the Rift

return from exile
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia raised a brow ever so slightly. "Prejudice does not listen to reason," she explained quietly. "The purity of blood excuse can be used against anyone whom they do not like." She smiled softly. "I am not sure how many in the Basin adhere to that sort of thought, but my father has always been suspicious." The pale mare shrugged slightly at his question. "I am not sure I would be entirely unwelcome, but I prefer to be on my own."

What would he think if he knew that she had lead her own herd of mercenaries? Would that have changed his mind? Well, that and living with Deimos was absolutely not an option. She had been foolish, but she had only been a child. Who would murder a child? That thought always chilled her...

When Torleik explained the runes on his horns, she relayed the information to Tinek who grinned a toothy grin. She smiled, liking the lore that went behind his appearance. So often the markings and scars on bodies had no meaning, but his bound him to the sea and to the fate of all. Ophelia found the chilling finality of the runes beautiful, and it seemed very fitting for such a strong and powerful creature. "The symmetry of being bound to the sea and the end of life," she complimented.

When Tinek took off, she continued to walk, unperturbed by Torleik's reaction. She was not entirely surprised. He was a predator, and fear was a good emotion that kept everyone safe. She did not possess such evolutionary fears and instincts, and more often than not, this landed her in quite a bit of trouble.

Ophelia listened to what he said about his family and peered into his mind. The image she found there was horrifying. How could he not hate a species for what he had seen? For the tragedy that had overcome his entire family? She continued moving by his side as he revisited the memory, and she found it interesting how some parts were so clear and others so foggy. Was this how normal memories worked? If she were normal, would she have moments of clarity and some foggy memories? The thought of not remembering all was a pleasant one, especially if she had such history as Torleik.

She shook her head. "No need to apologize," she murmured. "I am sorry about your family," she said quietly. Ophelia still had her parents, but her life was not a simple one. Still, nothing quite so... horrifying had ever happened to her before; she felt for Torleik. "I have a friend with wings," she said, thinking of Midas. "He is very kind. Perhaps he would change your mind."

Credits: Image by perfectperfection @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
return from exile - by Ophelia - 09-15-2013, 02:55 PM
RE: return from exile - by Torleik - 09-15-2013, 04:19 PM
RE: return from exile - by Ophelia - 09-16-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: return from exile - by Torleik - 09-22-2013, 02:15 PM
RE: return from exile - by Ophelia - 10-02-2013, 07:20 PM
RE: return from exile - by Torleik - 10-09-2013, 12:45 AM
RE: return from exile - by Ophelia - 10-17-2013, 02:43 PM
RE: return from exile - by Torleik - 10-24-2013, 03:40 PM
RE: return from exile - by Ophelia - 11-13-2013, 12:35 AM
RE: return from exile - by Torleik - 11-22-2013, 03:40 PM