Paladin the Valiant Posts: 153
Deceased
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 hh :: 15 Years Buff: DANCE
Tamme

From the dawn of time, to the end of days
I will have to run, away
I want to feel the pain, and the bitter taste
Of the blood on my lips, again

Paladin's secret was out to the World's Edge, and the stallion did not give a shit. He felt the dark mood over his spirits constrict, tightening their hold as he looked out over the night sky of the beach. Even the twinkling of the moonlight on the cresting waves did not bring him peace and serenity. Something in him had just given up, and he had not the heart nor the energy to try and revive it. He was slipping back into very old habits and very old ways that were easier to wear than courage or bravery.

His battle against the racist tendencies that plagued the land were futile. What could he do against their might? What could he do against his sister and her thoughts? They were all broken and breaking everyone else they came across. Who was he in the ocean? One drop? A little droplet of water unable to sway, only be swayed.

The black dun could complain about his family and complain about his life, but he had dug his own hole. Perhaps that is what made him so bitter. He felt powerless in the drama he had made for himself, and that was just... pathetic. To try and counterbalance this new irritation, he tried to pick up his old routines again, jogging along the beach, legs working against the sand that tried to swallow him whole.

But his heart was not into the work anymore, and he moved like a steady, unwavering bulwark of force with no life. He was a trebuchet, a tool of war, easily used but giving nothing in return. The stinging pain in his joints made him grimace, but otherwise, nothing appeared on his face until he saw a similar figure in the distance. At first, he thought it was his own reflection, but some small, tell tale differences told him otherwise.

Ktulu, his own daughter. Paladin's first instinct was to march up to her, retelling his disappointments, but what good would that do? She had made her choices, and she could live with the consequences - just like he had. The stallion chose instead to pause his efforts, walking closer until he could see her details and speaking would not require shouting. Gray hairs had cropped up over his face and leg joints, and he sported a beard now, much to his chagrine.

"Ktulu," he said quietly, not saying anything else. What was there to say?

"Deep in the ocean, dead and cast away... where innocence is burned in flames..."

DO YOU FEEL MY PAIN NOW?

Messages In This Thread
my heart is beating [paladin] - by Ktulu - 09-15-2013, 02:54 PM
RE: my heart is beating [paladin] - by Paladin - 12-23-2013, 01:48 PM
RE: my heart is beating [paladin] - by Ktulu - 12-28-2013, 11:12 PM