the Rift

[OPEN] My heart is your shield;

Muriel Posts: 54
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16.2hh :: 6 Years 4 Months
Brit

image by pinksherbet @ flickr.com</style>

Skinned knees, wet face, crystal tears that splashed and darkened the warm rocks of the earth below her. Crumpled wings, flightless, scared. Shrunken pupils as she was left in the all consuming darkness that followed the absence of the gods. Crying out, shrieking, sobbing desperately for her beloved. He had not come. When had he ever come, she had thought with a golden crystal heart shattering inside her ivory ribcage. It had never been he who had spent night and day scouring the edges of the earth for the flicker of a soul that meant more to him than any other living thing. It had never been him to turn and extend his hand to her, kiss away her tears and place his lips upon her scrapes and bruises tenderly, leading her into the light from the darkness she was secretly enveloped in as well. Always, it had been her. She was forever abandoned by his gypsy soul, his wandering heart disloyal and uncaring. Her own had been the trail behind his aimless walkers, trodden and used only as a means to a goal. She had given him her heart, in all its innocence and sincerity, and he had carelessly let it fall from her shaking hands to shatter upon the ground of his stoic lack of emotions. Everything, she had given him. And everything, he had taken. There was nothing left of her to give, and nobody left to give it to had she had anything left. He'd taken her heart the last time she'd seen him, angry and bitter as her presence disturbed him, and used it to cushion his feet from the shards he had drug her through, free from the guilt that illogically she felt heavy upon her own soul.

So it was to here she returned, time and again. Where she first had realized that she was not worthy of love, of recognition. That she would always be the one aching for the love of another, only to have her pure intentions stained and ripped, tainted, by the evil actions and choices of others. Was it her thoughtlessness? Her simple way of thought? Was she somehow...impossibly...too kind? Was it a bother to those who did not approve of it? Was it somehow, in their eyes, a weakness? One that therefore reflected upon her nature, made her seem weak and unwanted in return?

Soft click of her fuchsia hooves upon stone brought her back, wondering idly why she was so melancholic on this day. Was it that her mind was weary of waiting for someone who would never return? Was it worth it, to give up all friends she could possibly make, for someone who had never wanted her in the first place? How far could someone take loyalty?

Birdsong only amplified the warmth of the sapphire lava that melted slow and saplike through the deep ebony rocks. It washed away the chill from her flight, the calm electric glow soothing her somehow. She served no God, had never met them, and yet the celestial presence was obvious, and it made her feel loved, protected.

Her calm was shattered by the soft sound of muffled, but clearly tense, voices. One held a twinge of something familiar, and an uncharacteristic frown stretched her roseate lips as she quietly advanced towards the sound, curious. And who was to meet her eyes, but the kindly mare who had been so innocent when Muriel had stupidly staked her worthless claim upon Leliel. Onni was her friend, in her mind, even if the painted doll did not think the same. She deserved to not like Muriel after what the pink doe had done to her, but her anger and diamond tears was cause for concern. Then, her mulberry eyes flickered over to the other party, a unicorn, nameless and faceless to her, but someone who Onni clearly did not like. Odd, considering Onni was the kindest soul she had ever been blessed to encounter.

Instantly she is at Onni's side, though she gives her space, for there is no contest in who she will support. Twisting her crown she offers her muzzle hesitantly towards the kindly mare, wishing to brush muzzles or wipe a tear from her cheek should she not turn to face Muriel. "It's okay, Onni," she murmured softly, a quiet look in her plum eyes that told the painted doe that she had Muriel's full support, that she was there, and it would all be okay. Those eyes, normally so full of spirit and genuine happiness and geniality, became shards of amethyst as she pinned her harks dangerously against her cranium, taking a step ahead of Onni, her closer two wings extending as if to shroud her from view, become a shield. A very clear statement: you want her, you have to get past me. Muriel had always been one to give loyalty quickly, and hold it forever. "You are upsetting my friend, stranger. Speak your business or leave." It is so different from her normal voice, cold and sharp like the blade of a knife dipped into dry ice. Ready to burn in the oxymoron of heat in the form of cold. In the blue glow, she is a flame of intimidating size, gold and rose decorations inlaid within her skin, amethyst gaze hawklike upon the one who had so disturbed and upset the kindly mare at her side.

::
Hope I'm not intruding~ have Muriel muse <3

MURIEL</style>
 trust is like a piece of paper- once it is crumpled it can no longer be perfect.</style>

Messages In This Thread
My heart is your shield; - by Onni - 09-07-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: My heart is your shield; - by Antheia - 09-07-2013, 09:53 PM
RE: My heart is your shield; - by Onni - 09-08-2013, 05:35 PM
RE: My heart is your shield; - by Muriel - 09-08-2013, 08:42 PM
RE: My heart is your shield; - by Antheia - 09-09-2013, 06:27 AM
RE: My heart is your shield; - by Onni - 09-14-2013, 10:50 PM
RE: My heart is your shield; - by Muriel - 09-20-2013, 01:29 AM
RE: My heart is your shield; - by Antheia - 09-22-2013, 07:58 PM
RE: My heart is your shield; - by Onni - 09-26-2013, 07:43 PM