the Rift

[OPEN] Eternal Darkness

Arrane Posts: 127
Hidden Account
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.2 hh :: 5 years
Orinthia
It was suddenly that day had turned to night as blackness crept up and grasped the sky, painting it onyx for what seemed like an eternity. Arrane had been lost those days. Disoriented, he was going to seek help from a herd. Many months earlier, when there was sunlight, the stallion had tried to join the Foothills, though there was no one to greet him or take him in. Now, he was trying once more, sending a silent prayer that hopefully someone would find him.

It was only the glow of the moon that kept the young adventurer from stumbling upon hidden rocks on the pathway. There was an ethereal sense about the place, especially at night. Why had the gods cast them to the shadows. Or was there something major coming up? A new danger that will seek to destroy the lives of Helovia. Swallowing hard, the male continued his journey, blinking hard and looking around.

Even at night, the place was beautiful, somewhat like his old home, yet so different. Sparse trees littered the landscape, and the rolling hills encased him in the massive valley. Finally, new scents hit Arrane's nose, signaling the beginning of the border. Excitement tingled in his pelt, making the usually mellow lad feel giddy with energy. Would they accept him? He had a lot to offer from loyalty, to fighting techniques.

Swishing his tail and flicking his ears, the lad lifted up his head and let out a nicker to anyone that was nearby. Hopefully they heard his call.

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow
A P O L L O

And how can you say that your truth is better than ours?
Shoulder to shoulder, now brother, we carry no arms
"You come in dark times, friend."

Keen, honey-brown orbs lingered upon the stallion who approached the borders of his home. Apollo had been doing patrols that night, his steps light and flowing despite the weight that bore down in his chest. The stresses of leading a herd were carried upon his shoulders, thrust in a position that Ktulu found him worthy of... Try as he might, however, Apollo feared he could never be what Ktulu thought he could be. Failing the Foothills, his home was a true worry that he carried every day since his promotion, but failing Ktulu... That was unnacceptable. Hopefully if it ever happened, the Constrictor would be understanding to his failure.

The black and white overo had paused during the midst of his nightly patrols to hear a wayward nicker and see a figure approaching, white and etheral in the eerie darkness of Helovia. This dish-faced Arabian was taller than he, but Apollo felt no fear looking at him. Eyes narrowed, the paint gave a snort of warning for the white stallion to not grow any closer. 'Protective' was only a small word that Apollo felt towards his herd at the moment, for they were vulnerable, weak, and he wanted to only keep them safe. Dipping his head in a soft arc, head bowing slightly in greeting and sending his crystalline horn pointed askew, the Merciful spoke.

"I am Apollo, Chief of these lands. Why have you come here?"

Obviously there was something that the pale stallion wanted, and Apollo waited with ears tilted forward to hear just what it was. If this stranger was willing to make the trip up to the border of the Foothills instead of simply ignore the borders and enter their land like a fool, at least he had some kind of common sense. So, for that respect, Apollo would give him respect of his own.

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Hidden Account
Orinthia
Hearing masculine vocals come from in front of him, the Arabian squinted his eyes to see a figure emerge from the shadows, facing him with warm honey brown eyes. A black and white unicorn overo stared at Arrane while approaching, walking up to him with now narrowed orbs.

Flicking his ears in anticipation, staring back with a grim face, the stallion was internally shaking, dying for acceptance to the herd he had been dying to serve. "Very dark times," Arrane's masculine vocals were stoic, somewhat afraid of the unexpected change. Contemplating whether to say 'friend' back, he figured it would be too informal and impolite of him to do that to a Foothills horse, considering he was near his territory. The stallion then bowed his head in respect to the regal unicorn. Though he was slightly shorter than him, the Overo seemed to hold a lot of power.

"Don't worry, I won't come any closer without permission", the stallion said with a tone of respect. Being a warrior back in his previous herd, Arrane knew about boundaries, taught to never trespass the borders. "It is a pleasure Apollo", formally introducing himself, tilting his head forwards once more, he met the Chief's eyes again. "I am no threat to the Foothills. In fact, I have come to request joining it. I would like to serve your herd, that is if you grant me the permission". The stallion felt his heart pounding in his chest, anxious and awaiting to see what the Chief would say.

Pricking his ears up, and standing stone still, Arrane waited for what felt like hours. He had a lot to offer, from battle tactics to loyalty. His primal equine instinct, being protected by a herd was taking over his wandering soul, drawing him closer to the beautiful lands, longing to be surrounded by fellow horses.

A P O L L O

Apollo's brow raised at the sound of the stallion's voice. He did not know this pale stag who wandered into his home so late at night, but this male seemed far from an idiot. He knew he was walking into someone else's land, someone else's kingdom, and knew he had to play by their rules. The realization that not everyone was an idiot caused the overo to chuckle and then smile warmly to himself. Was he wary of this stallion who introduced himself as Arrane? Yes, very much so. His time as Chief had made him slightly paranoid of those outside of his herd. Who could be trusted? Who wanted to steal the Foothills from his family with greedy little fingers? It was hard to tell anymore.

"I am no threat to the Foothills. In fact, I have come to request joining it. I would like to serve your herd, that is if you grant me the permission." The revelation was honestly not something that Apollo was surprised to hear. He had figured upon seeing the pale Arabian that he wanted something along those lines...

For a moment the Merciful didn't speak. Honey-brown orbs lingered and surveyed the stallion in front of him, sizing him up, looking from the tip of his nose to the tip of his tale. Lithe and quick he would be as an Arabian, but would he be an asset to their herd? With their dwindling numbers, Apollo knew that any helping hand would be good to have. Experienced or not, numbers in a herd could mean the difference between loss or victory.

"If you wish to join our home, tell me what you would be willing to offer us. We are a family here, sir Arrane. We watch over each other's backs in violent times, and we tend to each other in times of peace. Our allies are few and far between, much to my chagrin, so your offer did not fall on deaf ears... Just tell me what you would be willing to offer us."

ooc: Sorry for the wait! xD

Hidden Account
Orinthia
The Foothills chief seemed observant, watching the snowy stallion closely and how he acted. It was a previous militant life that gave Arrane his skills on respect, obedience, and survival. If he was going to thrive in the wild, he might as well play by the rules. Pricking up his audits, he watched Apollo eyeing him with honey eyes, these were tough times, and Arrane could easily sense why he wouldn't feel comfortable with a random stallion requesting membership, especially if he wasn't invited at the beginning from the threshold.

If the snowy stallion had the stress of the leader right now, he would probbly go insane. He was a warrior, a mere guardian of the herd that fought on command, he was intelligent, and knew how to develop battle tactics, but when it came to a battle, he knew his to fight to defend his family. Brisa, the thought entered his head, as he made mental vows when he met her to value and protect the snowy white mare. Mentally exhaling, the stallion shut his eyes in physical pain for only a second, reverting back to normal.

"I am undyingly willing to offer my loyalty, my body for strength and protection. I would like to be a warrior, strong and well ready to defend the Foothills. I offer battle tactics, strategies, and techniques", truthfully speaking, the stallion hoped it would catch the attention of the leader, and maybe let him consider letting Arrane join the herd. "I wish t have a family once more. One I cold cherish and protect with my soul", meaning every word. Though the word family gave him an aching pain in the chest,

His two lovely sisters were lost to him, still with his parents. Oh, how he missed them. It bothered him daily just as much as his loss of Brisa. He would never, ever, forget his kin. But now, he had decided to move in, and settle down from his constant wandering. It was time to try and start a new life.

A P O L L O

As the stallion, Arrane, began to speak and divulge his reasoning behind wanting to join their ranks, Apollo's ear flicked forward in interest. He listened with a respected kind of silence as the white Arabian went on, speaking of tactics, loyalty, and strength. He spoke of a male who had been in battle before, or at the very least held some kind of knowledge of the battlefield, and that would do wonders... But what truth caught his attention was when Arrane mentioned something that Apollo held more precious than anything.

"I wish to have a family once more. One I could cherish and protect with my soul." The worlds held a profound meaning for Apollo. Did he not swear the same type of alleigance to Ktulu and Ophelia, back when he had joined the Grey? A warrior he was not, but he had promised his body and soul to their cause... And perhaps that was why he stood where he did now, as Chief of the Foothills. Yet did he deserve it? In his eyes, no... There were so many others out there who could lead far better than he could, but those of the Foothills herd had sworn their fealty to him. Why, Apollo would never understand, but he would do his best to make sure that their trust was not wasted.

A breath escaped the Chief's lips, and he nodded slowly. "You have spirit," he began softly, his voice sounding tired even to his own ears, "And perhaps that is the strongest weapon of all, especially in these dark times. If you would like to be a warrior of our hills, then we will gladly have you... But you must partake in our spars, and meet with our General. There is a lot that will be expected of you." A smile upturned the corners of Apollo's lips and he lifted his head high once more, jerking his head to the right as he motioned for Arrane to follow. "I would be honored, good Arrane, if you dedicated yourself to our family. For without a family... What are we?"

[ooc: I'll have Arrane's rank changed to Warrior accordingly. :3]

Hidden Account
Orinthia
What was seconds seemed to turn into what minutes were like. The stallion's breathing was laboured, almost terrified with anticipation. He hoped the answer he gave the leader was good enough. He truly meant every word he said, and he just wanted to have a family once more. The familiar ache pierced his heart remembering his dear sisters Willow and Leila. They were his life. But now he had left them selfishly, only thinking of himself. He wouldn't do that now. He would never turn on the Foothills.

Nodding his head at the leader he agreed silently with the leader. He had spirit. He had the force to give up himself to protect this herd. "Yes. I will not let this darkness phase me", speaking truthfully, he was no longer afraid of the clutches of the shadows. "I will participate in whatever it takes to become a loyal warrior of the Foothills", vowing this with a fiercely protective voice, Arrane now knew what he wanted to do with his life.

It was an oath to protect these horses, his to be herdmates. "I will not fail your expectations, even if they are held high," breathing deeply the leader stared at him once more. "Yes. In family we live to our glory days", he spoke suddenly, following the leader back to the camp where he will now call home. A chilling wind blew through the whole place, chilling the white stallion to the bone. A smile plastered upon his maw with anticipation of new fights, new friends, new...everything. It was his new beginning.