the Rift

return from exile
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

One day, Ophelia might have argued with him, some time in the past. She had once devoutly believed that everyone was inherently good, but the darkness in her own heart and proven otherwise. So, she revealed a grim smile, glancing his way. Did he know how truly sick she was on the inside? Could he see right through? "I am sure that they will warm to you," she replied confidently. "They would be foolish not to, and I have never considered my aunt to be a fool."

Ophelia remembered her encounter with her father's sister. Psyche was formidable, bright and keen. Her mind was a jackal, vicious with sharpened teeth, and she had the ability to use it like a weapon. Little did she know, Psyche was facing her own turmoil.

As he passed his judgement on her way of life, she raised a brow. What was he playing at? What did he want? Lonely? Lonely was worshiping a god who had loved you and then getting told to never come into his presence again. Lonely was not remembering a single loving word being spoken and discovering you were pregnant with no memory of the father. Lonely was having to leave your sister because she was following a blood path you could not take. She knew lonely. She was lonely. But now? She was used to it, bitter even.

The mention of her dragon brought a small smile to her lips. Yes, Tinek did ease the loneliness. He was kind and humorous and little dorky, and he had a way of lifting her spirits and bringing her back into the present. "Tinek is... I am grateful for his presence," she said, glancing in the direction of the demon horned stallion. "I have found that being in company is lonelier than being in solitude with myself, but I have responsibilities. I cannot run any longer." Motherhood. She was a horrible parent.

The memory she had gleaned from his mind had been tragic, and she felt her heart begin to tentatively crawl from its hiding place. She warned it back in. How did that experience change him? Was he dark in the inside? She nodded as he thanked her for caring about his situation and then smiled when he said that he enjoyed her company. Few cared for it, so his words were flattering. As her hooves came to a pause next to his, she watched the colors of the sky; they cast a beautiful reflection on her white coat.

Shards of stone caught in her hair began to sparkle and catch in the light, only revealing their nature in the darkness. She was almost glowing. His words were kind, but she shook her head. "My destiny is south and your home - " she nodded in the direction of the Aurora Basin "- is that way." Ophelia gazed into his blue orbs with her dual colored ones, the crimson and blue a symbol for her split nature.

"I will travel through the night. I have places to be..." Daughters to see... Ophelia leaned up and pressed her muzzle softly to his cheek. "Good evening, Torleik." The pale princess glanced over her shoulder at him before disappearing into the whiteness of the snow, dragon following like mist in her wake.

Credits: Image by perfectperfection @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
return from exile - by Ophelia - 09-15-2013, 02:55 PM
RE: return from exile - by Torleik - 09-15-2013, 04:19 PM
RE: return from exile - by Ophelia - 09-16-2013, 09:28 PM
RE: return from exile - by Torleik - 09-22-2013, 02:15 PM
RE: return from exile - by Ophelia - 10-02-2013, 07:20 PM
RE: return from exile - by Torleik - 10-09-2013, 12:45 AM
RE: return from exile - by Ophelia - 10-17-2013, 02:43 PM
RE: return from exile - by Torleik - 10-24-2013, 03:40 PM
RE: return from exile - by Ophelia - 11-13-2013, 12:35 AM
RE: return from exile - by Torleik - 11-22-2013, 03:40 PM