the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! Truth or Dare [Mirage]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
The DragonHeart watched the mare crumble before her. She was a beautiful little dove, an innocent who had been exposed to a world of harsh realities, and not been allowed the time to breathe between crises. But when was life ever fair? When did it ever give you warning, or a break, when you needed it the most? Of course it didn't, but that didn't mean one had to allow the bad things in life to swallow all the good things. She is shellshocked, the little shadowmare murmured to herself, worry lines etching themselves along her brow. It was not fair of her to inflict this upon her kin, her family, her herdmates, and yet.. it was a means to an end. A peaceful end. Surely.. hopefully. Mirage breathed in, preparing herself to speak once more, just as Res dropped the wooden blade in her mouth upon the ground, and peer up at her like a deer caught amidst the glare of shining headlights. Easy, child, Mirage wanted to say, to soothe her, I am here only to help.. And then Res was turning away from her, making to flee the scene, muttering some comment about working.

"Stop, Res." The Dragonheart's voice was enigmatic, seemingly speaking from the surrounding mists themselves. Her neat hooves carried her then, smooth, swift steps that closed the gap between the mares. The dark little shadow's maw reached out, and she hoped to sling it over the other's withers in a gentle but warm, reassuring embrace. "I am sorry, so sorry." The WeyrLeader spoke, the regret thickly lacing her tones, as she was burdened with the weight of the guilt of stacking this pressure onto her own herd, her family. How can I fix this, Akaith? her mental voice cried to her dragon, who flew miles away, scouting for the very wounded that Resplendence was so concerned about. You can only reassure them of what is certain. Victory was had. No casualties, aside from your own. The dragon replied dryly as ever, reminding the mare again and again of her actions.

"Akaith is scouting for wounded; if she finds any, she will lead us both to them." She tried to reassure the frightened mare, admiring her will to serve, to work, to be useful to this herd and family she was a part of. Mirage reflected upon the firth time she ever laid eyes upon her, and smiled - it had been mere hours after her discovery of Torasin's death (a memory that still wet her eyes), and this young girl had come with the wounded and sickly Quil, and begged for entrance and aid. "I am sorry that you were caught up in the fighting - you are so brave, dear Res. You embody the principle of the Qian with your actions, and for that, I admire you. Please, rest here a moment, with me." As she spoke, she extracted herself from the mare slightly, so that she might hold her gaze with her own golden pools, and offer gentle nudges and caresses with the velvet textures of her muzzle against the girl's nape.

@[Resplendence]
[ SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT. I had started this like a week ago and then EVERYTHING happened and now I've finished it :| ]
Mirage the DragonHeart

image credits
table by whit

Messages In This Thread
!! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Resplendence - 09-08-2013, 08:36 PM
RE: !! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Mirage - 09-16-2013, 03:21 AM
RE: !! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Resplendence - 09-22-2013, 01:10 PM
RE: !! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Mirage - 09-30-2013, 05:09 AM
RE: !! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Resplendence - 10-05-2013, 11:44 PM
RE: !! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Mirage - 10-17-2013, 11:37 PM
RE: !! Truth or Dare [Mirage] - by Resplendence - 11-01-2013, 11:54 PM