the Rift

What lies in my Path

Jade Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The mare kept making her way through the shadowy forest. Her long tail just reached the ground; the tip of it picked up twigs on the forest floor. Even though there was darkness, a sheen of sweat was on her neck. She had been traveling for days, and was tiring quickly. Moonlight glinted through the canopy of trees that was above her, shining on her back. The only sound that she heard was the steady pounding rhythm of her hooves, and the racing of her heart against her chest. She wondered if anyone or anything lived in this land of darkness. She had the funny feeling that she was being watched, and was becoming uneasy. Though, she assumed, it was her mind playing tricks on her.

Suddenly, she heard hoof beats behind her. She gasped and whirled around. There was a winged pale grey mare standing a few length away from her. "Hello. I don't know if you're in need of a companion in your travels. I'm Cadence, and I have been alone for some time now. May I walk with you?"

Jade walked a few steps closer to her. She pricked her ears and stuck her nose out in a friendly gesture. "It's nice to meet you! My name is Jade, and I have just come to this new land. Yes, I would love company on my travels, but I am looking to be part of a herd. Are you an looking to be in a herd also?" Suddenly out of nowhere, she heard another set of hoof beats behind her. She turned around and there was a stallion behind her. The glinted moonlight through the trees made his coat look silver, but as he came closer, she noticed he was a black and white paint. He had a silver horn, sticking out from his forehead.

"Greetings ladies. Welcome to Helovia. I am Apollo." She didn't know how, but from the way he spoke, she could tell he was something important. "I'm afraid this isn't the best of times to have wandered into this land, due to the darkness... Is there anything I can do for either of you?"

Jade smiled respectfully at him. Hello! It's nice to meet you. My name is Jade, and I'm new to this land. I was looking to be part of a herd. Do any live here?

Messages In This Thread
What lies in my Path - by Jade - 09-13-2013, 10:10 PM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Cadence - 09-14-2013, 02:02 PM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Apollo - 09-15-2013, 05:58 AM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Jade - 09-15-2013, 07:53 AM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Cadence - 09-16-2013, 07:51 PM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Apollo - 09-17-2013, 06:19 PM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Jade - 09-18-2013, 08:19 PM
RE: What lies in my Path - by Cadence - 09-20-2013, 10:17 PM