the Rift

[PRIVATE] Playing With Fire

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Well, I think about now that I should be going back to the Throat, just so Daddy doesn't get too worried. The thought of him overreacting about me going out on my own for a bit makes me giggle, the smile upon showing my joyful attitude today. Sunlight was warm and cozy, reminding me of Adrixaura's womb. It's return marked a return to things before everything went crazy. I don't think you would of thought about it much, but it's a true blessing, because gosh, it's wonderful. Words can't describe the feeling that came when I woke in front of the Earth God's shrine to the Sun returning. My only goal at the moment is get home and make sure Dad doesn't go crazy waiting for me to get back there.
As much as the Arch is my original home, I can't get over the amazing feeling that comes with going to the sea. This place was where I met Amara and Kilichii, two kids just like myself that I'm never going to forget. The skip in my pace is followed with a soft hum, the herbs within my mouth sweet and bitter at the same time. Carrying them around was more of a calming feeling than anything else, and their bad taste is easily looked over. Truthfully, I don't care. The ocean has yet to come and try to take them away from me, so far they're completely mine.
Mine. Ah yes, all mine.
I make a mental list as of what herbs I need to get and bring back home, making myself useful for them. Miss Kri didn't need to think of me as an useless foal who didn't know what she was doing. I know exactly what I'm doing. I'm growing up, and becoming a healer. Isn't that enough for her?
The ocean speaks, saying something to me. My head turns towards it, half curious as of what it has to say. Everything about me seems to be strange, all of it leading up to the weird connection I have towards the Earth and Water. If I went up to Daddy and said that out loud, chances would be he'd stare at me, and then just walk away. He is a strange creature, though oddly, he and Adrixaura came across each other to make me.
Seriously, I don't want to know how that came along.
Everything falls silent for a moment, the new and fresh warm baking the air and making the sea more temptating. Swimming wouldn't be too bad, yet the idea goes flat as I remind myself of the herbs. Kilichii and I went swimming just a while back ago, and over doing it might be too much. My skip and a hop pace comes back to me, the tone hummed through the herbs bringing a song to the world. The herbs I've gathered aren't really that far, and I could easily get them together and leave. Leaving isn't bad, but who cares now?
Dad is probably off rupturing blood veins trying to figure out where I went by now.

Gone with the eastern winds, wouldn't you like to go too?

Image Credits

Feritas Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Actions | "Speech" | Thought

Only a month old and already the young colt was wandering. The sun rested on his back, causing his golden-bronze coat to gleam and the brindles on his barrels to shine like white fire. He trotted along what he had recognized as a beach. His mother had taught him much, and he had listened, despite his refusal to speak to her. He knew words now, but he did not deem her worthy to hear his voice. She stifled his creativity, and for that, he was granting her the silent treatment.

Who was she to say that he was not allowed to rip the wings from a butterfly? He liked the way they crumbled under his hooves, still tiny as they were. He was trotting, yes, trotting- he'd finally gotten the hang of using his legs correctly, along a stretch of sand, water crashing itself against the land to his right. So yes, he recognized the place as a beach because his mother told him what a beach looked like. He did not know that it was dangerous. He did not care- the ocean would have struck a lesser horse dumb at first sight. The stretch of endless water a cause of awe for some, but not the young colt.

It was a boundary that he could not cross, and so he did not bother thinking about the depth of the waves, or the power they held. He did not care about the water. He cared about the land. He could feel his hooves eating away at the sand, picking it up with the soles of his hooves and tossing it up behind him. This land belonged to him, the single fact was not something that any had to teach him- he could feel it boiling in his blood. He was the son of a king, a prince, and to rule was his birthright, even if he had to kill to prove it.

hen he came across the tracks of another horse having run along here before him, their trail stretching out ahead of him, he slowed to a stop and raised his head to sniff the salty air. he was not a coward. His mother had told him to hide himself away from strangers, but he disobeyed her frequently. She was wrong about many things. She said he was supposed to be innocent and kind, but he did not see the point of either. She told him the world would try to kill him and so he must hide, but he did not feel fear. He did not even know what fear was.

Thus, when he smelled the stranger horse's scent, he picked up his pace until his too-long legs were galloping across the unsteady ground. He kept his balance reasonably well- after slipping once, he learned his lesson and kept on at a more cautious pace until he came to see a golden-brown filly, not much older than him, walking along the beach. he was approaching her from behind, and downwind, so he did not think she could see or smell his approach until he nickered. He decided that this filly would be the first to hear his voice, and so he greeted her with the words his mother had tried to get him to speak to her without success.

"Hello... I'm Feritas, Who are you?"

@[Sikeax], played by katie
Heheheh

Sikeax Posts: N/A
Unregistered

I was already well into a soft, steady train of thought when my herbs had been gathered, my muzzle shifting through them looking for a certain one. I cannot remember the name of it that well, but it brought a feeling of calm with it and made it easier for me to relax. It even held a sweet taste to it. You could even call it candy.
I'd only just found that one herb when a voice came from behind me, my teeth already upon it and my mouth awaiting. I chewed and swallowed fast before going to greet the male voice. He held a fast, hard definition to his words, asking my name straight foward. An expression made half of a smirk and a frown slipped across my face, something I can clearly remember making the day I landed flat on my ass. I was younger then. Now, I was sure not to land on it in the middle of important sessions.
"Oh, well, hi Feritas. I'm Sikeax, but feel free to call me Sia. Why are you out here?" I could of asked where his parents were, but I was still young myself. That need for adventure and freedom was still deep in the earth that grounded me. It was always there, and that's the reason I was here now. He is over there, alone, looking as if he has nothing better to do than come and bother me. He is harsh with what he does, that I can already tell. The harsh type always leave a nasty taste in my mouth, but the herb washes it away to ensure a safe day. He is a child, younger than me, and I need to be nice to him at least.
My head lowers, going for the same herb that I had been chewing on. I'd been careful to place rocks over my herbs to ensure that the wind wouldn't take them away while they were unattended. This left me the ability to go to him and speak, not having to worry about what happened to them.
That was exactly what I did, that same herb inside my mouth, an offering to him.
"Here, try this. Trust me, it's really nice. It relaxes you and has a sweet taste. I like it, so I thought maybe you would?" The herb is extended forward towards him, my muzzle lighted by the pale blue light from my horn. 'Here, take it,' is exactly what I portray myself doing, exactly what I want him to do. When there is a feeling of the herb slipped away, I let it go with a bit of a thin grip, to ensure it wasn't taken without too much ease. The wind was a common thief to light-weight things, this being an early memory of mine other than the burning sensation that was brought with snow.
I offer a smile, polite and partially blushing because he is a colt, and I'm young enough that flirting is considered a cute thing. I don't know much about him, but he could take it if he wanted to. A giggle was thrown in there too, just to ease the tension that probably didn't exist.
"So, is this your first time coming out to the sea? It's pretty cool, huh? There's a lot cool things around here, maybe sometime later on we can go and see them together?" Only because I thought he was cute did I offer this.
Because seriously, how was Amara going to react to this? Would she just come and drool all over this colt I picked up? You've got to be a bit protective over your opposite sex, if anything.

Gone with the eastern winds, wouldn't you like to go too?

Image Credits

Feritas Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Actions | "Speech" | Thought

She introduced herself as Sia and the colt relaxed, only to tense again as she offered him an unknown herb. Was she trying to poison him? The prince shook the thought away. Surely if it was poison, it would have affected her, being in her mouth and all. After a moment of hesitation, he took the herb from her and chewed. He found no pleasure in the sweet flavor, and even though the herb did calm his nerves, he found it was obsolete- he was calm. There was no need for such a precaution. Although now he felt his desire to buck had been neutralized. Had she paralyzed him? He snorted and backed up at the sensations the herb gave him. His dainty ears flattened against his fuzzy dark mane and he glared at her with cyan eyes hard as iced steel.

"What have you done to me?!" The whinny was harsh and accusatory. He bared toothless gums at her, and then felt the herb work to rein in his temper. He sighed and relaxed even though he still gave her a hateful glare. "I wanted to explore the borders of my territory." He answered her question at last, the tone changed once more to express a sickening... something that cloyed the atmosphere like poison.

"This land belongs to me... All of it. I was born to rule... born to be a king, I can feel it in my blood. I wanted to get a more hands-on appreciation of the lands that will be mine... one that my mother so foolishly tries to hide from me, so I ran away from that idiot cow and here I am." He snorted, raising his head high and proud as though he wanted her to revere him with more respect like the prince he thought he was. As he spoke, he studied her, gauging her reactions to his speech, and wondering if she would be impressed by his fearless confidence like he thought she should be. How many times was she likely to meet a prince like him? Not very often, he was sure.

His mother had despaired at the smoothness of his face and he wondered why. Only recently had his face begun to pain him. He had looked at himself in a stream to find out what it was that was boring against his skull and he saw two small dark nubs growing out of his face between his eyes in a vertical line. One was larger than the other, and now it was slightly more obvious that he was no ordinary equine. Two horns curved out of his skull- one longer and thicker than the other. Of course, they were not fully grown. The longer one was only about two inches or so now, but they would grow as he would grow.

He carried himself with a pride of one that knew noble birth. Or so he thought- Feritas had no idea how a prince was meant to act, for he had never met a royal before. He had a general idea, though, and he aimed that way. He hoped it would work on her- he wanted to perfect his mannerisms to portray nobility and if his ideas on how he should act did not work on her that meant he would have to redesign himself to act differently.

@[Sikeax], played by Katie
Sorry this is so late, hun.