the Rift

[OPEN] These Indifferences We Share [Joining]

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

She listened to her father speak with ears alert, attempting to be more mature with the fact that she was growing up, and that this time and place could judge the way they lived from some time. Their glows lit the world, alerting everyone that they were there. As she stood beside him, there was a feeling of regret, a punch slamming into her young heart as her father spoke of her mother. Was the mare truly that bad? Had it been that good that Roy had come at the right time to wisk her away to hopefully happiness? Her small glowing head is moved towards the male, mouth open as she prepares to speak to him once more, when the sands burst over her small body and blast her.
The first reaction of those even smart enough to react was to brace yourself, to tuck one's head in towards their chest with their eyes closed. Her mouth clamped shut as fast as it would go, but sand still broke in. When she did feel the impact end, she broke into coughing, dust escaping from her small mouth as she expelled it. The pale blue eyes that held grey flecks attempted to flutter open, her pale eyelashes blinking wildly in attempts to remove the painful particles from her young eyes. Her coughing fit continues as a winged mare appears, much larger than Amara, yet smaller than her father. To the filly, she only went up the mid shoulder of the mare. Suddenly, her mind went to Amara, her best friend, and how she left her closest thing to a sister behind. A quick mental note was made to visit Amara as much as she could, and hopefully have her friend over for a sleepover if they were ever accepted.
Her first thought of the winged mare was as of how she was oddly beautiful in plain way. What beauty she remembered was of Adrixaura and another mare, both having been adorned with more beauty than what was needed. With this mare's plain beauty, the filly felt more at ease over the situation. Her father was beside her, keeping her strong and reminding her that no matter what happened, she had someone to go to for advice.
Their greeting wasn't what she exactly expected, instead of receiving a friendly 'welcome to my world' thing, it was instead hateful words that made her cringe with the reminders of the Basin. Apparently, no one within a herd knew of good manners to anyone who may potentially join. Here, they welcomed with harsh and hateful words that made the plain beauty of the mare seem ugly and disgusting. It was good manners and the fact that they needed to show they meant no harm that kept her from rebounding with a hateful word.
"I come from the North, but not like you would think. I lived at the Frozen Arch, if you know what I'm talking about. This is my father, Roy, and I am Sikeax. After an issue with my mother, I have left my outcast band to live with my father and to find a home. I can offer you my healing skills if you would be as kind of to let us join this herd, and hopefully help me learn. Please, I don't want you to judge me over my horn. The bad feelings for the Basin lies inside me. When they all ran from their home, I went to check in on them, just to make sure, only to almost be taken prisoner for trying to be nice."
Her voice is soft and clouded, puffs of dust still being expelled outwards when she spoke. The pair of blue eyes drift to the wounds upon the plain coloured mare, bringing the idea that it came from an unicorn. "Are you alright?" It is only a question, her attempt to show that she cares for the well being of another soul. The memories of her mother's wounds bring a cringe to her mental facade, the outside world only seeing slight displeasure in her eyes. The only thought that runs through her mind is simple, one that plagued her the whole journey there. Would they even like me?

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
These Indifferences We Share [Joining] - by Sikeax - 09-07-2013, 03:28 PM
RE: These Indifferences We Share [Joining] - by Sikeax - 09-08-2013, 05:26 PM