the Rift

[PRIVATE] The Side Effects of Disembodiment

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

I leap and bound, happiness within my step as I attempt the beat the mush that is now covering all the northern lands. The Arch was still up here, right? Daddy and I joining the Throat hadn't changed much, accept for the fact that I know lived in a desert, where the sand got everywhere. I needed to know everything there was about my new home, but most of all, I needed to talk to Tonka. He seemed to be the only one other than Daddy that I could trust. My new family within the Throat seemed odd, and just calling them that was a difficult process altogether. Maybe later on, when I'm older and know what I'm doing, I'll be back with the Assassins. They were my original family, coming to me within my first days, wisking me away to a magical place that became of story book homes. I wanted everyone to come with me when I left, though already I knew that wasn't possible. The last issue I needed to take care of now was making sure that Uncle Tonka knew I was safe, and that I was going to visit whenever he wanted me to. Heck, I bet that Miss Kri would be fine with him visiting me occasionally when I explained the relationship I held with him.
About that time, everything had placed a bittersweet taste to my soul. While I was overjoyed to be within a herd, to have Roy beside me whenever I needed him, it was the fact that I left the Assassins without a word. I had been their Doctor, something I was so proud of. Now within the Dragon's Throat, I remained at a low rank, not ready to take on that new rank that would start me with medicine.
The Arch is ahead of me, it's body twinkling within the Moon's glow. My horn has gotten larger, the blue glow bursting forth having a new brighter tone. For my body, it had become to that awkward phase that signalled the last days of my childhood. Adrixaura's milk was no longer needed for me to survive, yet while it seemed strange to eat the grass along the oasis, I wasn't dying when I ate it. Even if I didn't want to admit that, Amara was right about it. She'd need to know about me joining the Throat too, but I still wanted to be her sister and meet her family. She never got much of the chance to meet mine, but there would be a time later on.
My gray hooves touch ice for the first time in what seems like weeks. It might of only been just a few days, my tract of time completely lost. There would be a stretch of time when my body complained about the time. For now, it was all Moon and stars, all the time. Warm breezes and soft grass, cool water in the streams. The north was the only place that was left within the cold fingers of Frostfall.
The air is cold once more, the scent of sand upon my dusty coat. Again, my heart is within termoil as I think of how Tonka would accept these actions I'd created. I could only think of one way to get his attention now. "UNCLE TONKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" My voice bursts through the complex system of caverns and caves like it did when I was younger. The hair I yanked from his mane would probably be lost now, the fresh winds taking them away. In that time, there was still sunlight. Sunlight this far north was a sort of a blessing, it's bare warmth lingering with a strange odor. Truthfully, it held no scent like the memories that existed here.
Here lay the Assassins, the outcast group I was born to, where they wisked me away to safety as newborn. The caves and caverns that still echo the words of countless stories, and songs sung about. Somewhere deep within this mess, lies the one person I need to speak to at this moment, who maybe can accept my actions. He would know that this was for my own personal needs, for the fact that my bond with my mother seemed severed, becoming a head without it's body. We had made a strange combination that in our unique ways, we killed on our own. Adrixaura had Sol, and I had Roy. We didn't need each other much longer, only some time ago had I been sleeping beside her while she whispered stories to me. Now, it's a hatred.
Family, what a bitch..

@[Tonka]

If you could hear me then, can you hear me now?

Image Credits