the Rift

[OPEN] Moonlight [Mirage, Open]

Israfel Posts: 54
Hidden Account
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1 hands :: 2 Years
Sparrow

Israfel Azardokht
Change... It was just another word for life.

Through her short life, Israfel had changed. For the better? For the worse? That was not her call to judge. She had grown from a spoiled child into something more mature, far more kind and understanding than she used to be. At least... That's what she liked to think. Despite how much she had changed, Isra knew that she was not perfect, and never would be. Her conversation with Smoke had revealed just what and who she was, yes... But blood only made half of who you were. The other half could be achieved through action.

Quite honestly, Israfel had enough of being inactive, of sitting and watching and being useless.

The Edge was her home. It would always be here home. She would always have her family and friends, and she would always bow her head to Mirage. And yet... As liberating as her home was, how understanding and welcoming they were... It was not enough. Israfel, young and inexperienced, needed to get out and see the world. Not just see it, but live it, breathe it, and taste it. No longer could she expect to hide in the twisting shadows of the Edge... The only thing she could do was hope that her family would understand.

Gilded wings were pulled close to her pale sides, sharp, vermillion depths staring forward, head held high and proud. Golden hooves lead her way through the trees, weaving left and right, eyes and ears both searching for the DragonHeart... This last invasion had rattled everyone, Israfel knew, but they had emerged victorious, just as she knew would happen. It was simply called faith. Hopefully Mirage would not be hard to find.

"Lady Mirage," Isra called, her head tilting upwards towards the heavens, "Please, hear my words, spare me some of your time. I must speak with you..."

[ooc: @[Mirage] If you would like to join, feel free, but I want to keep this fast paced and it's namely for Mirage and Isra's family. :3]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
Mirage knew all too well the feeling of hopelessness, helplessness that could consume one. She had felt it after Torasin had died, and then Solstice too, and now with more herdmates being declared missing, with the death of the soldier she had been fighting, with everything that had unfolded, the mare wondered how it was she gathered the strength to stand upon her sturdy legs. And yet, here she was. Standing alone, albeit for her dragon, in the wake of seeing the great Goddess of the Moon. Though the Goddess stood for darkness and wind, the world seemed duller, stiller as she faded from sight, and so Mirage merely blinked dumbly at the mists as they folded back down on themselves, realising with a harsh slap in the face that reality awaited her outside of the surrealistic world her meeting with the Goddess had been.

After departing company from her sister and the young mare who lingered there, the WeyrLeader and her dragon walked the mists of the land, feeling a new magic awaken within them. As she walked with the mists, she seemed to become the mists, a magic similar to her illusionary magic and yet completely different. It crawled up her legs, across the tendrils of her mane and tail, along her hide - and yet she shrugged it off, preferring her whole form now, even as she nursed tender muscles and bruises. Akaith murmured above her, taking to the skies. Tell me who is hurt, and where they lie. Mirage requested of her golden companion, who swiftly disappeared in the darkness and mists of their home. The peculiar jewel that now rested about her left foreleg shimmered in the night, its sheen seeming to take on the very shine of the moon itself. The DragonHeart's steps became smoother the more she moved, until she heard a summons ahead.

Ears pricked as she deciphered the place of the call. The mists seemed to envelop her again, as she accelerated towards the area Israfel had chosen, a low song thrumming from her chest as she neared the flamed girl. Daughter of the Sun, within the lands of the Goddess of the Moon, standing before the WeyrLeader who possessed magic of both elements, both innate and objective.. It was sure to be a curious meeting. "Israfel," she began, as she beheld the sunny youth. "How can I help?"

@[Israfel]
Mirage the DragonHeart

image credits
table by whit

Israfel Posts: 54
Hidden Account
Filly :: Tribrid :: 16.1 hands :: 2 Years
Sparrow

Israfel Azardokht
The Weyrleader came like darkness incarnate. Israfel's vermillion orbs snapped to attention at the throaty sound that wove through the thick trees, ears perking forward and posture straightening and erect. The young female's head turned daintily, eyeing Mirage as she approached, and a small, almost hesitant smile upturned the corners of Israfel's pink-hued lips.

"How can I help?" So eager to please... So eager to help those that she called her family. Mirage deserved every bit of love and recognition that she received from those that lived in the Edge, and more.

What would Mirage think of the words she was about to say? Would the DragonHeart understand her plight? Her reasons? Would she accept and understand? The thought was a daunting one indeed, but one that Israfel found she could no longer put off. For so long she had sat idly by, letting the others of this land serve and toil... It was time that she did so herself. Sucking in a deep, filling breath, Israfel lowered her head, the orange depths of her eyes shining in an emotion akin to sadness.

"Lady Mirage... Thank you for coming," the Sun-child began, her voice soft. The hesitance in her words were clear and unhindered, but Isra didn't mind. In front of her Queen, she had nothing to hide. "I won't take up too much of your time, for I know you are surely busy... But I wanted to say my farewell, if only for awhile. The Edge has always been my home, and it always will be my home, but I must take my leave of it." A soft breath once more escaped the filly's maw. "I love this land, my family, and you, but I can no longer sit here and do nothing with myself. I wish to get out and examine what our Gods have created... I want to learn, adventure, and discover what I can, smell foreign air and drink from foreign waters. I want to meet those of different creeds and understand their ways... I want to... Inspire."

Inspire... It was such a simple word for what she truly wanted, yet young as she was and inexperienced in all things life, Israfel was unable to truly communicate to Mirage just what, exactly, she wanted. I want to live.

"I was given a task at the beginning of this darkness, and I have failed to see it through. I must go now, and fulfill that duty... But I am not abandoning the Edge. I hope that... Should I wish to return one day, to your Kingdom, that I will be allowed."

@[Mirage]