral expression; eyes sleepy and not entirely alert nor blooming with an apparent emotion. The rotation of her neck lead to one she knew of and it aided her in lowering the awkwardness she felt. The distraction of memorization (though she felt their faces will be blurred in two different perspectives later on) ended as her head snapped up towards the reaction of Seele towards another stranger.

Does this always happen? She wondered curiously yet nervously. It wasn’t the most peaceful event with the upcoming of a stallion entering, but it wasn’t anything about to scare her away…entirely.

Word Count: 318
Tag(s): The Asylum
Comments: *zebra noises*

Amara Posts: 136
Outcast atk: 6 | def: 8.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 years HP: 60.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sameira :: Royal Hellhound :: Hellfire dark
Amara
So many gathered, all in this space. I shrank away from the noise, ears flicked back. I looked desperately for Seele, a frown on my lips. I shrunk back, sliding in beside her. I pressed myself closer to her, trembling a little. I could feel the little colt tremble as well, so... so many. His little voice piped up, echoing for a short while. Sameira sat patiently at my side, her ears perked as she listened in. I stood, scanning over the many horses. The big, burly stallion who shouted had scared me, making me jump. I was so small compared to all these horses, afraid one of them might step on me or Sameira. So I hung beside Seele, watching as they flooded in. Eris came along, followed by Agrona, and a few others I didn't know. Another mare entered late, and I shrunk away from her.

I looked at all the grown horses, amber gaze flickering. I looked up at Seele, noticing she wasn't looking good. I scanned over her, taking note of the fact that she was slumped against a tree. I frowned, feeling concerned. Why was Seele in such bad shape? I gasped faintly, realizing she might be like this because of me! I had... I had done this! It was because Seele had let me talk to the little colt! Guilt pierced my side, a sharp claw dragged down my abdomen, a painful bite to the side. I winced, opening my mouth. I was going to ask Seele if she felt alright, but decided not to talk.

Instead, I took note of the horses. Seele addressed two horses as Skywalker and Sonya, but Skywalker wasn't apart of the Asylum, was he? Was he apart of our family? Sameira grumbled at him. Does this mean a no? But she was grumbling and snorting at a lot of the horses, horses she hadn't met. I looked down at her, giving her a warning glare. She looked at me innocently, her little eyes twinkling. I huffed, looking away from her, and instead looking at the horses around me. The black mare had earlier introduced herself as Circuta, a new member Arlo had brought to our family.

Oxy the Addict Posts: 322
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.2hh :: 9 [Tallsun] HP: 73.5 | Buff: DANCE
Unnamed :: Common Boggart :: Mayhem Sevin
They come, from nowhere and everywhere at once. Appearing from the dark, moon-lit night like bats from their cave. You're still not sure you're supposed to be here and you're getting ready to leave, when you see her. Lace-face. At least you know you belong now, but it's no wonder you didn't recognize her. She's covered in filth... she looks just like you, a vehicle for mud and murk and anything else that she may have walked through. Did you do this to her? You rack your brain, thinking back. Surely she led you from the forest to here, or else you would not have found this forsaken stench-hole. But what happened after that? You took one of your plants out of your bag and ate it, secretively so she would not be inclined to ask from one... everything after that is a hazy mess. You let the thoughts go, knowing you will not find the answers you are searching for in your drugged mind.

You don't have much time to think, anyway. Some fool in white is sending angry words your way. I would suggest you watch your manners here, newbie, and he continues on. You laugh, and then you laugh again. The sound is gravely and deep, unsettling, perhaps. What a clown, you think to yourself as you look over him. His flowing locks and shining coat make you think he's nothing but a pretty boy before your voice rumbles forth again. “You gonna talk me to death or you gonna come do somethin' 'bout it?” You issue your challenge without a second thought, voice commanding and billowing. You're a little arrogant when it comes to fighting and you have no qualms about taking this stallion on. He's half a foot shorter than you, as far as you can see in the darkness, and somewhat lighter of build. He would hit faster, but you would hit harder. Your tail swishes behind you in aggravation. You left your home to leave the judgment and you find it here worse than ever.

Everything about this little meeting seems to be centered around some unicorn mare, anyway. The one that is black of hue and spattered with white. You're pissed off, ready to walk out of this gathering you couldn't care less about, then lace-face says your name. Oxy. Your ear flickers and you look at her as she comes up beside you. Somewhere in the depths of your drug-numbed soul is a shred of loyalty. Lace-face has won it, perhaps because she dealt with your initial chaos with such class, perhaps some other reason. Whatever it is, you turn to look at her. Your dark brown eyes are cold, but not for her.

In the distance, the pretty boy stallion calls lace-face darling. Your ears flick backwards and you whirl your head to glare at him- a second warning. Your patience is wearing thin, but she's not yours. Why do you care? Your hooves step apart widely as you turn, so that you do not topple over, then you speak again. “Lace-face,” your voice is quiet this time, for lace-face only. You still don't know her name (not that you care for names) and among all your shouting you miss the glass-horned mare saying it. “You didn't tell me there'd be a pretty boy begging for a beating.” Your voice is still quiet, for the mare only. You've already told the stallion all he needs to hear.

It's then that you remember the glass-horned mare was just shouting at you as well. You almost forgot in all the chaos and you still haven't answered her. You suspect she'll be waiting for your words, though again you don't care if you answer her or not. You bob your head as you turn to look at her, your black horns glinting in the moonlight. You're so close. It would be so easy to walk over to her and shove them down into her spine. You grumble, pleased at the thought. There's too many here, though. Even you, massive in stature as you are, cannot take on 10 others (or however many there are here) at once.

“I'm fine. I don't need your help,” you growl to her as she calls you a bumbling buffoon. Your words don't exactly make sense, as she's not talking to you. You're just tired of getting treated like an outcast fool again. It's like you're back in your fathers herd. You left there because you hated it. You're getting the feeling you're going to hate it here too. “Pretty boy's offer extends to you too,” you finish. The thoughts of home combined with the effects of the plants are too much for you and they're clouding your judgment. You can only hope lace-face will forgive you. Then, out of habit, you glance at your bag and touch your nose to it. A few of the stems peak out from underneath the flap that covers it. That's why you're here. You're here because the plants grow here and keep your bag full. But then you look back to lace face and you wonder if you're not here for something else too.

Skywalker Posts: N/A
Unregistered

They take turns speaking, exchanging useless information and bartering with identities, some demands are made and Skywalker finds himself amidst it all, bored already. He is efficient with his time, has always been, and this lazy manner in which they acquaint themselves with each other settles on his shoulders, an aggravating itch. They should have better things to occupy themselves with, he thinks sullenly as the pouch-carrying Oxy dawdles in petty hostilities. But he remains quiet and his face does not bear testimony of his disapproval. Instead he glances at the Pegasus huddling in the shadow of the glass-horned mare, he lingers with her for a moment, as if he were a wolf of slathering jaws made aware of it’s prey. The moment, however, is brief and his attention soon shifts to the mare that is addressing him – he ignores the rest of their company; while she has not given him her name she has betrayed her authority by the simple whim of her demand. He narrows his eyes, fixating her in the stinking dark, and they are like rain falling slowly. Then follows another smile: a mockery of the sentiment it is supposed to convey. “I am not so much tortured,” he answers coolly and raises his ugly head to a proud, haughty inclination without ever releasing her gaze, “as I am obsessed.”

He does not care to explain further, as he doubts that any of them would truly understand the fever that constantly haunts him, the desire that he can never abandon, the lack of sleep, the hunger and the constancy of his irrationale. How could they possibly begin to fathom the immensity of his sickness; that fearful ambition turned into murderous plight – that godforsaken thing that never relinquishes its steely grip around his throat? No, they will not understand, and nor will they want to when they realize that whatever it is that drives him relentlessly onwards is the selfsame thing that, in time, will bring them glory, supremacy, irrevocability.

Skywalker, terrible engine of death and pestilence, is come unto them, a messiah.

S K Y W A L K E R.

Agrona Posts: 115
Hidden Falls Tiro atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: Seven HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Adoptable

More faces flood my vision as yet two more curious minds peek into our tight-knit crowd. My ears stay rotating on a certain swivel that reacts to each voice as it bounces through the muggy air. So much hot breath being exchanged at once, I can feel the temperature of every one's body crawling, wrapping around me like a cloak. Arlo's company, the sleek looking ebony mare, went over every one's questions and concerns at her appearance one by one, her voice full of emotion and respect. Purple eyes flick from the equally strange gaze of the new mare, Circuta, to the yellow glare of clown face Seele, just before drifting back to the unhealthy stallion that I now stood beside. This is when Seele mocks me, a smirk twisting up on my dark maw.

"Lace-face," a gentle greeting, followed by a quiet addition that was fueled by noticeable irritation. Oxy certainly did make some sort of entrance that I must have missed, as every one was suddenly shooting cold comments and curses toward him. My ears slammed back against my thick white mane and my deep stare shifts to the skeleton beside me. Seele's voice rises once more, her accent and Arlo's deep voice driving daggers into my gut. Have I done wrong to bring this nut case home? No, this is where he belongs.. with the other nut cases.. right?

The bitter scold of Seele's rough voice bites me hard, causing a sharp snort to erupt from full lungs, blowing mucus through the air. "Enough!" I growl, snapping my jaws tightly toward Oxy's muzzle. A threat, nothing intended.. for the time being. "Seele, this is Oxy. I apologize for his unexpected appearance." Finally my ears propped back up, the left brushing against the side of my long, twisted antlers. "Why he decided it was a good idea to clamor in is beside me. He's just like us, only... dizzier it seems." My memory attempts to dig up the blurry vision and dancing feet I had endured just hours before.

I draw in a deep breath, holding my tongue before I decided to allow the words to continue vomiting from my mind and into the air. As I suck in wind, I can feel something in my back pop, releasing a tense muscle. Thank fucking god I moan in my skull, thankful for the pop. Finally, my attention is directed back to the star painted mare, picking her every feature apart. She truly is a beauty... but then again, so am I, and Seele, and Eris, and every other mare here.. look where all of our brains have ended up. She mustn't be very special.

A short laugh, more of one chuckle really, emits from my chest as my brain finally gathers that new girl has called me "War goddess." "I like her, Rapunzel." Purple orbs flit back toward the white stallion; from what I remember at our first actual meeting, he was filthy with the rust colored blood of some creature. A sigh rolls from my momentarily open maw, teeth snapping as my jaw shuts once more. So much action in such a small space, my chest feels tight.

"Speak." Walk walk
Tagged: Asylum Herd
Ooc: Sorry if some of this doesn't make sense, I'm being rushed off!
AgronA
There is no pain you are receding
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon

image credits
table by whit

Sonya Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Her mind was in chaos as she watched, the stress she felt threatening to obscure the memories she had made since arriving here. That is what it felt like at least. The likelihood of her amnesia getting worse was slim. The others were carrying on their conversation, and the hostility in some of the words exchanged was not appreciated by the fearful grulla. Bobbing her head slightly she slipped into a little world of her own to escape such snappish remarks, and it took her a moment or two to register the fact that someone was talking to her. Shaking out her ghostly coat she regarded the stallion for a while. He was the one that brought this meeting about, so he was a family member. In some warped perspective he was her brother. The idea amused the silver lass, and the joy she felt in having people to look after her allowed her to settle into the situation a little more as she let quiet words drift from her lips. "Hello Arlo. My name is Sonya," her tone was subdued but clear, each word pronounced enough for him to hear her so that she could get away with not projecting her voice very far. She could not bring herself to say 'I am' for she knew not of who Sonya was, something that ceased to bother her. It was something she was still trying to work out, but it was a fresh start. She snorted softly. Despite her slight reluctance to talk she was grateful for the acknowledgement. It made her feel a little safer in the notion that she belonged here, and her dull eyes lit up a little.

A stallion turned up then. Like her own entry he was silent, and he seemed to assess everyone - or at least, everyone he noticed. His entrance though was more impressive; it was hard to miss his presence as he assessed each equine like they were objects as opposed to people. She slipped under his radar, what with her grey coat she blended into the shadows quite nicely, and she was able to focus on Seele, who also spoke to her. "As well as can be expected," she spoke with thoughtful tones. In truth she knew not what was expected, but it seemed a fitting answer as once past her outer layer of nerves at seeing so many species gathered in this small area of the world she was pretty much neutral. There was no happiness and no sadness. Acceptance, perhaps, of her condition but nothing more. With a small chuckle she added onto her sentence. "I have an appropriate coat at least!" again her words were quiet, referencing the condition she had been in when she would up in Helovia with a summer coat in the middle of winter. The snippet of an anecdote would only make sense to Seele but she did not care. It was they, the stallion and the unicorn, wanted wasn't it? For her to be less quiet, less shy? Becoming more at ease with the situation the mare forced herself to stand still and just let the scenario unravel before her. There was no way of controlling what was going to happen, and there was no need to be afraid of it. Everyone gathered here... they only had each other really. No one else would accept them the same way. This band was certainly all she had, and she needed to get a hold of herself if she was to remain here.

Next to enter was a mare. Again, it was someone she did not know but that was hardly surprising. Smiling slightly, Sonya did her best to welcome the stranger who seemed fearful mutely. This bay mare's actions were better than her own behaviour had been but that didn't stop the onslaught of annoyance - she felt so pathetic at having reacted the way she did. This was plenty enough to steel her nerves. She would try harder. Of course this late comer was not the only one showing signs of fear. The little filly was as well, but she was by Seele so the silver dapple mare felt no need to make it known that the flicka was wary. Besides she so young it wasn't surprising. Sonya's attention was caught by the stallion that had a bag thrown over his back. Ears folded back tightly at his threat even though it was aimed at others, her teeth gritting. How dare he challenge Seele to the fight? Yet the grulla said nothing. She was not good at confrontation, and she knew there were others that were much for adept to protecting the lead. Still, it played on her mind. And then she noticed the stalks in his bag, and her fury faded to curiosity. What were they? Radars pricking she watched with interest for a moment or two longer before tearing her gaze away. She did not want to be caught staring; she did not want to be noticed by this irate fellow. Instead her eyes moved to Agrona, listening to her before her gaze eventually wandered back to Circuta, some sort of empathy rising inside her chest. This greet was very difficult for her because out of everyone here she only knew Seele, but at least she had the safety of being a member. The pretty mare didn't even have that...

Word count; 900
Tagged; The Asylum

Seiren Posts: 43
Outcast
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5
Adoptable

SEIREN

Your life means nothing to me.

So many voices.

Screams, shouts, and yells rang in the silver’s drum. There were too many names and bewildering conversation that hailed from the unknown voices. Who were these people? The fae had never run into this many horses in the marsh before. Was this something new? Did she miss something last time she arrived? Seiren wandered around here a lot and did not run into a single soul. What was so different about today? Now it was as though a herd of elephants appeared out of nowhere! Letting out an annoyed sigh, Seiren stomped her dark hoof on the soft earth below in agitation. This was the reason why she did not have a home. It was so she would not have to deal with something like this! Everything that the voices said she heard, unfortunately. Swiftly she slipped through the marsh getting a better look at the crowd. Dark orbs squint to try make out the silhouettes of the horses. There were many dark figures and Seiren could not make out one of them.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz. d’Art. Ghost. Mauja hates..you. Your life is ruined…

Seiren’s mind was buzzing in agitation. Thoughts spilled endlessly and she could not focus on anything. All of the yelling was giving her such a migraine that her thoughts actually started screaming at her. Squeezing her eyes closed, Seiren wanted to badly to scream back, but she could ever hear herself over the hum of these bitches! She wanted these fools to shut the fuck up now! This was where she was planning to sleep tonight and this was where she was staying! She did not feel like moving now, it was too late. The silver couldn’t take how loud they were being and there was no way that she would be able to sleep. That was it. They were going to feel her wrath…

Walking quietly, she slipped behind the closest soul that she could find (Skywalker). Taking a deep breath, she waiting until the last person spoke and then quickly interrupted before anyone else had a chance to speak . “Well, darlings, aren’t you a noisy bunch.” She faked a smile as her lip twitched in agitation. She hoped that if she pretended to be nice, they would shut up. If they did not she was going to go mental on them all. They did not deserve to know her name and they did not deserve another explanation. They did deserve to be told to shut up because they were annoying the absolute shit out of her and if they didn’t shut up now , then surely their blood would be on her tongue tonight…

Seiren talk blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

[Image: tablesei.png]

Abba
Why had so many come? Did we honestly have this many members, this many who had been called to these depths and felt the desire to come at the first sign of a noise. I leaned against the tree, letting out deep breaths as I allowed my soul to continue it's battle with the one who did not understand why it was not wise to attempt to take over my own vessel.

I noticed Florabella standing off to the side, her frame tentative and filled with nerves. But, I did not have the energy to pretend to care fully, to pretend as if I could wipe away her fears. She would have to learn how to handle herself around a gaggle of horses who were far from sane.

Sonya responded to my words. She was as well as could be accepted. And, it seemed that she had also gained an appropriate coat. I manage a small laugh. "That is good. Please. Do join, learn you herd-mates." I offer, still keeping my frame leaning against the tree in order to keep myself standing. The winged one came in closer and closer to my frame. I could feel her trembling against her legs. There was a frown on her face as she glanced up to me and her hunde sat patiently beside her. It was with the noisy entrance of this seemingly high stag that caused many to jump. Florabella's crown shooting up to my snapping as he ran into the tree that was keeping me standing. Amara jumped instantly, clinging in even closer.

And Arlo had snapped at him. It was lovely. But I didn't care, as long as no violence kicked out. I didn't feel like testing what it was like to pull some things. This stag snapped back, asking if Arlo was going to do something about it. He says something about being fine, about not needing help, and then extends the same offer to me. I snort, a laugh filling the air. "Darling. You don't want to know just what's going to happen if dare attempt to come near me." I pause, listening to Agrona's explanation, as she smirked at my retort, of this creature, of Oxy, and after a delicate bob of my head I turn back toward Oxy, "Well, Oxy. Other than walking into trees, what do you offer us," I inquire, venom still swirling on my words from the annoyance at almost losing my footing when he knocked his body into the tree.

Not tortured as obsessed. The truth spills from his maw and a smirk twists upon my jowls. Skywalker has answered my question as he keeps his gaze upon me. I take a breath before allowing the hot air to escape my lungs. "Welcome, Skywalker. You can join our ranks as a fighter - at the bottom until you have proven otherwise. I am Seele," I say, before turning my attention away from him and onto the next body that had wandered into these depths.

More rudeness. I was about done. "Schauen, was die Katze schleppte..." I hissed, yellow orbs narrowing as I glanced toward her. "What do you want, Fräulein?" A tiny pause. "And who are you?"

560 words
it sucks. i'm sorry |:
translations-
Schauen, was die Katze schleppte... = look what the cat dragged in...
Fräulein = young lady (she used it in a sarcastic sense)
SEELE
Credits
●☽ ☾●
●☽ ☾●