the Rift

[OPEN] Of Sapphires and Rubies [Open]

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
I have decided to call the Edge home. Kahlua loved to hear the words. Recruiting from the Threshold was one of her favorite pastimes, perhaps only topped by doing her job. Of course, crafting was of dual purpose to the mare. She was doing something she loved and proving her usefulness to the herd and Glaziers. Someday she would be promoted to the position, she absolutely knew it and would not rest until it was otherwise.

As she continued sorting, she listened contentedly to the mare. She was glad to be in the company of another who spoke so easily. Once the mare finished, Kahlua went on speaking. It was rare that she should be the on teaching while another listened. She was hardly the educated sort; however, the questions the mare had asked were simple enough and so Kahlua did her best to answer them. “Well, if you're looking for a job in the herd there are the warriors, of course. Spies, medics... the crafters.” She hurried past the last word a little. She was conflicted about whether she wanted others to be crafters or not. She wanted them to share her joy, but she did not like the competition for a job. “And then the scholars are left, I suppose.” She looked to the mare to see if any of the jobs had sparked her interest before answering her other questions, about the heart.

“Helovia's Heart is to the...” she stopped to think and orient herself. “West of here. It is a strange hole in the ground filled with fire and lava. The land around it is rather beautiful, covered in multicolored stones as it is but...” She trailed off and her ears fell back upon her head. She didn't like the memory, but she couldn't think of a reason to hide the knowledge. Onni had told Kahlua, Kahlua could share with Brisa. “When I was passing through one evening, a giant, flaming lizard crawled from the pit. I was lucky so many others were near-by. They brought the monster down. I guess it came because the gods were gone.” she motioned to the moon that never left as if to emphasize her point. “I have seen nothing like it since,” she added at the end. Perhaps it was to comfort herself, or perhaps it was to comfort her new-found friend. Kahlua could not say.

@[Brisa]

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Messages In This Thread
Of Sapphires and Rubies [Open] - by Kahlua - 09-14-2013, 01:32 PM
RE: Of Sapphires and Rubies [Open] - by Brisa - 09-21-2013, 06:45 PM
RE: Of Sapphires and Rubies [Open] - by Kahlua - 09-21-2013, 11:28 PM
RE: Of Sapphires and Rubies [Open] - by Brisa - 09-22-2013, 05:42 PM
RE: Of Sapphires and Rubies [Open] - by Kahlua - 09-22-2013, 06:23 PM
RE: Of Sapphires and Rubies [Open] - by Brisa - 09-22-2013, 09:56 PM
RE: Of Sapphires and Rubies [Open] - by Kahlua - 09-23-2013, 08:20 PM
RE: Of Sapphires and Rubies [Open] - by Brisa - 10-01-2013, 02:21 AM
RE: Of Sapphires and Rubies [Open] - by Kahlua - 10-03-2013, 07:00 PM
RE: Of Sapphires and Rubies [Open] - by Brisa - 10-07-2013, 11:38 PM