the Rift

I'm not a Wimp, You are Mistaken. [open]

Oliver Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Break them, or I will...

Everything was quiet in this forest. The sky was an eerily dark shade of blue with oddly, few stars lingering. The moon was just a sliver, and offered basically, no light. The birds kept shut, and so did the world. I was just a stitch in the entire quilt, but I felt I would be needed somewhere. My golden colored hooves misted the dirt into the air with every stride. My wings closed loosely to my sides. I was young and vibrant, but tired. I'd traveled far, from here to there. I wasn't entirely positive I knew where I was, but I knew I was somewhere. My head lung at a low and comfortable place. My mane falling down both the sides if my neck, in a frizzed and knotted nature. My tail swung side to side.

I was a large horse, much to large to be silent, at that. The ground seemed the quiver and recoil as my hooves hit the floor. My muscles adding to my already heavy frame. My withers were high, at a near 18 hands. I was much taller than more horses, and I used it as an advantage. I was an excellent combatant because of my incredible weight and height. I halted and looked around.

It was strange that everything was so silent, and still. The glory of dawn was hidden behind a curtain of black night. In the distant I hear scattered hoof beats and neighs. I've walked into a land, but this land was nameless to me. This was were time stood still, and the Earth ceased to move. For the next few moments I stood and listened. I listened for a greeting nicker, or hooves beating the ground in a close proximity, so maybe someone could tell me what happened, and why it happened.

"Thinking. Speaking. Acting."

Adrixaura Posts: N/A
Unregistered

A d r i x a u r a
hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die,
then life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
In some sick trick of the Gods, I had gained the ability to break from the Frozen Arch and drag my leg towards the Threshold, where weary idiots populated the area in heavy masses that would leave them to follow me back to the Arch, where they would be turned into Assassins. Then after the lengthy process they'd face, would be used as however we saw them fit. The idea alone brought a smile to face. Everyone was lacking a brain, and the great ones like myself were used to molding and welding them into whatever form we wanted them to become. Saffiatta Hecate would feel her stomach churn at what the hardships of this place did to me, while Onsoun might smile and praise me with the words of 'Good job keeping the boys away from my little princess.' My siblings, I only knew of Hecatia now, and she seemed to disappear like my daughter did. My worries were spread out between Hecatia and Sikeax, but my current situation left my useless except for the low task of bringing home new members to manipulate.
A couple of moons seemed to pass with the night, over time taking the wounds with them. Sections of my black mane that were torn away in my battle with Thor began to grow back, the bite marks across my shoulders and chest turning to fresh scars. They leaped off my white coat, while the blood that embedded itself into my hind right cannon was a hauntingly reminder of all that occurred. That wound had only recently began to heal, my limp not gone just yet. On occasion, I thought of Knox and Faelon, how Knox seemed defeated when Faelon still became prisoner with myself. When the memory replayed in my mind, I laughed. Neither of them had the laugh directed towards them, but it was nice to know that I had gone about and caused a fuss like that.
Beneath, the earth shakes, my awkward build shaking and the wound asking me with needle-like pricks of pain what was happening. A cringe of discomfort lacked the ability to slide over my face when the minor earthquake ends. The black flame inside my chest roars to a new heightened hatred as I think of who fucking dare do that to me. Clearly, they had no idea what they were against, the Devil's Advocate herself.
The pair of pale blue eyes of mine were shut when the pain touched me, yet when the world returned to a milk tinted abyss, here lay something extraordinary in front of me. Thor had left a certain seedling of hatred for winged draft, the wound I placed at the base of his wing enough to remind him that I didn't take shit, and he wasn't taking an exception. What seemed to drop out of the sky just in front of me, like a gift from Luna for me to have some sick pleasure (and some for herself, if anything). He stood there as if there was going to be someone giving him gifts at his arrival. A snear breaks across my face at the idea of even gifting him my pleasures. No, they didn't need much of me anymore.
"Oh, lookie here. What a wonderful gift just for myself! A fucking draft again, with wings. Who do you think you are, Boy? Do you think that upon your arrival here we would show you in gifts and beg you to come home with us? I shalln't give you gifts, but if it is a home you need, there is room for another Assassin at a certain system of frozen caves and caverns north of here. Wouldn't that just please you?"
When there was silence from my words, I laughed at him in a rude manner. The Arch was a grand place to stay, and the Basin being our neighbors, it ensured us safety from attacks. Not a day went by that I was pleased with Ignita's choice of home. The Unicorns of the Basin didn't take anything, like myself, and there wasn't much in the North to bring attention to either of us. No herd would ever dare think of having the balls to invade the Basin; even I, the Devil's Advocate, was careful of any connections with my neighbors.
"Now Big Boy, name? You shall call me Adrixaura, none the less. Get it right, or I'll have you like the last one like you." The threat itself could of fallen flat if he had a strong sense of smell and smelt the dried blood upon me. I had only taken a hit for the team, nothing more important than that. Tonka would have to face me soon enough, but if I got took enough minions with me back home, then things could just do just fine.
That being, if Tonka wanted me to fall to my knees and beg for mercy, then he could just personally shove an icicle up his fat ass..
image credits
table by whit

Unregistered

Break them, or I will...

Out of the distant hooves churning the Earth, I hear a set of hoof beats marginally closer than the other. My ears flick forward in alert. Quickly, I scan around me, and when the search turns nothing out, I offer an irritated snort and a stomp of one of my hooves. Silence drones on, silence save for these distinct set of hoof beats. His pink nostrils quiver as my lung inflate with fresh air. The silence is shattered on the floor as a demanding voice is echoed into his ears, the same time as a mare comes into view.

"Oh, lookie here. What a wonderful gift just for myself! A fucking draft again, with wings. Who do you think you are, Boy? Do you think that upon your arrival here we would show you in gifts and beg you to come home with us? I shalln't give you gifts, but if it is a home you need, there is room for another Assassin at a certain system of frozen caves and caverns north of here. Wouldn't that just please you?" The mare pauses before continuing. "Now Big Boy, name? You shall call me Adrixaura, none the less. Get it right, or I'll have you like the last one like you."

Before actually proccessing what Adrixaura had said, he speaks as she pauses to let out a maniacally evil laugh. "What makes you think I am a draft? I am merely a tall Holstein horse. Do you see feathers on my legs? No. Why? Because I am not a draft. Draft is indeed somewhere in my breeding, most likely, but I've learnt I am not a total draft. Is this land claimed by you? No. Did I ask for gifts? Most of all, Adrixaura, I am not looking for a home with a bunch of no manner idiots who do not know how to approach someone with the least bit of respect. I am most certain you wouldn't want an angered tall horse beating you to your death, which can be done." I stood a good bit taller than the horse. I would rather throw my bulk around in a herd with manner then with a group of rude Assassins.

I sighed softly. Such a 'wonderful' welcome, from such 'wonderful group. I wouldn't miss Adrixaura, nor the Assassins. I still hadn't pinned my ears, but I wouldn't mind doing so as I attacked her. A mare so small would've been wiser than to approach a beast, and with such a snide cocky atitude that could easily be swiped from her fucking body in one hit.

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
give me your eyes for just one second,
give me your eyes so i can see
everything that i keep missing

She had come to rest her weary soul. She had come to see if there might be someone else who was willing to join the Throat. But, mainly, she had come to inspect this border again. She wanted to see what made the border pull all of the strange, heart-beat like vibrations that radiated off of it in a quick succession.

She shuffled her feet and continued to move farther and farther into the threshold. But, before she even had a chance to begin to inspect the border she started to hear voices. Voices that did not seem to be very nice at the moment. It sent shivers down her spine, and she stayed lurking in the shadows a few paces back. Anger returned the attitude of the mare. The stag seemed tall - of a more draft type build without all of the signs of it. And, he proved that with the name 'Holstein'. He was standing taller, threatening. And, unfortunately for her, she wasn't about to let anyone stamp another creature to the ground. It went against the few morals she actually had left.

"Calm. Please." Rasta spoke, her voice pooling from the shadows as her frame began to emerge. Her glowing hawk marking shining brilliantly in the darkness. "There is no need for violence or hostility - even though I will admit that this other mare might have called for it with her tone..." Her motherly demeanor was definitely beginning to sink in, as well as her authority that was forever ingrained in her skull for the thousands of years of leading a land only to have it ripped from her skull.

"I am Rasta, an Informant for the Dragon's Throat. I bear no gifts, as Adrixaura believes we are supposed to, and I did not originally come with the intent of bringing anyone home. I came to inspect the border line of Helovia and the oddities it carries. But, I can offer a home with others who are winged as well. Most members of the Throat have the same gift which you have been given." She does not edge in any closer to the two, though she does tilt her crown ever so delicately to the side and allow her white hair to fall over her pale eyes. "If you do wish to give your name, that would be lovely - but if such a thing is overreaching it's bounds I can understand the desire for privacy."

And then, turning her head just a little to allow her blind eyes to gaze in the direction of Adrixaura. "Ma'am - perhaps being sarcastic is not the best approach for safety..." she offered. Allowing those words to float in the air, the pale mare stepped back a few more steps, giving herself a wide berth of room between herself and the two other equine-creatures before her.

488 words
Hope you don't mind Rasta bumping in ;3
Trying to get her out more
Image Credits

Unregistered

Break them, or I will...

The blue Adrixaura stays quiet as I stare her down, but our staring contest ended as a voice bounced around them and into his ears. Shortly after, a white mare steps onto the scene. She is beautiful, but acts like a mother to them. "Calm. Please." I flick my lobes forward at her. Her eyes white like dandelions dancing in the breeze. Giving the mare a gentlemanly smile, I listen to her speak. "There is no need for violence or hostility - even though I will admit that this other mare might have called for it with her tone..." Might have? No, she did. She'd just gained another enemy. She was probably used to that though, considering her rude tones, cocky attitude, and unladylike mannerisms.

"This other mare needs to learn respect," He took a slight pause then redirected his attention to the blue mare. "because after all, you don't matter in the big picture." He lashed his tail back and forth and snorted at the smaller, bluer, mare.

"I am Rasta, an Informant for the Dragon's Throat. I bear no gifts, as Adrixaura believes we are supposed to, and I did not originally come with the intent of bringing anyone home." She she paused after her sentence to resume with her smaller speech, I gave her a slight smirk before pinning my ears at Adrixaura. Rasta's voice resumed and my ears came back up and into and alert position. "I came to inspect the border line of Helovia and the oddities it carries. But, I can offer a home with others who are winged as well. Most members of the Throat have the same gift which you have been given."

"Thank you, Miss White, but I do not seek a herd here. I'd like to be a nomadic horse. One not tied to the life of herds. Maybe someday, Miss White, I'd go to this place you speak of, but for now, I'd like to be a nomadic outcast." A frilly nickname Rasta had earned for herself. I no way was the name supposed to be offensive, nor demeaning, but something sweet to call a mare who knows something about manners. I did want to bee an outcast. I would have to attend herd meetings, nor sit through long and tedious training sessions (most likely in battle). No, I could do whatever I wanted, when I wanted, and most of all, how I wanted to.

"If you do wish to give your name, that would be lovely - but if such a thing is overreaching it's bounds I can understand the desire for privacy." I smiled at the girl. She was sweet and knew her boundaries. Rasta could, in the end, be a very dear friend, but right now, she was just a friendly stranger offering me a home in a herd.

"Me? Well, my name is Oliver. Not to sure where it originates from, or how I got such a nice name, but yes, it is my name." He shot Rasta a nice satisfied smirk. "Now, maybe, Miss White, you can tell m where I am? I am not sure where I am, and I didn't really mean to come into a new lands. I was just wandering around."

He waited for an answer, if he'd get one.

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
He watches her, as she steps from the shadows with her glowing hawk marking. A gentlemanly smile is placed upon his maw as he listens to the rest of Rasta's words. And, when his gruff voices emerges he says that she needs to learn respect before saying that she didn't matter in the big picture. All that she can do is shake her head in dismay. So young. They do not understand the idiosyncrasies of the world as it beats around them. It seems an impossible feat to actually take a look at that big picture as they say it is called and none of them understand that one action can start such a domino effect as you watch each of the threads fall apart. "Everyone matters in the big picture, sir. One action leads to other actions. It changes someone's day, which will then change the next person's day and so forth. Anyone can change the ever forming picture..." she explained, swishing her tail ever so gently before explaining who she was.

He watched her, as if he was listening intently, and when his voice rings in the air again such notes are evident. Though, he calls her Miss White she takes no offense to the title, and only wishes that those she has barely met would stop addressing her as if she were of a higher authority than them. He does not seek a herd, only to wander. No ties for the winged stag. No true family. Perhaps someday he would take her up on that offer, but as for now he only wished to stay the nomad that his heart called for. Perhaps, if he had the knowledge from the age that she was gifted, he would have joined the herd and settled down. Perhaps, if he had realized that nomads were generally broken unless in a group, that he wouldn't have cared that he was tied to a group of people who would have cared. But that was not to be.

She asked for his name, wishing to know what she might call him, other than sir. He smiled at her, no malice in his stature toward Rasta at the least, and so when he spoke back up he did give his name. Oliver. She circled the name in her cranium a few times in order to lock it in place before he asked if she could tell him where exactly he was. "Perhaps some other time than, Oliver, you can come and see the Throat and meet more people. You are in the Threshold of Helovia. It's generally where people come to gather new members of their ever-growing family, to make sure that they all get a home and someone to ensure their safety. I can help lead you out of here and into the general wild - but I would suggest that if you start to run close to a border that you do not cross them. The herds take their safety seriously and would not hesitate to ensure you did not threaten them in any way possible..." She started to explain, swishing her tail for a second as she paused before adding, "Or, I can show you to the Throat and give you the chance to meet new people - no need to stay with us. The desire to move around freely is completely understood, Sir Oliver." she finished before gently dipping her head in a sign of respect. Her head raising back up after a few seconds to peer toward the other mare who she was uncertain as to whether or not she should be completely concerned for Rasta's own safety or not.

617 words
maybe one or two more posts?

Unregistered

Break them, or I will...

If been nice and patient with Adrixaura, but I was tired, and Rasta kept talking, and I didn't want to upset her further by hurting her feelings then vanishing. Her motherly chords rang to mine as I listened. "Everyone matters in the big picture, sir. One action leads to other actions. It changes someone's day, which will then change the next person's day and so forth. Anyone can change the ever forming picture..." In all honesty, I knew about the snowball effect, and okay, Adrixaura was important in this second, but once I left she'd become nothing more than more horseflesh. Rasta, well, we could end up friends, but she'd have to stop lecturing me, or we would get no where as friends.

Finally, Rasta broke the awkward silence that droned on for so long, my ears metaphorically hurt. "Perhaps some other time than, Oliver, you can come and see the Throat and meet more people. You are in the Threshold of Helovia. It's generally where people come to gather new members of their ever-growing family, to make sure that they all get a home and someone to ensure their safety. I can help lead you out of here and into the general wild - but I would suggest that if you start to run close to a border that you do not cross them. The herds take their safety seriously and would not hesitate to ensure you did not threaten them in any way possible..."

"I'd like to thank you for your hospitality, Miss White, but I think I'll stay an outcast. If your herd is anything like Adrixaura and her herd, I think I'll pass forever, but I will stop by later some time and visit your land. Perhaps you can show me around, but I do not think now is the time. I am far too tired to be active, or even awake. Forgive me. I will take your advice into consideration if I am nearing a herd land." I gave her a smirk, before tilting his head to her.

I looked at my path ahead and decided this was my opportunity to leave. "Again, thank you Rasta, but I will be on my way now." I took another look at her as I walked past her. "Have a good night, Rasta." I liked the way that name fell on my lips. It had a nice ring to it, that I shall not forget for sometime. I hope I would see her again, as she was the first horse to show hospitality in Helovia. My figure slowly faded from view down the path.

That had been quite interesting if I say so myself. I'd met two mare, both very opposites. Adrixaura, she'd been rough and very I'll-mannered. Rasta had been sweet and motherly, which could also be annoying, but in a different way then Adrixaura. Mares, they were complicated creatures. Not just part of the time, but all the time.

[/quote]