the Rift

[OPEN] Haunted by a dream (Rasta)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midasthe one to see you through your darkest times

Orange plumage shifts subconsciously toward me. She inches along the branch, talons bleeding the tree of its fragile bark. "You dream much. Suffer much." I glance up at those raptor pools, they are full of a sympathetic sky. One that was sorrowfully missed. "Share so little." My lips sliver apart into a half smirk that was both bitter and thankful for her concern, "Words fill empty spaces like water spilled upon sand." What good was dwelling on what had passed? No amount of words could alter the prints already marked upon our life, "Yar, but good to talk. Healthy."

I shivered, but not because of the wind across my painted bodice. Her remark was truth. Yet, the soul she spoke to was headstrong, unwilling to burden even the half of what we coupled. A silver mare trailed through the trees, pushing silently past overhanging foliage. With equal silence two sets of eyes followed the lass up to the point she paused for a drink. Watching how I lingered upon said girl with ample enough interest to render our conversation null. Fina scowled and said with a hiss, "Talk to her then. Since thee won't talk to me." There was more than just a hint of hurt in her voice. She crept back into the shadows, fluffing herself into a sulky sleep position.

There was a heartbeat which passed, I might have consoled her ruffled down; but honestly she was right. This night didn't favor our words, and I didn't want to share. Saving the hurt for a morn that hadn't come, my feet shuffled a weighted frame from under the Magnolia. Golden feathers are lax, comfortably resting against my barrel. Softly as one might walk upon earth, I approached the bank. "How fairs thee?"'Her name and face were known to me though gossip; though we hadn't talked before in privacy.

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Haunted by a dream (Rasta) - by Midas - 09-13-2013, 07:16 PM
RE: Haunted by a dream (Rasta) - by Rasta - 09-15-2013, 08:33 PM
RE: Haunted by a dream (Rasta) - by Midas - 09-17-2013, 10:19 PM
RE: Haunted by a dream (Rasta) - by Rasta - 11-10-2013, 02:02 AM
RE: Haunted by a dream (Rasta) - by Midas - 11-23-2013, 07:11 PM
RE: Haunted by a dream (Rasta) - by Rasta - 11-26-2013, 12:52 AM
RE: Haunted by a dream (Rasta) - by Midas - 11-30-2013, 01:04 AM