the Rift

[OPEN] Charted Polaris [Artemis]

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
ranjiri
                                                   calmness is the cradle of power

I'm flying! Kind of. Sorta. Okay you caught me, I'm not really flying but I can pretend, can't I?

You know I always have fun just running around the Foothills with Bear, Momma, so you shouldn't be surprised to know that I was tearing up our home again. Bear was right behind me. See, we were playing a game of tag and I was winning. Bear has really short legs so he can't keep up with me. Sometimes I would let him catch me so he doesn't feel to bad, but don't tell him that. You know how men and their pride are. It wasn't so hard to see in the dark anymore with the Moon hanging in the sky like a fat white chicken, and the lantern trees were still there, so I could see perfectly. Almost.

I should probably have been watching where I was going instead of looking back to see how far Bear was behind me.

I almost plowed right into him!

There was a big stallion on the borders of our home (I know I shouldn't have gone that far, but what's done is done) and I almost ran him over as I ran away from Bear. I know I squealed when I saw him because I was surprised that he was there. I turned and flapped my wings like it would help (I told you I was flying). If anything my feathers (which weren't so downy anymore) brushed across his chest, but I avoided hitting him, which was good because by that time my horn was already sticking out of my head and was growing faster than any other part of my body.

Still, I ended up losing my footing (I did NOT trip over my own feet) and ended up rolling in the grass. Bear was ever fretful thinking that I had broken something and that you would blame him because of it. He really was a good baby sitter though, Momma. I was pretty quick, I think, to get back to me feet and shake the dust off, but by that time a mare was already talking to the stallion that I had almost shishkabob-ed.

I ruffled the feathers of my wings and ambled closer, looking curiously from one to the other. I admit to thinking they were meeting in secret like you and daddy did. In my head that meant that they had to be lovers. "Who are you?" I asked of both of them, though I knew the mare from the herd meeting. You know, the one that you made Uncie Polly Chief in Auntie Ophie's place. I continued to look from one to the other before I voiced my next questions. "Are you guys in love?"

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
Charted Polaris [Artemis] - by Tharos - 09-12-2013, 06:32 AM
RE: Charted Polaris [Artemis] - by Artemis - 09-12-2013, 07:41 AM
RE: Charted Polaris [Artemis] - by Artemis - 09-12-2013, 03:19 PM
RE: Charted Polaris [Artemis] - by Ranjiri - 09-12-2013, 12:16 PM
RE: Charted Polaris [Artemis] - by Tharos - 09-12-2013, 01:26 PM
RE: Charted Polaris [Artemis] - by Ranjiri - 09-12-2013, 09:03 PM
RE: Charted Polaris [Artemis] - by Tharos - 09-18-2013, 11:45 AM
RE: Charted Polaris [Artemis] - by Artemis - 09-18-2013, 02:13 PM