the Rift

[OPEN] My heart is your shield;

Onni the Illuminant Posts: 194
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 8 Buff: SWIFT
Lyhty :: Diamond Firetail Finch :: Sing Boom Boom!

dreaming my dreams with you . . . </style>

The face of an angel appears in the night, but another tear wrestles itself out of Onni's pale eyes anyway. The face is distant, a memory that fogs over in the heat of her soul, tearing itself apart with such violent force. The only thing registering in Onni's slicked back ears is the pounding of her own heart, the shudders of a soul fighting against its nature. She had been injured, stabbed, beaten - her home had nearly be usurped from her family. The malicious features of this other horned mare tore deeper into the wounds on her heart, severing the ties with what Onni would normally be.

A kind, gentle soul.
A caring soul.
A warm soul.
A pure soul.

Instead, she felt angry, heedless, and most of all offended. Here, in the throne of the Gods, the Illuminant should have peace. However, one thing in Helovia stands true - you rarely find peace when you desperately need it.

The warmth of touch upon her battered face is finally felt, and Onni's chest lets out a shuddering breath. Her eyes turn to look upon the mare, so beautiful and ethereal. Beauty that was not natural to the world, as though the Sun God himself had crafted her as one of his personal angels. However, it was a face she knew, somewhere in her mind, and the whispering of Onni's name only emphasized that thought.

"Muriel," the painted mare whispers finally, remembering her encounter with Leliel and the daringly bold girl proclaiming her love so blatantly for him. The brilliant sheen of the mare moves, speckled feathers raising defensively before the tobiano, as if to shield her from the view of the unicorn. Onni takes shaking steps forward on limbs hurt, torn, bleeding, leaning her face to rest upon a pale coat, finding strength in the word friend. Warmth floods her body, like a breath of life returned to her soul, shaking loose the feelings harbored dark in her heart.

Friendship. Were they friends? Onni hoped so.

The sound of a teary eyed mare and sordid words fill the air, but the shaman cannot fix the heart of another when her own is strewn across the floor. Instead, she just sighs, feeling lost on how to help this girl. On how to help herself. Looking up toward the starlit sky, Onni prays.
She prays for sunlight.

ONNI</style> image by ejpphoto @ flickr.com</style>

Messages In This Thread
My heart is your shield; - by Onni - 09-07-2013, 01:37 PM
RE: My heart is your shield; - by Antheia - 09-07-2013, 09:53 PM
RE: My heart is your shield; - by Onni - 09-08-2013, 05:35 PM
RE: My heart is your shield; - by Muriel - 09-08-2013, 08:42 PM
RE: My heart is your shield; - by Antheia - 09-09-2013, 06:27 AM
RE: My heart is your shield; - by Onni - 09-14-2013, 10:50 PM
RE: My heart is your shield; - by Muriel - 09-20-2013, 01:29 AM
RE: My heart is your shield; - by Antheia - 09-22-2013, 07:58 PM
RE: My heart is your shield; - by Onni - 09-26-2013, 07:43 PM