the Rift

[OPEN] Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance]

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
and i'd tell that i miss you but i'm sure it doesn't matter at all
It was a struggle for her, to find a way to stay completely strong and keep her mask on. Kahlua seemed to be the only one who consistently believed that she was fine and that nothing was bothering her. The wolf nodded, giving a tiny smile, before saying he hoped the others would think the same. He was obviously amused with the situation and highly attuned to all of Kahlua's actions. She had managed to keep her mask fairly well, while the canine had spoken but, when someone randomly appeared from the mists her entire facade dropped. Instantly, she was stumbling a few strides forward, as Kahlua had done the same (only going backwards). My eyes were widened as she lets out a shaky breath, panic placing all of her limbs. But, upon the sound of her voice she shake myself out of the panic and shuffles back the few paces she had moved.

Hellena pulls her frame closer with smooth strides and offers her muzzle, as well as her shoulder to Res. Instantly, she bumps her muzzle with the mare in welcoming, not daring to say much else as she felt it wasn't her place, before pulling her frame up even closer to the elder mare. Trembling against her form, Res attempted to force her breathing to match that of the white mare's as she listened to her speak, feeling the vibrations against her side from her voice circling into the mists.

She asks for the new arrival's name, and Kahlua grants it with her explanation of the Threshold once more before she watches the eager eyes for approval that she gives Hellena. The canine moves forward and a little in front of Kahlua, as if to protect her from her own panic attack before allowing his voice to radiate in the air. No explanation necessary. No forgiveness needed. Sure that the protectors can be pleased knowing that others were taking the job upon themselves to keep everyone safe. But, would one really care if they saw Resplendence at the border, telling them to leave? She highly doubted it. They wouldn't even need to raise a hoof in protest, they'd probably be able to fake charge her and she would be out of their path before one could clack their jaws.

Still, she keeps her head down, and her frame against Hellena. Weak. She feels weak. But she's tired of trying to be strong. She had been strong to try and accept death and it had not come. It was now that her mind would shatter on itself if she did not allow her mind and body to have a chance to be actually weak...

446 words
Sorry it took me so long guys ._.
Credits
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Vertigon - 09-10-2013, 12:28 AM
RE: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Vertigon - 09-12-2013, 02:40 AM
RE: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Vertigon - 09-20-2013, 05:38 AM
RE: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Vertigon - 10-21-2013, 12:22 AM
RE: Keep Your Enemies Closer [Vertigon, Acceptance] - by Resplendence - 09-22-2013, 01:37 PM