the Rift

Take it to the limit

Desperado Posts: 30
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 10 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3 :: 5 :: Tallsun HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Foxy
Don't you draw the queen of diamonds, boy
She'll beat you if she's able</style>

He watched the way the mare moved - how her gaze kept shifting from him - his physique, the ground, back to him again, then to one side or another. He heard the way her voice nearly seemed forced - or perhaps it was simply always that way. Yet he didn't think so, this was a show, he was almost sure of it. And the show was for him. So maybe she was sent here; maybe this wasn't some happenstance meeting after all.

With a bland stare, he listened as she spoke, noting specifically how she said our lands, before advising that he would have to find someone to follow home. His eyes betrayed little of the skepticism he felt at her words, as she continued, his growing suspicion fueled by her confident tones, that perhaps she was not all that she seemed.

As she nodded, moving towards him and appearing to be finished speaking, he cocked an ear forward quizzically, exhaling slowly from his tan nostrils. Hadn't she said she would tell him more about the herds and their ranks? Perhaps that was just part of the pitch and yet...

Something wasn't right.

Her display of being unafraid - no, that wasn't the right word. Of being strong, perhaps? But why? She had offered no home, and yet referred to the lands as ours. She had said he had to follow someone - was she perhaps simply taking it for granted, that he would go with her? Is that how these things normally played out?

As her gaze roamed across his dark pelt once again, causing a giggle to escape her throat, Des shifted his weight onto his right, causing his left shoulder to protrude slightly, displaying the odd brand that was stationed there.

"So that's it then?" He inquired in his characteristic southern drawl. "I just...wait here until someone strikes my fancy? Then trail on beyond them like a little pup?" Again his light gaze moved from beyond her, into the darkness that lay in his path. "Seems to me I could just waltz right on in." His gaze returned to hers, as his tail flicked against his hocks once again. He still couldn't make up his mind if she was useful or not - but if there was some sort of reason he couldn't simply pass her by, he'd rather find it out the easy way.

@[Harmony]

Image Credits
 HP: 63
Desperado,
why don't you come to your senses,
you've been out riding fences,
for so long now.

Messages In This Thread
Take it to the limit - by Desperado - 09-15-2013, 09:07 PM
RE: Take it to the limit - by Harmony - 09-16-2013, 10:45 PM
RE: Take it to the limit - by Desperado - 09-16-2013, 11:45 PM
RE: Take it to the limit - by Harmony - 09-17-2013, 11:38 AM