the Rift

Take it to the limit

Desperado Posts: 30
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 5 :: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Foxy
Don't you draw the queen of diamonds, boy
She'll beat you if she's able</style>

Lightning flashed over head - not that sissy one bolt and then you're done stuff, either. This was sheet lightning, and boy - did it pack a punch. The endless night was illuminated for a second - revealing high cliffs and buffs in the distance, with a helluva lot of land in between. As the after-image burned in his gaze, thunder shook the ground, forcing the stallion's light-coloured hooves to slap the soil with even more rigor as he galloped forward.

Helovia, he had heard this land called. One would be stupid to run head long into a land that could be abbreviated as hell - but with death on his heels, it didn't make no never-mind to him where it caught him. Only that he'd make it chase him as long as he could.

His flanks heaved - revealing his ribs pressing against his seal-brown coat with every burst of oxygen. His dark thighs were slick with sweat, and the dark hair that ran in waves down his spine, had twisted together with perspiration, and thick froth from his open lips. His eyes - appearing unnatural, for they were so lightly colored compared to the rest of his dark coloring - were wide and determined. He would beat this rain, just like he had beat everything else life had thrown at him. And if not, well, he'd certainly put on a good show.

Sliding to the sort of stop that would make a cow-pony laugh, Des ungracefully slid his way under a grove of trees, just as what seemed like an ocean of rain poured from the sky. Thunder boomed ahead, as if disappointed that sweat was the only liquid covering Des's dark hide. "Yeah, maybe next time." He muttered in a deep drawling voice, under his breath, as he turned his gaze inward, waiting for his eyes to acclimatize to the lack of light.

Helovia. He thought with a sigh. Might as well get a move on.

Image Credits
 HP: 63
Desperado,
why don't you come to your senses,
you've been out riding fences,
for so long now.

Harmony Posts: 137
Deceased
Filly :: Equine :: 16.4 HH :: 5 § Frostfall
Wild.

H a r m o n y

Until you are in Harmony with yourself, you are not complete.

None but a small glance to my left with my harks perked and my scenters flared, alerted my instincts that someone- rather, something, was making it's way through the now prosperous and lush undergrowth that now spurted from the blessed soil. With a small smirk grazed over my sorrel kissers, I made my way through the thick wood. The small, slim trunked trees that raised to the heavens were somewhat of an obstacle. For, if I had not been paying attenti- I let out a loud grunt as I ran into the skinny pillar, shaking my dome as I did so. I couldn't help but stifle a small giggle. Hell, I was thinking about how I was paying attention and not running into trees, and guess what happened.

I couldn't help but be a bit startled when a large flash of lightning bellowed from the dark sky, giving off the most light I have seen in moons. Smiling, the split second seemed be far longer, as I gazed from side to side, taking in my landscape around me that was now bathed in light. Slowly, I forced my smile to fade as loud crashes of thunder gained on me. It sounded as if The hooves of the God's were stomping on our world, sending a storm of terror. Letting a small sigh escape my kissers, I flattened my harks to the back of my dome, trying to quiet the loud bellows. Stopping in my tracks, the muscles in my large, long pillars flexed. Before me, behind some hedges and a burdock plant, stood a being. I smiled a bit. My orbs floating across it's frame as I lurked in the shadows. Wishing not to be seen for awhile, I stood. Pondering weather I should approach or simply walk away.

Eh, why not? Stepping from my suck-ish hiding place, I stayed a few horse lengths from the brute, my ears now set in a friendly position and a polite smile dancing on my kissers. Dipping my head in his direction, I spoke.

" Greetings, newcomer. "

@[Desperado]
Table by Wild. - SarhaharaS1@DA

Foxy

From the darkness stepped a painted mare, standing only a few inches shorter - unless she was perhaps on some hill or mound - it was hard to tell. The thick canopy of trees ahead did a fair job of blocking out the rain which was now falling in buckets, but also blocked much of the moon's light from seeping through.

Greetings, newcomer

Ah. He must be in some gateway - why else would she assume him new to these lands? He must have entered in through some funnel or such. Like a lamb to the slaughter he thought with a smirk, again reminding himself that this land was called hel-ovia.

"Ma'am" He offered, with a nod of his tan muzzle. Flicking his dark tail, he stepped forward, eyeing the area behind Harmony, lest she be accompanied by others. Regarding the darkness with a keen interest, though seeing nothing, his cool gaze returned to her bi-toned face. His own visage was rugged, if not handsome in a rough sort of way. His dark colouration gave way to a tan muzzle, and rather gentle grin. His eyes, emotionless but intelligent, appeared almost a shade too light, compared with his dark features.

"So...how does this work?" He began, his tones polite, though indicating that he'd like to make his way through regardless of the rain. "I gotta pledge my allegiance, or do I dance before I pass?" He took a step towards her, and then another, until the distance between them was almost completely diminished. Quizzically he looked down upon her, his light green gaze regarding her with an almost categorizing interest. Why you? he wondered. She was not overly muscular looking - certainly not very old. If this was some sort of gateway where he had to be claimed, surely they would send more than a pretty girl to collect the rabble that washed in? Then again, perhaps that was the trick. What a man wouldn't do, for a pretty face. Maybe they had that all figured out.

Whoever they were.

@[Harmony]

Image Credits
Desperado,
for so long now.

Deceased
Wild.

H a r m o n y

Until you are in Harmony with yourself, you are not complete.

I didn't restrain from him, just simply looked up at him, my orbs blank. Glancing to my left side, I stomped my left front pillar as a fly took a bite. Letting out a small snort and a chuckle, I responded to him, my voice strong, showing him that I wasn't weak.

" Sir, you are in the Threshold of Helovia. A land just before you enter our lands. Here you come to find someone that you wish to accompany home. "

Bobbing my sorrel dome, I nodded to him, my polite smile growing wider. Taking a step back from him, I looked behind me, then back to him. My orbs now shone with excitement. Flexing my feminine muscles, I raised my dome to a proud standpoint and then spoke once again, my voice soft, but not too soft. I showed no hint that I may be weak. For, I wasn't in any way, shape or form.

" Here, there are herds, they have their own land and official ranks. I will tell you more of them later... Also, there are outcasts, beings that are free to roam where they please, accept the herd lands. Also, there are outcasts bands. Lead and created by outcasts. "

Taking another step forward, I smiled and nodded, gesturing I had finished speaking. My hopes of meeting someone new had been granted. But, then again, something about him made me cringe a bit. There was a feeling coming off him in waves. It made my orbs flash from one muscle of his to the other, expecting him to lash out at me any moment. I could feel his breath coming out of his nostrils, and lingering on my sorrel and white pelt. This made me glue my pools to the ground nervously. Shaking my dome, I forced myself to look him in the orbs, and keep my voice strong. Letting my orbs float across his bodice, I noticed he had nothing special either. This made my smile widen. Focusing on him and him only, I noticed he was sweating, trying to stifle a chuckle, my kissers made a loud noise. I couldn't help but giggle.

@[Desperado]
Table by Wild. - SarhaharaS1@DA

Foxy

He watched the way the mare moved - how her gaze kept shifting from him - his physique, the ground, back to him again, then to one side or another. He heard the way her voice nearly seemed forced - or perhaps it was simply always that way. Yet he didn't think so, this was a show, he was almost sure of it. And the show was for him. So maybe she was sent here; maybe this wasn't some happenstance meeting after all.

With a bland stare, he listened as she spoke, noting specifically how she said our lands, before advising that he would have to find someone to follow home. His eyes betrayed little of the skepticism he felt at her words, as she continued, his growing suspicion fueled by her confident tones, that perhaps she was not all that she seemed.

As she nodded, moving towards him and appearing to be finished speaking, he cocked an ear forward quizzically, exhaling slowly from his tan nostrils. Hadn't she said she would tell him more about the herds and their ranks? Perhaps that was just part of the pitch and yet...

Something wasn't right.

Her display of being unafraid - no, that wasn't the right word. Of being strong, perhaps? But why? She had offered no home, and yet referred to the lands as ours. She had said he had to follow someone - was she perhaps simply taking it for granted, that he would go with her? Is that how these things normally played out?

As her gaze roamed across his dark pelt once again, causing a giggle to escape her throat, Des shifted his weight onto his right, causing his left shoulder to protrude slightly, displaying the odd brand that was stationed there.

"So that's it then?" He inquired in his characteristic southern drawl. "I just...wait here until someone strikes my fancy? Then trail on beyond them like a little pup?" Again his light gaze moved from beyond her, into the darkness that lay in his path. "Seems to me I could just waltz right on in." His gaze returned to hers, as his tail flicked against his hocks once again. He still couldn't make up his mind if she was useful or not - but if there was some sort of reason he couldn't simply pass her by, he'd rather find it out the easy way.

@[Harmony]

Image Credits
Desperado,
for so long now.

Deceased
Wild.
Harmony...
live in complete harmony with the lord

As my thoughts drifted away for a brief moment, to the sweet smell of herbs, I felt my muscles quiver with relaxation, and my demeanor become normal again. As I forced my young mind to concentrate on the situation before me, it hit me that I probably shouldn't be acting like I'm all that, I must simply be myself, rather that pretend to be something I'm not. With a sudden shake of my bodice, particles of dust flew into the air, dancing on the breeze, accompanied by the attitude of a over the top mare, the attitude that I attempted to shake off. With a snort, I perked my harks and listened to his words. My muscles where no longer flexed, and a polite smile replaced the forced on that previously lingered. I nodded when he finished speaking, understanding his confusing. Cocking my right hind, and setting my harks in a comfortable position, (my right one facing outwards toward a thick-trunked tree, my left focused behind me) I began to respond. My voice was now light and kind, not harsh and cold like it was moments ago.

" I understand your confusion, sir. You don't have to do any of that. Simply go where your heart, or possibly mind, leads you. "

For a moment I looked off into the distance behind the equine, rather then locking my orbs with his. With a deep, heart aching sigh I remembered my meeting with Antheia here. When she accepted me as her home and took me to the Edge. I regret going there, for my time wasn't prosperous. But not by any means do I regret Antheia and I's paths crossing.

" Here, you must decide your place before you move on, or else you will not be allowed in. I expect you would like to know more about the herds, well. This is going to be long, so I hope you are willing to listen."

Taking a step forward, I let my orbs lock with his. Kindness and knowing displaying in them. With a brief nod, I let my smile grow wider. I then curved my neck to the right, flipping my maw to a common path to the right of us, starting between a Goldenrod bush, and a few wilting lavender plants.

"Would you like to take a walk, and talk? If not that is perfectly fine. "

Listening carefully, I noticed that the soft drumming of the rain had lightened to a barely audible patter now. Chuckling, I quietly nickered to him, my voice much like a soft bird, taking it's first flight from the nest.

" The rain has let up now, we won't have to worry about our coats getting wet. "

@[Desperado][/color]

Artemis Posts: 82
Hidden Account
Mare :: Unicorn :: 17hh :: 4 Buff: NOVICE
Sei

It was a strange feeling. She had never had a real 'family' before. The Foothills were more vulnerable than ever, yet the proud mare knew they would survive, as they always did. Apollo was a great leader, and despite being small, her family was strong no matter what that fool General thought. How dare he abandon them, and Ktulu too! An alien feeling of frustration welled up within her; she had been forced to shed blood for a pair who had given up after their loss, but Artemis stood strong. She would help the Foothills regain their power and their glory, without shedding the blood of innocents.

But now, it was important that she return to this place; the Threshold. The dense forest loomed before her, thick and dark with vines and foliage. It was far from welcoming, and the thick clouds had masked any moon light that might provide some relief from the constant gloom and rain was pouring down over head. Sucking in a sharp breath, she arched her proud neck and pressed onward into the forest.

As she moved, she came across a pair of horses, though she hadn't caught any of what they were saying. The rain was dying down, yet mud splattered her hooves and her body was sodden after her short walk. She shook her head with a groan and plodded toward the pair. £Dang rain..." She muttered, smiling slightly. "I do hope I am not intruding...? My name is Artemis. I hail from the Foothills." She said, somewhat nervously.

speech
[Image: 258b4tv.jpg]