the Rift

return from exile

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
TORLEIK
Long is the winter of a man's soul

“Most do not listen to reason,” he grunted in annoyance. So many were fools. It was a shame. “I am not…thrilled by those within the Basin, but it is as close to home as I know. Unfortunately, however, my residing there seems to be a stigma despite my not being like those within.” Torleik looked at her curiously, wondering as Ophelia said she preferred to be on her own. Why? Even if someone told you they could love you endlessly and be your happiness day after day? Even if they promised to be what you needed? Would you push that way? And why? Romantic notions aside, Torleik was aware he could say little on this subject. He was guilty of preferring to remain alone in his own way anyhow by refusing to let himself develop potentially dangerously tethering feelings for anyone.

However, the irony of that was that this mare, who did not seem to want anything from him, was making him desire ever more to give her something, anything. Torleik felt whatever he might have to offer was good enough for someone, for her, for it to be taken seriously and not cast aside so simply. Rationally he knew that Ophelia was not thinking within herself, ‘This stallion has something to offer me and I will reject it.’ But that did not change that her…seeming indifference to his attempts to be kind frustrated him to the point of wanting to keep doing things just so that she would acknowledge that he was, indeed, worthy somehow.

Irritating and funny how that worked. The dual-horned stallion did not like that he felt this way because of her; he did not like being influenced within himself by others overmuch. “That is a lonely existence,” the large male murmured softly. “I would know.” His coldly blue eyes glanced at Tinek and he spoke again. “Though, I suppose having your dragon eases that somewhat?” It was a question because he knew he could be wrong. “And perhaps being alone while by yourself is not so painful as being alone while surrounded by others.” Maybe he should do as she did and wander alone instead of attempting to find an awkward and forced place within a home that would never be his.

Torleik’s opinion of her likely would have not changed, the more he learned about her. In truth, he was a little blinded by his own loneliness and her beauty and calm nature. Ophelia was the personification of something he desperately needed: peace. In some ways her personality reminded him of his mother’s, but he did not wish to delve into the psychology of males seeking out those who were most like their mothers – not for the strangeness of that, but because of the pain it would cause him to associate with Ophelia rather than the pleasant calm he did now.

The stallion explained his horns to the mare and her dragon and he stood a little more proud at her compliment, pleased at winning her approval in even such a small way. Their conversation took a darker turn when the subject turned to his hatred for the pegasi, and unbeknownst to Torleik, Ophelia fully understood him by her glimpse into his memories. Truthfully, he would not have objected to her getting inside of his mind. Such sorcery did not make him uneasy and he did not find many things worth the utter privacy that one’s mind provided. Events, knowledge, information, feelings – they were all meant to be known, it just depended on when they were revealed. His smile when Ophelia apologized for his family was grim, and for a few moments, his eyes showed that inside he was much, much older than even his current mature age suggested. “It was not your fault, but I appreciate the sentiment,” he murmured, moving slightly closer to her. The memories hurt, and he longed for some measure of comfort from that pain. Unsure of how to get it, though, he simply kept walking with her, a frown of his mouth that was not displeased, but not thrilled, taking up residence on his muzzle. “I am content with present company, thank you,” Torleik replied.

Movement in the sky caught his eye and he assumed it to be Tinek. Turning his attention upward proved him wrong: the sky had grown dark and flickers of color were snaking across the sky, barely visible but there nonetheless. Awed, the dual-horned stallion stopped and watched, seeing that as it grew darker, the colors grew brighter. “Beautiful,” he whispered, feeling at home. These were not the silken ribbons in the sky of his land, but they were a good substitute, a good patch for the wound of his missing home. Torleik’s eyes found the white mare again and he considered her for a moment. “It is late, and getting colder. Where I sleep is not but a few hills of snow that way,” he told her, nodding slightly to their right. “I can keep watch if you wish to rest for the evening. There is…nowhere safe to stay between here and wherever your destination might be.”

Take my offer, please. Let me do something. Let me be useful. Let me be worth something to you.

[[OOC: Love him T-T lol. Also, let me know if you can read that easily? Thanks!]]

Credits: Image by Flowering Fatality @ DA
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!

Messages In This Thread
return from exile - by Ophelia - 09-15-2013, 02:55 PM
RE: return from exile - by Torleik - 09-15-2013, 04:19 PM
RE: return from exile - by Ophelia - 09-16-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: return from exile - by Torleik - 09-22-2013, 02:15 PM
RE: return from exile - by Ophelia - 10-02-2013, 07:20 PM
RE: return from exile - by Torleik - 10-09-2013, 12:45 AM