the Rift

[OPEN] Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance]

Vertigon Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

He smiled once more, making sure to keep his lips drawn over his fangs knowing that it unsettled her. "I hope you are right." He said. A sound reverberated in the male's ears causing them to perk, angled toward the approached horse before flicking to face either side to allow his to detect any sounds approaching from left and right as well as behind. He didn't want anyone sneaking up on them, Kahlua might be safe near the borders of her land, but he was not. His eyes picked out the approaching figure wreathed in the fog, his keen orbs instantly recognizing the tense and uncertainty that filled every muscle.

Her cautious steps spoke of her distrust for him, yet poor Kahlua didn't detect any of this as she happily spoke to her friend. Ver gave a small shake of his head. Unbelievable. He thought. Offering a slight nod when Kahlua introduced him, his lips curling in a small smile. Standing Vertigon stepped back, putting distance between him and Kahlua before sitting down once more. Hopefully this would ease this new mare's worries about her friend.Of course it left the clay baked mare plenty of room to charge at him now that he didn't have Kahlua shielding him. The risks he'd take in order to find a home he'd probably destroy. Was this all worth it? Could he bring so much pain to another happy family?

He knew he was being selfish in asking to be apart of this herd, but he couldn't deny that he needed a family unite, if only to survive. That did not mean he had to remain close or form bonds, he could protect them without allowing such things to happen. That way if something did happen, he would not be as scared by the event as he was now. Even as he sat here looking to enter Kahlua's herd, his heart ached with the constant pain of loss.

This beating pain was intensified by his current actions and Kahlua's love for her home. He still loved his home, but all that remained of it was dead and rotting corpses, too numerous for him to bury. He couldn't think of this, not now, he had to focus, he had to make a good impression. "It is a pleasure to meet you miss." He said. "I'm sorry if I have startled you, I know my looks can be rather..." His mind said deceiving, but instead his tongue formed the word. "daunting. "

Flicking his tail over his paws he gestured toward Kahlua with his head. "Like Kahlua said she found me at the Threshold and was nice enough to offer me a place among your peaceful herd, if deemed worthy." Coming from a land where companions were few Vertigon was completely oblivious to the meaning behind Res's words, simply believing she meant a new friend or herd-mate instead of a companion bound to her soul. The idea would have been rather mortifying to the young wolf, he may like Kahlua well enough but he didn't want to bind his soul to her's. He remained silent preferring to only talk when spoken to in these kind of situations.

Walk "Talk!" Think

Table Made by Aztec: Credits

@[Resplendence]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Vertigon - 09-10-2013, 12:28 AM
RE: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Vertigon - 09-12-2013, 02:40 AM
RE: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Vertigon - 09-20-2013, 05:38 AM
RE: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Vertigon - 10-21-2013, 12:22 AM