Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.1 :: 7 HP: 70.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Eytan :: Grizzly Bear :: Terrorize ali

Ktulu
& Eytan

When the sky turns gray
And everything is screaming
I will reach inside
Just to find my heart is beating

Archibald's words made Ktulu feel as if he'd kicked her in the gut and she wished he had for she gladly would have taken the blow than have to hear that her uncle had fallen in battle. Her eyes narrowed and her ears tilted back against her dark head, but she managed to keep the stony mask she always wore in place. She heard Lakota's report that the General was not suffering from any life threatening wounds, but it did not register. The only thing that ran through her mind was that Donovan was dead. The invasion had been a failure. Artemis was victorious. She vaguely registered that Circe had arrived, but her full attention was once more riveted to Archibald as he spoke again.

”I resign my position as General, and I am leaving the Grey—the Foothills. I cannot bear for my name to be written with those of feebleness any longer. You know me—all of you—and I command you not to take my decision as selfish vanity. My daughter died here, and I will not let that happen again. I believe there is strength elsewhere, living in the wilds. I spent most of Frostfall in the Wilds, scouting under your will Ktulu, and I discovered that I am stronger when not tied to the care of so many underneath my hooves. I am a warlord, but I wish not for armies and allies.”

Ktulu's eyes widened and her weight shifted. Everything Archibald said she had been feeling and had been trying to fix, but had been unable to. How could she fix what others thought was not broken and saw no need to fix? Ktulu sighed heavily and finally turned her head away from the ex-General. She would not ask him to stay. She would not beg and grovel at his hooves for him to stay. If he wanted to go then he was free to go, but she knew that she would be losing Circe if the mare cared for him half as much as Ktulu suspected she did.

"Then take your leave, Archibald." She responded several minutes later. Her blood red eyes shifted over to Circe. "I understand if you wish to leave, Circe." It was then that she noticed the mare sported cuts and bruises from battle, but truthfully it concerned Ktulu very little. An ear rotated in Lakota's direction and she listened, feeling a mixture of emotions that the poisoner wished to stay and live among rats, as Archibald had called them.

"Take care of yourself, Archibald." She turned to leave, wishing to be alone to digest the information that had been given to her and come to terms with a family member's death. "If you find yourself in need of anything you know where to find me." And with that she was off, moving at a slow trot at first but soon shifting into a headlong run as if she would outrun the tidal wave of emotions that would soon be nipping at her heels.

[Image: 33p4xlu.png]

Icon by Tay

Messages In This Thread
I knew you were mine - by Archibald - 09-07-2013, 02:51 PM
RE: I knew you were mine - by Lakota - 09-07-2013, 07:01 PM
RE: I knew you were mine - by Ktulu - 09-08-2013, 07:53 PM
RE: I knew you were mine - by Circe - 09-08-2013, 09:10 PM
RE: I knew you were mine - by Archibald - 09-15-2013, 10:06 AM
RE: I knew you were mine - by Lakota - 09-18-2013, 08:06 PM
RE: I knew you were mine - by Ktulu - 09-18-2013, 08:35 PM
RE: I knew you were mine - by Circe - 09-21-2013, 07:08 PM