the Rift

[OPEN] These Indifferences We Share [Joining]

Kri the Resolute Posts: 243
Hidden Account
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14.3hh :: 10 Buff: NUMB
Boom Boom!
WE WERE STRONG.
we stayed bright as lightning. we sang loud as thunder.
we moved ever forward.</style>

I feel as though my words leave a bad taste in the mouth of the girl, but she does well at hiding it. My face remains unmoving, forceful, and despite my wounds, I could still crush both of them - or, at least, that is what I will tell myself. My eyes weigh heavily upon her as she speaks, a monologue which appears to stretch into infinity. I remain, a statue, evaluating her words with silent, dark eyes that appear venomous still. Relenting too easily to the words of a child would likely breed a sense of weakness. I am tired of many assuming that we are weak. The children of the desert are anything but weak creatures.

We prevail, no matter the opponent.

The apparent father speaks next, dipping into his own monologue that does not set my heart at ease. I wish to believe the pair, set my bias formed by the Basin aside. I want to listen to them, but my heart feels like ice in my chest. I feel betrayed, angry, and most of all... afraid. They would strike at my family, my very heart, and I could be taken at the time of need without remorse.

And then, the child speaks a question. I turn my face toward her. The frame she lives in is small, delicate, yet pretty. I can tell she is well bred, at least, to hold such an easy appearance. However, her words set my teeth on edge, more so than before, but I quell my rage. I do not wish to be mean to a child, for god's sake. If I am to bully anyone in this conversation, it would be her dipshit father. I narrow my eyes only, my voice tensing, jaw harsh and hostile. "Your worry is ill-placed, child." I am strong enough to endure the pain, the hurt, the confusion. Most importantly, I am strong enough to forgive.

"If a home is what you seek, you may have one here," I say, glancing toward the pair. "Be warned, however, if I suspect you of any treachery, plotting, or violence toward my kin, I will revoke your right to stand within these borders by force." My eyes are serious, my voice heavy and masculine, much like the muscular build of my body.

After a pause, I look back. "Otherwise, welcome brother and little sister. I am Kri, Commander of the Dragon's Throat."

KRI the RESOLUTE</style>
MY FRIENDS, I'M ONLY FLESH AND BONE, BUT I WON'T LET YOU DIE ALONE.</style>

image by ANGEL!

Messages In This Thread
These Indifferences We Share [Joining] - by Sikeax - 09-07-2013, 03:28 PM
RE: These Indifferences We Share [Joining] - by Sikeax - 09-08-2013, 05:26 PM
RE: These Indifferences We Share [Joining] - by Kri - 09-14-2013, 08:40 PM