the Rift

[OPEN] Come home. (closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Amor took off without so much as a second glance, I shrugged and plodded forward at what most would consider a slow pace. The Oasis wasn’t far off, though its dark bloblike shape seemed more than just a hoof-full of miles ahead; obviously a trick of moonlight. My wings are stiff from all the recent exercise, a bath would do them good. For now, walking seemed like a fair option. By the time I made it to the pillar, Amor was standing as close to the base as he dared, gaping up at it like a star struck colt. Its immense warmth kept us during Frostfall, but get to close and you’ll burn fur and feathers to the point none would ever take root again.

He turns to me expectantly; the wonder why causes me to pause misstep and regard him with a silent question already raising both brows, “What does this do?” Bottomless gems shift to our patron Lord with new found softness and respect. Quietly I answer his question as a mentor might his apprentice, or a Da his child, “It belongs to the Sun; it’s His boon for Dragon’s Throat during these dark times.” Without the energy and light we would have likely lost more lives than just the few missing soldiers, “Recently our land was without both Sun and Moon, cloaked in a stifling darkness. This mighty miracle provided us with light and warmth. He helped our plants find nourishment.” In short, “He saved us,” toward the end my voice dropped to a revered whisper.

MIDAS & FINAI'm waking up to ash and dust
STOCK CREDITS
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Come home. (closed) - by Midas - 09-14-2013, 09:15 PM
RE: Come home. (Amor) - by Amor - 09-16-2013, 01:18 AM
RE: Come home. (Amor) - by Midas - 09-17-2013, 09:17 PM
RE: Come home. (Amor) - by Amor - 09-18-2013, 12:32 AM
RE: Come home. (Amor) - by Midas - 09-18-2013, 06:50 PM
RE: Come home. (Amor) - by Amor - 09-19-2013, 08:10 AM
RE: Come home. (Amor) - by Midas - 09-22-2013, 12:20 PM