the Rift

return from exile

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod

TORLEIK
Death follows into your watery grave

Torleik was unsure of how to properly regard this mare. She stood before him wholly unmoved by his presence, and this was something the dual-horned unicorn was not used to. In his experience, most mares regarded strange stallions they encountered while traveling alone with at least some measure of suspicion and wariness – for males could be violent brutes. This Ophelia smelled not the slightest bit afraid or concerned. Perhaps that was because of her dragon companion? The rabicano still did not like the flying thing’s presence and his focus, he found, drifted to the silvery beast often.

He watched her speak to the dragon in the snow as one would speak to a small but precocious child. Interesting. Tinek began to inch towards him and Torleik felt his nostrils flare ever so slightly, ears going back towards his skull. This dragon did not seem intent to hurt him, but if that changed, Tinek could take to the sky and burn him with ease, just as the Pegasi had taken to the sky and burnt away his home, family, and friends. However, he could not deny his natural curiosity and general affinity to any sort of small creature, and he watched how the scaled silver beast moved with keen eyes – eyes that flicked back up to Ophelia when she told him she was mentally bonded to Tinek. Mentally and bonded in soul.

“Do…all here, in this land, bond to other creatures if they raise them from birth?” he inquired, the concept curious to him. Such companions had not been a part of his homeland, though his people had been quite friendly with the other creatures around. Small creatures, at least. The pristinely white mare asked him why he had such markings on his horns. He glanced up upon their mention and shifted somewhat, trying to relax now that Tinek had drawn much closer. The sparkle in Ophelia’s eyes was…it elicited a strange feeling in him. This was a kind mare, he decided. A good, kind female. Sad, somehow, and that made him sad – he wished to ease her sadness, usher it away to a place more suitable for such an emotion rather than within this mare.

“I was born on a full moon, and my parents claimed that when the moonlight touched my horns, these runes came forth with a white glow. They have remained ever since, a mark I take to be from the Moon Goddess, whom I have faithfully served all my days,” Torleik explained. This was an exaggeration of course, as no Unicorn was born with horns. Such claims were common among his people, however, being oral storytellers as they were and believers in the powers of the gods and goddesses. The true story was a personal one that he did not share. Taking a highly cautious step forward, the blue-eyed demon dipped his head to get down on Tinek’s current level, gazing at the silver dragon curiously. “What is it like, being off the ground and in the sky?” he asked quietly.

Afrolovertje & ximpossible @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
return from exile - by Ophelia - 09-15-2013, 02:55 PM
RE: return from exile - by Torleik - 09-15-2013, 04:19 PM
RE: return from exile - by Ophelia - 09-16-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: return from exile - by Torleik - 09-22-2013, 02:15 PM
RE: return from exile - by Ophelia - 10-02-2013, 07:20 PM
RE: return from exile - by Torleik - 10-09-2013, 12:45 AM